It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know - some of you make it so hard to actually come here and POST stuff... yes, seriously

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Some of you guys are so skeptical that if I was a real illuminati I wouldn't come here just because you skeptics dismiss everything that isn't exactly what YOU believe is true. It's like 35% of the people joined the site just to bash everyone that says or believes in something that isn't 100% to their liking and knowledge.

Has soon has someone says a word about Zeta Reticuli, reptilians, Obama or let's say the tooth fairy, you guys say stupid posts like : "Oh I stopped reading when he said : Bla bla bla"

Wow, then stars for you, you are limiting yourself and not taking in account all the information before making a judgment, join the ignorance group.

Some come here just to share opinions or a rant without proof and then, some feel like they have to debunk where there is nothing positive about debunking.

Next time there is a dude that says he is with an underground movement or another, just shut up if you don't believe and go to the next post. You skeptics act all smart and bitchy when some others just want to read and judge for themselves. Stop it with your negative views and thinking you know everything.

If you think you are smarter then everyone and that you don't believe in something then, fine good for you, no need to judge everyone else that just want to know more.
edit on 10-6-2011 by User8911 because: (no

Originally posted by User8911

Who wouldn't have to see an alternate opinion is close minded and I don't want my OP to sound has if I was close minded to the opinion of skeptics. Because I really ain't, I am a skeptic myself in a lot of things, way too much for my own good actually. I have gotten a lot of problems being skeptic in real life, I wonder if most skeptic on forums are like that in real life.
reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
well..you have to keep in mind...some people are here for years and many storys are postet here a thousend times...some are proven hoaxes...some are just discussed to death..

and for a "newer" member its hard to understand how horrible it is to read the same storys on and on..

sure there some trolls who just cant wait to dump on you cause they angry people ...but calm down and post on.
But dont be to exited...just make a search before you post and do a little bit of investigation on your own...
edit on 10-6-2011 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by angrydog because: im german :S

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
welcome to the big boys playground.
you wont stop people who dont agree with you posting to a thread , and in the same vein that you say dont bother posting, you could also say to yourself "i just wont bother answering the detractors."
turn the other cheek.
that said, just because some one disagrees , dosnt mean they have not considered the information provided, but may just have a different outlook and interpret the data differently.
We all have our views, that fact that disagree with yours shouldnt make you angry or disapointed, but rather help you also deny ignorance by questioning their view in open debate.
peace.

edit on 10-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: typos and spelling.. the matrix made me do it..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

or we could just blindly believe any idiot who comes here and tells us all about how he communicates telepathically with his brothers from Zeta Reticuli! After all, none of that sounds far fetched. And there is little to no chance that some 12 year old zit faced kid in mommies basement came up with that story! We should be ashamed of ourselves.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

A big thread on the same topic was posted yesterday mate.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There have been about 3 times, that I can remember since I've been a member, that I was very interested in what someone who claimed to be an insider was posting on ATS. All 3 times, that member was forced to leave ATS because of the horrendous way they were treated here. I am convinced that no real insider has a chance of "outting" anything here.

If I were to ever become a whistleblower or have inside knowledge, I know I would never expose it here.

Example from above, note the use of the word "idiot"

Originally posted by network dude

or we could just blindly believe any idiot who comes here ...

It's a shame that people can't be polite in their disbelief.

edit on 10/6/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I wasn't referring to any of my posts, actually I was thinking a lot about the post of that presumed Illuminati Msaint.

Hey, of course it's hard to believe he is real or anything, but I read on what he said. Of course I have made my own ideas about it, but some had to really ruin the guy and his "facts".

Post like : "Has soon has I saw Zeta Reticuli, I stop there."

This dude gets stars for that, seriously, that's embracing ignorance.

I think it's great to have different opinions and they are needed, but the way people bring their opinions is often insulting to others. I'm not perfect and my ideas are usually lawful good but it's 100% normal that some have different ideas.

Also, I always was someone to look at all sides before making a choice or have an opinion. It could be my Libra side but this is what goes on in my head constantly. It weight everything, constantly.

Maybe it's because it's summer time, but the level of maturity is really low in most posts I see. It didn't seem like that the first 2-3 weeks I was here.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

or we could just blindly believe any idiot who comes here and tells us all about how he communicates telepathically with his brothers from Zeta Reticuli! After all, none of that sounds far fetched.

No no, not blindly believing.
But taking in account that this information exists and have an opinion. Then sharing that opinion in a civilized way, not by harassment or insults.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
There have been about 3 times, that I can remember since I've been a member, that I was very interested in what someone who claimed to be an insider was posting on ATS. All 3 times, that member was forced to leave ATS because of the horrendous way they were treated here. I am convinced that no real insider has a chance of "outting" anything here.

If I were to ever become a whistleblower or have inside knowledge, I know I would never expose it here.

Example from above, note the use of the word "idiot"

or we could just blindly believe any idiot who comes here ...

It's a shame that people can't be polite in their disbelief.

edit on 10/6/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

Exaaaactly. Why did he use the word idiot anyway?

It's words like this that limits ATS from getting real insider information.
edit on 10-6-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
While I tend to agree with some of what you are complaining about, some of it just seems closed minded also...for example:

Has soon has someone says a word about Zeta Reticuli, reptilians, Obama or let's say the tooth fairy, you guys say stupid posts like : "Oh I stopped reading when he said : Bla bla bla"

I for one do not need to read much beyond what I know to be nonfactual. If a person starts a thread on the tooth fairy visiting him/her but is unwilling to provide an actual account of his/her story then it is a statement of opinion and I don't want to investigate it any further. If I am expected to just believe the story without any substance then I guess that would leave me open to believing everything on ATS right?

You skeptics act all smart and bitchy when some others just want to read and judge for themselves. Stop it with your negative views and thinking you know everything.

If I know something to be false, or if I think that something might be incorrect and I am skeptical about it then am I stopping you from judging for yourself, or am I providing another way to view the subject matter? In my opinion proposing an alternative view is not being bitchy or negative, nor is it an attempt to know everything...it is simply just adding my two cents to the subject...and to be honest...it can be just as easily ignored...thats the beauty of an open forum...you can ignore what you don't like too.

I am not disagreeing with you that ATS has gone down hill in the past few months and that the threads are starting to fill with a lot of b.s., but with a little discernment and skepticism of your own, you can navigate your way around what is worth reading and what is a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

if you go back and read that thread, he wasn't being abused, he was being questioned. Nobody called him an idiot. I used that term to define the trolls that frequent this site. He got scared and ran away because everyone didn't immediately believe his incredible story. After years of reading these kind of accounts, it becomes easier and easier to spot the attention seekers. But give them enough rope to hang themselves and they will.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

I for one do not need to read much beyond what I know to be nonfactual.

...it is simply just adding my two cents to the subject...and to be honest...it can be just as easily ignored...thats the beauty of an open forum...you can ignore what you don't like too.

I did an edit like if I was MSM

And it makes you sound close minded haha :p
Ignoring is fine, but some feel like they must share that limiting themselves is cool, reminds me of high school where it was "cool" to not wanting to learn something.

There are plenty of ways to bring an opinion too. Posting an alternate view in a positive way is always possible and this is what makes a great post. You are 100% right on that.

Who wouldn't have to see an alternate opinion is close minded and I don't want my OP to sound has if I was close minded to the opinion of skeptics. Because I really ain't, I am a skeptic myself in a lot of things, way too much for my own good actually. I have gotten a lot of problems being skeptic in real life, I wonder if most skeptic on forums are like that in real life.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
Ignoring is fine, but some feel like they must share that limiting themselves is cool, reminds me of high school where it was "cool" to not wanting to learn something.

This is what's happening here. There are certain attitudes, and phrases that go along with them, that people think are cool. It really is like something from high school.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Exactly my point...ignoring is "cool"...and it's just another way to show possibly your maturity over someone else's.

I don't remember not wanting to learn something to be "cool" when I was in high school (actually I don't ever remember that being "cool" in elementary, high school, or college) but maybe that is a social aspect of "hanging" in certain social circles...apparently I was not in that particular one.

As far as editing like MSN...well I guess that is what I did...although I think I just used a bit here and there that was pertinent to what I was choosing to discuss about the topic once again. Hmmm...is that also rude?

I see this is an on going thing around ATS now days! Post or Read?
edit on 10-6-2011 by jerryznv because: add link to similar thread...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If you believe anything and post it, then you will get knocked. What do you expect?
Across the general run of reasonably minded ATS members some topics are beyond acceptance.

Why would they be rejected out of hand you wonder? Take for example one of your examples of topics that do not fare well on ATS: "reptilians."

I believe in UFOs and ETs because I've had experiences first hand. Do I believe in reptilians? No, absolutely not. Why not? Because I know of absolutely no credible evidence that they exist to the extent ballyhooed to incredible extremes by some voices. These people have invented a carefully crafted industry for themselves that they promote around the world. They are charismatic, flamboyant, energetic,and most inventive.

The trouble is, they lack any acceptable evidence. None. So what they do, is to weave together a story that concerns many of the problems and goings on in the world today, the NWO, depopulation, etc. By their logic, if you know about or relate to what they drag into their reptilian argument, you come away with an understanding, "Yes, that must be the answer because this guy has done his homework and through his eyes I can now see the master plan."

Basically, it is a reversed religion ploy used on the gathered flock of innocents wanting to believe in something.... And if you wanted to suggest someone of being the fear-mongering anti-christ, that term can apply.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Some of you guys are so skeptical that if I was a real illuminati I wouldn't come here just because you skeptics dismiss everything that isn't exactly what YOU believe is true. It's like 35% of the people joined the site just to bash everyone that says or believes in something that isn't 100% to their liking and knowledge.

So true. Lately I've gone onto threads and started to try to read them, and find post after post of people bashing, and being generally combative, seemingly just to see themselves put someone down. It turns into page after page of bashing.

I've even seen threads where a couple of people get into a really stupid argument about something, and they get so combative that they don't even realize that they're arguing the same point, and in reality they're actually agreeing, but the argument goes on for pages.

It's becoming a huge turn off.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If you make an outrageous claim, you have to expect that people are going to demand some evidence for it, and that many will doubt it without said evidence.

In the example the other day, none of the claims (even the alleged website as I recall) could be verified in any way, so of course it's going to be highly suspect. I could be wrong on the site, as I didn't read every single page, but that was the gist of what I saw.

Unless you have evidence though, you're really not "outing" anything. You're simply one more crazy claim in the vast wilderness of CTs.... So, if the membership "scares off" those without evidence...I can't really shed too many tears.

As there is another current thread with almost the same title, closing this one.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join