It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holographics and other Top Secret Military Weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I found this information on holographic technology mind boggling ,and wondered if the military s with the technology have ever used it. Made me wonder about some of the apparitions of the virgin mary over the last 50 years ,especially from Yugoslavia, and if indeed they could be just a ruse.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The link below is to a page on the same sight with tons of fascinating info on all kinds of high tech stuff I never even knew existed..until this last couple years..and I'm sure that info is already outdated to some degree.

There is so much stuff..you could read for hours. I'm sure some of this has been posted on ..but just really wanted to drop some links that had an incredible amount of info for those of you who might be interested in such,and were unaware of this info online.

The one below is electromagnetic technology to be used for producing earthquakes.

edit on 11-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

This stuff makes me think about HAARP, Project Blue Beam, and MK Ultra. Its interesting to note that holographics are becoming more prevalent in the formats of technology quickly approaching...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I am sure, behind closed doors, there is stuff 50-100 years out there tech wise. Nano-everything I am sure. I mean, when you have the reasonable capability to do God-like things, who really believes that the top 0.1 percent of the world won't seek it out at every expense?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
seems the things we have today were secret 45 years ago..which means the tecknolegy our government holds secret today we should see as new products in about 45 years ufos are real..we build them..lol

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I found this information on holographic technology mind boggling ,and wondered if the military s with the technology have ever used it.

Well, since you posted in S/T instead of General Conspiracy or Skunk Works, let me be the first to welcome you with the notion that the site you're linking to is bollocks.

Maybe what's boggling you is the illogic you're reading. BTW, none of what they're talking about is holography in the 3D image sense in the way a physicist would use the term. At least not for the most part. They're collating a lot of non-sequitur or somewhat unrelated info, mixed in with a lot of old CT blather. Like "Project Bluebeam" et al.

BTW, not every volumetric image is a hologram, despite the misuse of the term by ad copy men.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Well perhaps a mod can move to the appropriate forum.... so sorry to offend you and your great scientific knowledge.

Whether you think its all bogus or not, its a great site in my opinion. I don't buy into everything I read on it....but it is the biggest library of information for all things conspiracy involved that I have ever seen.

Most of that info on military technology has to have some truth to it....and there are others who have a different opinion than you.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
seems the things we have today were secret 45 years ago..which means the tecknolegy our government holds secret today we should see as new products in about 45 years ufos are real..we build them..lol

No doubt there is technology that is being hidden from us ,that would blow our minds away, some of it being the very solution for a lot of our problems with transportation,and renewable energy sources.

No..they don't let things out till have they figured out how to reap the benefits to the max...whether it be covertly in wars ,or covertly in manipulation of our societies, as well as reaping the highest profit from it.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the government had a whole star fleet of crafts we'd be shocked at seeing.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
You post nonsense, from a nonsense source, and then change your discussion topic to how amazing technologies must exist, without any real evidence, because of erroneous information like what you are touting around.

Let's be clear. It is a fact that there is technology that you have never seen before in the hands of the US Government. How advanced is mere conjecture, and really steals credibility from the real topics.

How about this ?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This is a link to a story speaking about surveillance blimps in the US. They used to be solely in Iraq and Afghanistan, but have been used inside US Borders for years.

These are huge when it comes to surveillance, because you are talking high-resolution, full color, crystal clear pictures being taken of every single person at an event.

Now that's something that's really creepy.

See how credible sources can stimulate discussion?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
You post nonsense, from a nonsense source, and then change your discussion topic to how amazing technologies must exist, without any real evidence, because of erroneous information like what you are touting around.

Let's be clear. It is a fact that there is technology that you have never seen before in the hands of the US Government. How advanced is mere conjecture, and really steals credibility from the real topics.

How about this ?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This is a link to a story speaking about surveillance blimps in the US. They used to be solely in Iraq and Afghanistan, but have been used inside US Borders for years.

These are huge when it comes to surveillance, because you are talking high-resolution, full color, crystal clear pictures being taken of every single person at an event.

and who are you??? some expert?? I think not..and I think my sources are credible enough..there's A LOT of info on the pages I linked..did you even read any of it??

As far as the surveillance blimps, I'm sure they even talk about surveillance technology on some of the page links on the links in my post. There is much higher surveillance than the blimps..and they have satellite surveillance as far as I know to anywhere on this earth..with high resolution.

Surveillance isn't so creepy, unless you're trying to intimidate people with it,and just be a creepy stalker type for the sheer joy of watching. ( I usually give a nice middle finger to the types who do it for no good purpose but to spy, for their own personal creepy reasons.)

WTF is that supposed to mean? You're telling me your credible with some blimp stuff, when the technology that is really happening is far beyond that blimp surveillance.

(good grief ,there are way too many know it all losers who try and bully and intimidate people with any information they might post.)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

It's not bullying nor intimidation, I can't help suggesting you get yourself some thicker skin as nobody has attacked you personally or anything of the sort; merely presented an argument and supplied additional sources to back it up. This is the bread and butter of ATS.

I didn't see the poster you engaged in discussion over "an angel walks amongst us" resort to calling foul thanks to bullying and intimidation, so why did you do that here?

The site you linked to in your OP is quite well-known for it's inaccuracies, it would be good to keep in mind the motto deny ignorance whilst reading.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

It's not bullying nor intimidation, I can't help suggesting you get yourself some thicker skin as nobody has attacked you personally or anything of the sort; merely presented an argument and supplied additional sources to back it up. This is the bread and butter of ATS.

I didn't see the poster you engaged in discussion over "an angel walks amongst us" resort to calling foul thanks to bullying and intimidation, so why did you do that here?

The site you linked to in your OP is quite well-known for it's inaccuracies, it would be good to keep in mind the motto deny ignorance whilst reading.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)

I'll take that advice...(is letting skin thicken) ....and honestly ,some of them do feel like attacks and intimidation, and seem to just want to discredit any sources of information I put out there. I'm not saying its 100% true, but there is a lot of info,on many different subjects ,within the conspiracy issues , in those links I posted.

As far as "well known" for its inaccuracies..who is that well known knowledge held by?.are they reliable?

Seems to me anyone in the "real know" these days about certain truths isn't willing to share it...or can't to some degree...or is trying to stop it from being shared.

Anyhow...I can feel my skin thickening...its all good. ..(omg ..I think I'm growing scales
)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Well perhaps a mod can move to the appropriate forum.... so sorry to offend you and your great scientific knowledge.

No offense - but over in, say, paranormal, one can say "I was visited by aliens from the fifth density and they passed on data from my Indian animal spirit guide" with total conviction, and the general response would be something like "Was he from the tachyonic plane of vibrations, or the ethereal plane of pure essences?". OTOH, S/T generally has a bit more "are you joking?" to it, and the cites and statements end up picked at a bit more. And a first glance at that site seems to put it somewhere under, say, "Educate Yourself" in terms of pure bollicity.

Whether you think its all bogus or not, its a great site in my opinion. I don't buy into everything I read on it....but it is the biggest library of information for all things conspiracy involved that I have ever seen.

If you're into quantity over quality, Educate Yourself likely has more, and it's even more Fortean and less actual science. Better still might be a site that actually discusses real technology in a way that relates the bits together but all the good ones are pay, sadly, like Janes or AvWeek.

Most of that info on military technology has to have some truth to it....and there are others who have a different opinion than you.

Well, it really doesn't have to have any truth to it, I suppose, although it looks like he's linked a few things that are 'real', just not in any logical order in some cases. At any rate, having a different opinion in S/T is GOOD! That's what drives the discussion on most of the threads.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

No doubt there is technology that is being hidden from us ,that would blow our minds away, some of it being the very solution for a lot of our problems with transportation,and renewable energy sources.

Good start - how would you go about building a case for such a thing? Cites for projects in nascent form that started developing then vanished off the radar might be good.

At any rate, I agree with you, there is always technology you don't hear about, most of it either tough to see how it relates or seemingly mundane, but some of it is pretty fun. Some of the fun ones are sort of energy sources or transport related, if indirectly. A lot of it is just eggheaded poop only an ubergeek would care about, like discoveries regarding the behavior of Fermi gases and the like. What you have to ask yourself is, why is the military pouring money into studying Fermi gases?, then follow that trail around. That sort of research is more mentally taxing and less entertaining than speculating about aliens at Wright Pat though.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the government had a whole star fleet of crafts we'd be shocked at seeing.

Of course we do. It's a Navy-AF joint mission. No one believes it, though.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

Well, if you want to take that to the next level, a discussion of why satellites can't actually "read license plates" or "see what the date is on that coin in the guy's hand", leading into "thus are blimps a good intermediate step to getting better resolution", then "what sort of other things can you do from orbit that generate non-optical images - like how the Lacrosse satellite constellation works", and "what is the next step from Lacrosse that's going live soon", then "what are NRO/NGIA working on that's a '50 year technological geek leap' past optical sats" would be kickass. But it's all mathematical and sciency and it bores people, even when you tie in HAARP and whatnot.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Seems to me anyone in the "real know" these days about certain truths isn't willing to share it...or can't to some degree...or is trying to stop it from being shared.

Anyhow...I can feel my skin thickening...its all good. ..(omg ..I think I'm growing scales
)

Hey, you'd be surprised. There are a number of physicists on ATS (real ones), and guys like me that work "in the business" you're discussing that are not PhD's yet (may never be - I can't take the time from work to finish my doctorate unless I win the lottery). There's some Foggy Bottom boys here I've met in Real Life, at one time there was an Agency guy and there are two guys that write for industry pubs when they're not writing books on aerospace, one works for Janes and another who doesn't want me outing him so I won't name the periodical. A smattering of people come and go from NASA.

People from the military weapon development realm pop in here from time to time as lurkers, too, so you never know who's answering your speculations, except by the quality of the info.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks for the information to other links , I realize that biblitecepleyades is not valid source for some, because of its extensive information on aliens and other topics , but it seems like one of the few, that has so much on a variety of topics, and it is why I continue to visit it.

I'm happy to here that there are real scientists ,and people who have worked for the military in different capacities that are willing to share what they know.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Along the line of your OP, you can't really do a free-air hologram like you see in Star Wars and Star Trek. There are a number of screenless 2D displays that write on fog or mist (I think your link points to some of those and calls them holograms - they're not). There are other 2D displays that use semi-transparent film like Eyeliner from Musion, their ad copy writers call it "3D" and "holographic", it's neither. That's what you see used for such things as that "Gorillaz" show. Those tend to fall in the category of "Pepper's Ghost" projections. Basically, it's specially textured Saran Wrap that's anchored to the stage at the bottom and to a truss at the top, and there's a hidden DLP projector that's projecting an image onto it.

If you challenge them on it, they'll tell you "it's 3D because a real actor can walk around between the sheets of eyeliner and it looks like there's depth, so it's 3D", and holographic "because that word no longer means anything, so we can call any projection a holograph".

That seems to be the view of most companies that sell screenless displays - the term "hologram" can mean whatever they want it to mean, so they're going to use it any way they like. Great, but it causes problems with MY clients when they want *actual* holograms to do these things, and you have to tell them "unless you've got a helicopter towing around a big sheet of Saran Wrap, you're not going to be able to do this".

Pretty much every military service branch has farted around with this, you used to see endless RFQs for free air holographic systems that could project volumetric images in any weather with back surface obscuration etc. Heck, we even solicited work on this sort of thing at one point. Way back just after the end of my military service there was a company I won't name that spent a wad of your taxpayer dollars to that end and ended up with bupkis, except they got the audio part of it to work, and actually fielded two copies of an apparatus that could, rather dramatically, project a somewhat distorted voice to a point a few hundred meters away, accompanied by some fairly odd but attention-getting visual side effects. It was ready to go but was shelved at the last minute.

At any rate, I have seen something at one of those trade shows the public isn't allowed to attend some years back that I imagine you'd think of as holographic, although it technically wasn't, that COULD, with a lot of limits, project a free-air image, no film, no mist. It wasn't practical, but it was pretty cool from a geeky point of view. It could manage back surface obscuration but not opacity, and it was limited to the area of the apparatus, so you couldn't project it at a distance. But it was about as close to a "star wars hologram" as I've seen.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So basically what you are saying, is that the hologram technology is not that far advanced, and most likely could not be used to produce alleged apparitions, like the ones in Medjugorje ,Yugoslavia by the virgin Mary ?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Wasn't aware of that one - I don't keep up with that sort of thing.

In a word, no.

If I was trying to rig that sort of thing, I might be able to do it with a classic Pepper's Ghost setup, if I could control the 'stage' and lighting. In the same way, you might be able to do a real-image hologram if you had a piece of imaged film larger than the apparition and if you didn't mind the thing being monocolor from the laser. In that case, you could make the "virgin Mary" appear to be standing in front of the film.

But in the open, without a stage or some sort of rigged backdrop, it would be tough.

Looked around at YT for this - don't see any video of the "apparition" - is it supposedly objective or one of those spiritual things? And does it generally occur in darkness, so you could hide some of the props?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

here's a link to the wiki page on it.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the 80's ,being a practicing catholic, I was very interested in the messages that the mother of jesus was bringing to the world through these 6 children. It has been the longest running apparitions in the history of the church,but it is still now not accepted by the church. (most apparitions of mary appearing to children weren't accepted till 100 years later,and children were thrown into prison by their Bishops back in the old day ,for even insinuating to such things)

In her pleading for these children and others to pray for the conversion of souls , she mentioned much about how there would be great weather catastrophes like we have not seen before, in the coming century..(she said this in the 80's and 90's)

They have film and audio of the apparitions to the six children,and its odd how they all drop to their knees exact same second,and look directly at the same spot. They can hear her,and ask her questions,but others could not hear. These children are grown up now.

Here's a link below to another site,which has some of the history of the apparitions on the left , what was said in the messages. Apparently she still gives messages once a week.

When I read about the hologram technology years later,it made me wonder if perhaps this was used for the purpose..but you seem to be saying it would be impossible.

www.medjugorje.net...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join