It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple message to anyone out there who feels threatened by all of the self-congratulary fear monge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Look. It's this simple. However how you feel now, whether it's angry as hell, confused as buggery or happy as larry about the state of this unbrave aggressive new world we find ourselves in now (yes, it is here and it is now), I, me, literally me as a person have one simple rule with the rest of you. Look after my family, and I'll look after yours. Respect my family, and I'll respect yours.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
respect ftw!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Terric

Agreed. It's too bad such a simple concept has been lost amongst years of selfishness and looking to progress one's own interests and nothing else. Such things as sense of community and respect for your neighbors are stories from the past. Too bad we're not neighbors... (I know you aren't one because most of mine refuse to look at me besides look out for me!)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeyBones

And you. I don't know though, some of my current neighbours I used to cast a very suspiscious eye over for quite some time. Until I met them in my local, had a few pints and just talked to them we both found something in common I suppose. Made a big difference to how I feel about where I live.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Terric

I have long believed what I heard long ago.
If we do not stand together, we shall surely fall apart.
Community for the win.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'll look after you all. If I have enough funds, I'm going to do something that changes humanity for the better. Trust me on this.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

How much do you need to make this happen?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
We are taught by the media/news to view EVERYTHING as a potential threat to our children,families,homes, jobs,planet-the list goes on.
So, we view everything , things that were once a source of help , comfort & support, as a possible/potential threat.
-our neighbors, a stranger offering help when you are in distress, the message we are continually shown is trust NO-ONE because you just can't be sure.
This has served to alienate us from not only the minority of bad, but also, the majority of good, kind, wonderful people. Many whom have 'forgotten' these tendencies because of these THREATS.
Acts of kindness, patience,trust & understanding by each of us every day, is the only way to unite again as a strong ,safe ,happy civilization.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

More than I could get through donations. To be honest, I have to work for these funds myself, so I understand the grit and struggle. I need to make sure that it simply isn't dumped on me, because I don't think I'd appreciate the severity of the situation if that was the case. I need a lot, but I'm going to make a lot. I don't know how, but I'm planning, thinking, and watching.

top topics

join