It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know - some of you make it so hard to actually come here and read stuff... no, seriously

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
on a lighter note, in aggreeance with this thread i think that , yes since it is the internet and open to anyone to post here, there are alot of young people wanting attention or older people with no life posting lies just for the heck of posting lies

honestly, you give them the attention they want with millions of posts declaring them to be trolls, etc.

one of these days someone who really DID contact 'the illuminati' or 'got inside a mason meeting' will come here because it is the internet open to anyone and they will have something to say, yet at ATS you all have been trained to team up and douse their flame before they even get a chance to say anything

if you think a thread is a waste of space on the internet, do what i do! TREAT IT AS SUCH AND DONT POST THERE, sorry if i sounded somewhat confrontational but i am only trying to help

however i don't think we should be trained or beleive it neccessary to fill up every unlikely post the way it happens here so often
edit on 6/9/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I understand your frustration (really I do) but two points spring to mind;

#1 You do realize that you are not obliged to read any thread that does not interest you don't you (?) and that if you accidently click onto a thread that upsets you it is not against T&C's to move away from it.

#2 Just a thought but maybe ATS is not the place for you !

Instead of whining about things that aren't going to change anytime soon, why don't you make a thread about something you DO have an interest in ... something that other members would enjoy getting positively involved in ... something that might improve the intellect of the poor saps who seem to upset you so much ... something that would improve the overall content on ATS.

If you do, for goodness sake make sure you research any claims that you make ... check all your spellings and grammar ... and above all, place it in the right forum because after this little rant you have left yourself wide-open to critisism

Woody

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Amen to that, 100 percent agree. A chap on that stupid fish thread in aliens topic mentioned a good idea. Creating a dislike sort of button on a thread, and if the amount of dislikes hit X amount of numbers it shut down or reviewed and the member being investigated or warned.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Mad at yourself for reading all that stuff huh? And yet...we often do.

It leaves me feeling dirty and guilty. Apparently, you too. I refrain for awhile...but eventually, overcome with "junk lust" and a dash of of 21st Century boredom I give in.

I need help. 12 Steps or sumpin'.

edit on 9-6-2011 by The GUT because: my add is actin' up

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If this helps at all, most of those threads are found in the Gray Area forum. That is the forum where members share their personal experiments and claims.

You can hit the pink minus sound by any GA thread in the recent post list and it will block all threads in that forum from showing in the list of recent threads.

It won't solve everything but it will fix 90% of the problems.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
reply to post by miniatus

honestly, you give them the attention they want with millions of posts declaring them to be trolls, etc.

one of these days someone who really DID contact 'the illuminati' or 'got inside a mason meeting' will come here

And just how exactly would one know?

These "whackjob" threads discredit this site so much. it is laughable anymore.
I pretty much quit posting new threads and am reverting to "lurker" status more and more.

If its not "I'm a space alien with "proof!" etc.etc.Its the blatant poke in the eye threads:" the U.S.constitution is "out dated" you stupid Americans should turn in your guns and all submit to the u.n"!
Or Typical political madness threads:
"Obama's a fraud:"
"All you birthers are pathetic"
oh yeah?
yeah...
"prove it".
I don't have to; do your own research
poke; jab; poke.duck.swing.
Why come here just for a pointless name calling flamewar?

Originally posted by indigothefish

because it is the internet open to anyone and they will have something to say, yet at ATS you all have been trained to team up and douse their flame before they even get a chance to say anything

if you think a thread is a waste of space on the internet, do what i do! TREAT IT AS SUCH AND DONT POST THERE, sorry if i sounded somewhat confrontational but i am only trying to help
edit on 6/9/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
hang on hang on, back the firetruck up!!!!!

Did you say someone from the Illuminati actually admitted that they plan on turning us all into turtles? and on this site?

Sorry dude but I cant spend anytime on your pointless thread when theres breaking news like that goin down.
Get a life you grumpy troll

P.s S&F

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I personally came here at first to discuss ancient civilizations conspiracies and some religious ones...and then I realized there was a theology forum and a lot of creationism going on, so most of my posts ended up drifting towards those when I got immensely frustrated by general conspiracy talk.

I came here as a believer in the ideas of conspiracies with a dash of skepticism...I'm now a pure skeptic who decided to stick around because the discussions on religion were sort of...there.

Just thought I'd try and clear that up for you, but yeah, the top threads tend to make my brain hurt sometimes...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What I hate is that there are A LOT of well thought out threads that someone actually took the time to research and put together that barely get noticed and then fade into the ATS black hole never to be seen again, but the guy that says "My dog talks and says that a comet is going to hit the Earth this Saturday...PROOF!!!!" gets 200 flags and is at the top of the list for 4 days straight. What a joke.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the best bit is, is that these types of thread would be forgotton quickly and not make it past the first page if it wasnt for the endless stream of people saying how bad the thread is.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The Most recent thread where the op claimed contact with the Illuminati should have been locked sooner before it reached the front page.
Since many posters including myself were presenting the case that the op was contradicting his story.
And even pointed out flaws in their graphic evidence the OP presented.
The whole thing became a troll thread who's plug should have been pulled as soon as evidence was presented that showed the OP was trying to pull a fast one the tread has finally been 404'd but the fact that it stayed up so long
just doesn't look good for the sight.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
but nonsensical statements and written versions of yourLDS trips

edit on 9-6-2011 by gncnew because: Engrish

edit on 9-6-2011 by gncnew because: Title too long

??? No edit???

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Agree with all of your points. I typically just chuckle and move on when I see a post like that. What ticks me off, is a garbage thread w/ no useful information taking up viable space in the live topics section.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Super good sh*t here - thanks for the post...my sentiments exactly. S & F for you.
Sometimes I open stupid posts just to read someone getting ripped a new one or throw down on some really dumb #e but I don't want to see that crap on the front page.
Sure it's gonna pop up in the new posts but that should be about the only place I see it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
You know, when I first became aware of ATS I thought it would be a great resource for conspiracy related info; being that many people here do actually research things and put together interesting threads. That's WHY I joined. And now you need a shovel to dig through all the crap. As a couple people here already pointed out; the best thing we can do to filter out the rubbish is to quit feeding the trolls and attention-mongers. There has to be some sort of quality control. What these people are doing, unfortunately, is playing the "boy who cried wolf". One day maybe we will get a legitimate insider, and we won't be able to distinguish them from the loonies.

Just remembered a quote that I think you'll like:"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something". I believe that pretty much sums it up, does it not?
edit on 10-6-2011 by KnightwhosaysNi because: Added a quote

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
Super good sh*t here - thanks for the post...my sentiments exactly. S & F for you.
Sometimes I open stupid posts just to read someone getting ripped a new one or throw down on some really dumb #e but I don't want to see that crap on the front page.
Sure it's gonna pop up in the new posts but that should be about the only place I see it.

Agreed I like to get a good chuckle and see a hoaxer get called out but usually that last no more then 3 or 4
pages. The Illuminati thread went on much longer then it should have. Threads like that usually don't seem to persist nor make it to the front page.
Oh well maybe all the mods were busy with real world things and couldn't be online.
edit on 10-6-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Yes, yes,Yes, yes,Yes, yes,Yes, yes,Yes, yes,Yes, yes,Yes, yes,Yes, yes.....I totally agree with all you have said............

I too am getting so bored lately of all the total garbage that is set before our eyes by people who want to get noticed without actually saying anything within their threads. It's very similar to the youth of today all wanting fame and fortune and saying that they want to be famous. But when you ask them what they want to be famous for, their answer is, "I don't want to be famous for anything, I just want to be famous."

Whatever happened to folks wanting to be a rock-star, model, writer, journalist, painter, comedian, actor, etc.....No, they can't be arsed, they just want to roam around in their pretend world and pretend they have a life without trying to go outside the bedroom and their PSmillion games consul to try and get one. "I had a dream last night that I was Jesus Christ riding a white swan to the shops, but the shops were closed, so I shot myself." I think I will write that down in ATS today, people will love that.............................Not.

Stop writing crap threads, people, otherwise I will tell the ATS police on you...................

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Bravo Sir, Bravo. I guess this means that I shouldn't share what I just deciphered on my illuminati code ring/glow in the dark compass.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I agree with you but I have to admit the crazies crack me up, some of the stuff they make up is just down right hilarious. But yes, more conspiracies and alt news is always best for me.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Woah, calm down... Part of this site is for entertainment. When you get all flustered about it with spittle flying everywhere like an old man it just makes you look like you have no sense of humor. So what if somebody claims something? People claim a lot of things and I don't see you knocking down the whitehouse door for the zany and wild stories they tell. Oh but thats different because they have big guns... The weak minded and confused people who you yourself labeled crazy make a much easier target for your pent up frustrations? And if churches are trying to convince you that god exists in a specific capacity in order to control you, does this not make the existence of god a conspiracy worth discussing? Just chill out and you know they have an alternative news feed if you only want the more serious topics. Nobody is forcing you to believe anything. This will only work of everyone has a right to speak freely without fear of oppression. That means Everyone, including people with disabilities whether mental or physical, victims of drug and alcohol abuse, victims of mental and physical abuse, people who have been victimized by being brainwashed with various doctrines since birth, along with all the pretty, smart, and perfect people like yourself, sir or madam. They aren't all out to get you or cause you to miss the next bombing, there is no malicious agenda here... If you think someone is out for attention, just don't give them any more than you can help, simple enough... Or is that you see others giving them their attention and somewhere inside you feel jealous? After all, what about the important contributions you've made? And some mentally ill person comes in here and all the sudden people care... Is that it? If you were at a major league baseball game and you saw a 8 year old cancer patient reach out for a fly ball, would you jump in front and catch it and scream out "No! What about Meee!!??" ??? Let's take it a step further... You're online... You have No idea how old any of these people are. What if a young kid like 13 has a weird experience they don't understand and they say something deemed by your advanced mind to be "crazy", are you gonna rip into them in person calling them a troll, asking them for proof, accusing them of seeking attention or being "crazy"? Why is it so much different online? It seems that, much like the male tendency to assume every girl you meet online is both attractive and horny, when people are faced with something they find disagreeable, they picture the person saying it as their own personal "perfect" nemesis who must be defeated at all costs. And the next person you come across who makes you mad... They are all the sudden this same person who must be defeated and all manners and decorum are forgotten. No, its people like you with all your negative comments that make this site so hard to read... If you don't like it, don't read it, and don't comment. It works pretty good for me.
edit on 10-6-2011 by ZackMorris because: sp error due to autocorrect, and added the last 2 sentences.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join