It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana, Radiation Protection & Cancer Prevention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I meant proven to the point where the case is actually fought and won. Simply knowing something, and having regular Joe's chime in, doesn't seem to be swaying the government, now does it? We can talk about all the scientific "proof" we want, but until someone gets a major government body on board -- the FDA, the CDC, etc. -- legalization seems to be going nowhere.

For every doctor or scientist that says how wonderful it is, there are three more (paid) to say it's not.

Edit to add:

If you read my post in its entirety, I also mentioned that should it be legalized, the cost effective aspect will go out the window. Pharma stand to lose a bunch of money, and in turn so will the campaign coffers.

edit on 11-6-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

I meant proven to the point where the case is actually fought and won. Simply knowing something, and having regular Joe's chime in, doesn't seem to be swaying the government, now does it? We can talk about all the scientific "proof" we want, but until someone gets a major government body on board -- the FDA, the CDC, etc. -- legalization seems to be going nowhere.

For every doctor or scientist that says how wonderful it is, there are three more (paid) to say it's not.

Exactly. It makes me sick when I think of the disinfo and propaganda used to such an extensive degree, all in the name of making a few more pennies.

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Big Pharma cant make money of a miracle drug. Therefore marijuana is illegal. In the states atleast. I live 2 minutes from the border of Holland, so Im lucky haha.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

This is why this topic is such a hard thing to have here on ATS. Some good info on conspiracies as to why weed is illegal BUT 2 "stoner" comments. Give us something to work with people.
reply to post by intrepid

Every thread on just about every issue imaginable has off-topic responses and juvenile posters as part of its DNA. To attempt to justify the censorship of an entire topic based on this is disingenuous at best. I know I should be singing your praises for having not 86'ed this thread already...but I'm in no mood to to pander to authority. Especially as such censorship puts the site squarely on the side of TPTB. This has always bothered me.

Fact: Marijuana is a plant. To not be able to discuss a plant, freely, openly, and yes, even with "stoner comments" (that are in themselves, if off-topic, deleted) should be seen as the extremely strange cognitive disconnect that it is. In other words, it is literally insane.

And when we view the literally insane as the acceptable status quo, we are doing the opposite of denying ignorance.

edit on 11-6-2011 by joechip because: clarification

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I did read your entire post and completely disagree.

You have no proof of a price increase due to legalization.

The facts prove you wrong. Prices are being driven down dramatically.

****PLEASE NOTE**** I am NOT advocating the personal or the illegal use of Cannabis.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by lpowell0627

You have no proof of a price increase due to legalization.

Sure I do.

You don't really think it costs $1000 to make a pill do you?
Look at the taxes on alcohol and tobacco.
You don't really think that every tylenol they give you in a hospital is somehow worth $50 each?

The first thing they are doing -- look around -- is legalizing it for medicinal purposes. Medicine = pharma = government = outrageous prices.

Not to mention that California specifically wants to legalize marijuana in order to tax it and balance their budget.

People are so willing to accept whatever the government offers because they want it legalized. And if you think that the government is going to let it be legal and not tax it, then you are living in La La Land. I have 200 years of proof on my side for that.

The facts prove you wrong. Prices are being driven down dramatically.

Actually, as I stated above, the facts prove me right.

The government has the largest deficit in history.
The American people, aside from only targeting the wealthy, are not going to embrace higher taxes.
The government spends, on average, $1.17 for every $1.00 they take in in taxes.
The government is already allowing legalization for medicinal purposes.
The government is already taxing other vices -- alcohol and tobacco -- to the max.

So, the government needs money. Americans need their vices. See the formula? Not to mention that most every bill that has been presented has offered a tax to the government as kind of a "bribe" in order to try and get it passed.

All you have to do is look at the current red tape, tax, and restrictions being placed on the businesses growing it for medicinal purposes. There is no reason to think that broadening legalization will do away with already existent fees and bureaucracy.

So, the burden of proof falls to you --

Show me exactly how:

1. The prices are being dramatically reduced as you stated.
2. Any indication of any bill for the legalization of marijuana that does not involve a tax.
edit on 11-6-2011 by lpowell0627 because: spelling error. A side effect to legalization....ha ha.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Look, I'm sorry I lashed out at you.

If you look at it from the "Big Pharma" point of view,

Then yes, I completely agree with you.

Where your logic (In my opinion) lacks information,

1.) You do not need a still.

2.) The cultivation is simple.

3.) Legalization created a huge supply. Any "Collective" will verify.

4.) Edible or pill form doesn't work for everyone.

These are precisely the reason "Big Pharma" does not want it legal.

They have not figured out a way to make money on this substance.

*****PLEASE NOTE***** I do not advocate the personal or illegal use of Cannabis.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I think I have located the breakdown in our communication.

You seem to be under the impression / notion / idea that government will legalize marijuana and allow individuals to grow it at their homes whenever they choose. In that case, sure -- if we can grow it and we can smoke it, there is no money exchange needed. Nor would it be easy for the government to track and tax quantity in that particular case. It is just a weed afterall.

However, in my opinion, that will never happen because the government will control, monitor, and tax it.

Keep in mind, they can legalize it and still not allow you to grow it. Similar to tobacco is many states. You can smoke it -- but you can't grow it.

We're all good.

Frankly, I hope you turn out the one to be correct.

<< 1   >>

join