It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana, Radiation Protection & Cancer Prevention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Marijuana and Radiation Protection

Natural News Marijuana offers strong protective qualities against radiation exposure. Since fewer and fewer people have the financial resources to continually purchase all the helpful things they will need perhaps growing weed in our backyard will offer the public one of the best anti-radiation solutions in the long run. Instead of it being just relaxing it might become very necessary to intake marijuana to increase ones defenses against radiation exposure. Might as well get your brownies ready but one has to be careful about radiation getting into everything, even your marijuana plants, which will actually thrive nicely in radioactive environments.

With all the radiation getting thrown around recently, Cannabis could in fact be there to save the day.
If.. it wasn't illegal.

Cannabinoids, the active components of marijuana, inhibit tumor growth in laboratory animals and also kill cancercells. Their use in the case of childhood cancer is compassionate.
Marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth in half, a 2007
Harvard Medical School study shows.The active ingredient
in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half
and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread.

So if Cannabis has such positive effects and could be so widely distributed on a vast and cheap scale, then why is it still being held back from us at the extent of locking up perfectly innocent people?

Why is it really illegal? You may find the answers you are looking for in my thread entitled: The Marijuana/Cannabis Conspiracy! (Why it is really illegal and the propaganda used against it)

Dr. Whalley, who is leading the research at the department of pharmacy at the University of Reading, said tests in animals had shown the marijuana compounds effective at preventing seizures and convulsions while also having fewer side effects than existing epilepsy drugs.

So its better than traditional medicine in some cases in regards to side effects and general efficiency of treatment.. oh. AND cheaper. But I guess that explains why its not being put to use on a vast scale.

Natural News
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I do not care if it is illegal.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

It really does p**s me off that marijuana is still illegal. I have no words that can express how I feel.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I seem to remember the days when the state of Arizona introduced the marijuana tax stamp...I thought for sure when the feds saw the potential for money in it's legalization, that it would almost have overnight turned into a substance as legal as alcohol.

Truth is though, I think there is a lot more money in keeping it illegal, and like it was pointed out above this post...what about the billion dollar industry of pharmaceuticals? Money is behind everything legal and illegal...dollar bills and deep pockets keep marijuana right where it is today on the law books.

Too bad though, aside from cancer, the psychological benefits are wonderful...or so I hear.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
So if Cannabis has such positive effects and could be so widely distributed on a vast and cheap scale, then why is it still being held back from us at the extent of locking up perfectly innocent people?

Because it's too cheap. Big businesses don't like things that they can't make money from. They especially don't like things that will cause them to make less money.

Why is it really illegal?

Industrial hemp use would've put DuPont out of business so, supposedly, William Randolph Hearst and DuPont did what they could to make hemp illegal so they could continue their business with wood-pulp, paper, and nylon

ETA: I really hope this thread doesn't get 404'd. Marijuana news like this is actually worth knowing about.
edit on 6/11/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A good bit of information to know!
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is why this topic is such a hard thing to have here on ATS. Some good info on conspiracies as to why weed is illegal BUT 2 "stoner" comments. :shk: Give us something to work with people.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
interesting post, thanks for sharing. and youre right this is relevant with all the radiation everywhere now!
indigo
edit on 6/11/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This is why this topic is such a hard thing to have here on ATS. Some good info on conspiracies as to why weed is illegal BUT 2 "stoner" comments. :shk: Give us something to work with people.

I shall then, instead, quote from one of my older threads in regards to the reasons behind cannabis being criminalised.

There has been a great amount of propaganda used against cannabis because of its male sibling (Hemp) and its potential to revolutionise many different market sectors and put a lot of corporations out of pocket. Cannabis could have become so revolutionary for many different industries infact that it was made illegal in the name of it being harmful to your health. The idea of it being harmful for your health was based on bogus trials and studies. The fact of the matter is that cannabis is actually extremely beneficial to the user if not smoked with tobacco. Tobacco in itself should not actually be as harmful as it is, what makes it so harmful is the fact that radioactive fertilizer is used in the growing of tobacco. Radiation being the most likely cause of cancer.
Source

My bad.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

The original poster can't help what other people come here and say, just get rid of comments you think violate the rules of ATS, keep the thread itself open there is nothing wrong with this discussion

i've seen great discussions about real conspiracies surounding the hemp plant closed simply because of a few bad comments and nothing wrong with the original post or the main discussion, thanks
indigo

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You have to be careful for what you wish for. Should the government actually legalize marijuana, it will most certainly be heavily taxed, one needs look no further than tobacco and alcohol for proof of that.

Once it becomes heavily taxed, the cost effective nature of marijuana becomes moot.

Should anyone successfully prove the medicinal benefits to this plant, I can assure you that in order to protect campaign donations from Pharma companies, the price for this weed will far exceed the cost for medications already on the market.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

"Should anyone successfully prove the medicinal benefits to this plant,"

You are kidding right ?

You can't possibly believe that thousands of Cancer patients are faking it ?

The medicinal benefits of this plant are only beginning to be explored...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

The original poster can't help what other people come here and say, just get rid of comments you think violate the rules of ATS, keep the thread itself open there is nothing wrong with this discussion

I could agree more...and just really quickly I would like to point out (it's really not a secret) that a large percent of the population either uses, or has used marijuana, despite the laws against it. It is difficult to have an opinion on something like this without bias if a person is ignorant to what marijuana is.

For example: A person's parent may think that marijuana and coc aine are both evil, bad, addictive, and fatal drugs. In reality though, marijuana does not belong anywhere close to coc aine, aside from it is illegal to some users, and in some states.

This is the same ignorance that helps to keep this drug, with all of it's awesome benefits for a variety of illnesses, illegal still today...imagine that...talk about a conspiracy!

I understand the T & C 's do not allow for some of the discussion to take place, but I am in agreement with not letting a few bad apples spoil the lot, and keeping the thread open.

Thanks
edit on 11-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
I seem to remember the days when the state of Arizona introduced the marijuana tax stamp...I thought for sure when the feds saw the potential for money in it's legalization, that it would almost have overnight turned into a substance as legal as alcohol.

Truth is though, I think there is a lot more money in keeping it illegal, and like it was pointed out above this post...what about the billion dollar industry of pharmaceuticals? Money is behind everything legal and illegal...dollar bills and deep pockets keep marijuana right where it is today on the law books.

Too bad though, aside from cancer, the psychological benefits are wonderful...or so I hear.

You hit the nail on the head! while many think there is much money to make from taxing and distributing marijuana, and it would be in the billions, there is much more money to be lost. The pharmaceutical companies, the paper and pulp industry, tobacco and alcohol would take a hit and also the oil companies could be effected if hemp is made into a renewable fuel source. Not to mention that most people in jail are there because of drugs, mainly pot. So there is tonnes of people who would be providing free labour that would not be there if pot was legal. And then there is court fees and fines as well.

But to me the biggest reason is big pharma. It would have disastrous consequences if it became legal. Pretty much every little pill they givie you, with so many side affects, pot could do a much better job and it costs you nothing because it's so easy to cultivate.They basically keep you sick. They target the symptoms instead of the cause. I won't go into the medical benefits of marijuana because this post would be a page long.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There arent enough of these threads on ats ...
Or maybe theyre just not very visible, due to all the many threads about flying saucers whizzing about on peoples photoshop pics ...

I found this documentary interesting .. as to the history of the illegal status of hemp ...
I understand some of you may already be aware of this .. for the ones who aren't ...

Also .... I have only just started reading this ... Global Commission on Drug Policy Report

The link was kindly posted by Erongaricuaro, in his in-directly related thread

Thanks for starting another one of these threads ... The huge ignorance by the masses as to the Godly benefits of this plant (thanks to the powers that be), is infuriating ...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Thanks for the link! Lots of useful info.

I have heard that another quality of this plant is that an acre of cannabis has the oxygen output of 4 acres of rainforest.

Also, could represent a very real threat to oil market monopoly.

Hemp offers a valuable and sustainable fuel of the future, "growing oil wells". Hemp has an output equivalent to around 1000 gallons of methanol per acre year (10 tons Biomass/acre, each yielding 100 gal. methanol/ton). Methanol used today is mainly made from natural gas, a fossil fuel. Methanol is currently (1938) being studied as a primary fuel for automobiles.

suitsusall.org...

It is my belief that governments need the liquidity of a strong black market to keep currency in circulation, particularly in times of financial uncertainty

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

You hit the nail on the head! while many think there is much money to make from taxing and distributing marijuana, and it would be in the billions, there is much more money to be lost.

What is really amazing to me is the fact that so many people cannot grasp that very thing. The lies that are spread about marijuana are right up there next to the Obama administration (is it taboo to say that?).

Nothing changes if nothing changes and thankfully there are organizations like NORML out there lobbying for what is the truth about marijuana.

<<   2 >>

join