It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Destruction of Human History....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It gives me pause/nausea,to think what they destroyed in Babylon, when they scavenged through the antiquities and stole all the gold and pictograms, never had a chance of being in a museum in it's rightful place to share with the world.
They consume like they are entitled to our history it's downright a crime to us all, For they covet. If one of the explorers/archeologist made the find they would be held to the fire, never able to touch it, until it was reported, soon after to disappear forever from the civilized presence.
We have heard of the exploration, when they found Atlantis/aka Bimini by Cuba. They hired divers to retrieve all they could from the underwater find from Atlantis, who is known to have lived all over the globe, not just localized.
Can you imagine the gross amount of treasures in a people who had vast knowledge which came to their own destruction because they were too greedy like today ever increasing their power, bigger and bigger, so history repeats itself.
We have found that when there was more oxygen in the atmosphere people,animals, and vegetation was much larger than today. Now they study nanotechnology, maybe they perceive us as shrinking to oblivia Will we learn by our mistakes? Not these ships of seas, they can't see the forest for the trees and selfish desires.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

and The Destruction of Human History....
continues
any old excuse will do

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

and the destruction continues
you are correct in pointing out the prevalence of book burnings by the chinese
but you might want elaborate more on that and to be more objective

as i notice many others using past and present cultural destruction [i.e.Tibet]
as an excuse to give xtianity a pass

completely ignoring that Christendom [the west], to date has been the most successful is still a very active player in the history destruction and rewriting business via it's various secret priesthoods such as the "intelligence" agencies and the mainstream media [which was recently caught faking a massacre in syria using photos from iraq, to give an example]

or let's use the slanting of the seeming discovery of alleged Caucasian individuals in pre colombian america
to claim that "the red man is an invader/johnny come lately" [thus attempting to justify the conquest and near extermination of the natives and counter accusations of theft of the land]

we see this in egyptology with the foaming at the mouth when any kind of hint that the ancient egyptians were not the creators of the sphinx or were not the creators of the giza complex [never mind that the AE's were notorius re-writters of history;take the almost succesful attempt to erase akenaten's existence as example] or look at all the hassle involved in getting a gene sample from tutankhamen [which showed he had aryan ancestry]

those claiming it's ordinary folk who are responsible
are ignoring the fact that they are conditioned since birth to do so

that said one wonders how much history is tossed into the trash
in the form of letters,diaries,family photo-albums etc.

it is easy to fabricate texts and documents out of nothing. […] Falsification and
counterfeiting are as old as the hills, and history, which abhors chronological
vacuums, sometimes had to call [counterfeiters] to the rescue.213
Fulcanelli, Dwellings, pp. 25, 26.

oh and a star and flag

edit on 19-6-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: hows the book coming along.slayer?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The Library of Baghdad was also destroyed. Geez, ancient people, would you stop tossing all of your valuable knowledge into rivers?
Who knows what information we could have had that we needed centuries to rediscover again.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
The Library of Baghdad was also destroyed. Geez, ancient people, would you stop tossing all of your valuable knowledge into rivers?
Who knows what information we could have had that we needed centuries to rediscover again.

That one you cannot blame on the people there - well actually you can-in a way. It-and the entire city and its inhabitants were destroyed by the Mongols after the leader in Baghdad insulted the envoys who had come demanding his submission.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

That one you cannot blame on the people there - well actually you can-in a way. It-and the entire city and its inhabitants were destroyed by the Mongols after the leader in Baghdad insulted the envoys who had come demanding his submission.

Rather a strong insult though, wasn't it? From what i recall, didn't the Governor send the Mongol envoys heads back in a bag? That has to rank as one of the worst political decisions in the history of humanity!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by Hanslune

Rather a strong insult though, wasn't it? From what i recall, didn't the Governor send the Mongol envoys heads back in a bag? That has to rank as one of the worst political decisions in the history of humanity!

Stories differ from doing as you noted to just insulting! The worse political decision in the world? Hmmmm, I'd say the one of Chinese Emperor rejecting the outside world, destroying his fleets and going into isolation, the Roman decision to not continue expanding the empire and to hire soldiers from the barbarian tribes beyond the empire. Other bad decisions, the French decision to invade Mexico in the 1860's....but we digress

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

-------------------------Thread update-------------------------

Just thought I'd pop in and drop this link.
If true it's a sad day and history is repeating itself AGAIN

Calls by Islamists to Destroy Egyptian Pyramids Begin

Accordingly, while many Egyptians—Muslims and non-Muslims alike—see themselves as Egyptians, Islamists have no national identity, identifying only with Islam’s “culture,” based on the “sunna” of the prophet and Islam’s language, Arabic.

This sentiment was clearly reflected when the former Leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, Muhammad Akef, declared “the hell with Egypt,” indicating that the interests of his country are secondary to Islam’s. It is further telling that such calls are being made now—immediately after a Muslim Brotherhood member became Egypt’s president. In fact, the same reports discussing the call to demolish the last of the Seven Wonders of the Word, also note that Egyptian Salafis are calling on Morsi to banish all Shias and Baha’is from Egypt.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Just thought I'd pop in and drop this link.
If true it's a sad day and history is repeating itself AGAIN
Calls by Islamists to Destroy Egyptian Pyramids Begin

This stuff all seems to be emanating from David Horowitz...a severe islamophobe who successfully made the transition from left-wing nut bar to right-wing nutbar. Sorta like Dennis Miller, but even more unfunny.

Let's hope it's:
a) propaganda
b) ineffective as such.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Yeah its the old gambit of taking the ramblings of an extreme part of Islam and applying it to the whole.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Every time I see the Sphinx I wonder why they haven't built a glass case around it to stop the wind and sand wearing it down to a bunch of non-descript stones. I onder how much of it gets worn down every time there is a sand storm. Remember, modern people dug it out of the sand, it was protected by the sand from this sort of attack in the past.
edit on 25/7/2012 by Lucas73 because: just because. lol

edit on 25/7/2012 by Lucas73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucas73
Every time I see the Sphinx I wonder why they haven't built a glass case around it to stop the wind and sand wearing it down to a bunch of non-descript stones. I onder how much of it gets worn down every time there is a sand storm. Remember, modern people dug it out of the sand, it was protected by the sand from this sort of attack in the past.
edit on 25/7/2012 by Lucas73 because: just because. lol

edit on 25/7/2012 by Lucas73 because: (no reason given)

Yes that has been a matter of discussion for some time, this article from the 1990s.

Enclosing the Sphinx
edit on 25/7/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I'd like to add the stones covering the Great Pyramid at Giza being stripped off and used for Cairo building projects is a HUGE travesty HUGE...

Not to mention where is the capstone (if it existed)?

Yup. They say when the pyramid was done and with its cap of gold and smooth mirror finish. I bet you could have seen it for miles or tens of miles.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There's sort of a Luddite ethic in play.

As well as...
Fear of the Unknown

Iconoclasm

etc...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Not worth keeping an eye on?
Long time no see BTW. Hope all is well.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Not worth keeping an eye on?
Long time no see BTW. Hope all is well.
Certainly worth keeping an eye on, but one can't ignore other agendas at play. One politics are inserted, ethical commentary goes out the window pretty fast.

And all is well. I commend you on the quality of your threads. You'll note that I don't get too involved for a number of reasons:
1) My frame of knowledge is pretty much North-East Woodland, unless we are talking general archaeology. One of my best Christmas presents was a 1952 publication called "Iroquois Pottery Types". I am able to work locally, so that's where my attention goes.

2) Unlike far-too-many on this site, I don't pipe up unless I have some immediate experience on the subject. There are others on the site who are far-better versed in Old World and Meso-American archaeology, so I am content to let them do their thing.

3) I have given up on dealing with 'true believers'. My former signature line read “Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.” So true!

Again, I applaud the threads that you have presented for the research and consideration you give to the topics at hand. I follow them, and respond with S&F. Keep up the good work, and thanks for askin'.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And to add to the long, sad list, there are tales of construction companies dozing strange ruins before the nosey archeologists get wind and stop construction (and the cash flow) for an indefinite period... the ones I heard about were in the Texas/Oklahoma area but there are probably many more worldwide.

Sometimes fellow humans seem like another species... homo incurious semi-sapiens.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Its a shame our DNA cannot speak so to speak...

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join