It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know - some of you make it so hard to actually come here and read stuff... no, seriously

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
"I'm an Illuminati - ask me anything..."

"I died last night after I ate a gummy frog and hit my elbow..."

"Greetings humans, I have a message for you..."

"PROOF! I have no life!..."

---- Good Grief! You CAN'T be serious...

There are four major contingents on here that I'm beginning to see - and two of them are seriously making it hard to even come to the site.

1. Alternative News Junkies and Conspiracy Theorist
    I don't have an issue with this - hell, this is why we're all supposedly here... the name of the site is "Above Top Secret" implying that information here is NOT something TPTB want shared...
  2. Theists and Atheists looking for debate and discussion
    Not really sure why these guys (I'm one at times) are here, considering the idea of the site is about conspiracy theories in religion - not the actual existence (or lack there of) of God... but what-ev...
  3. Attention whores and narcissists
    These are the one's that REALLY get me. I mean, what part of your jacked up brain seeks attention and/or affirmation so much that you'll actually pretend to be something you are clearly not? What part of you makes you get on ATS and say that you're an Illuminati/Military Intel/Special Forces/Alien Being/Whatever?

What makes you want to just flat make crap up? Do you think anyone - no seriously - anyone believes you when you say "Ask me anything!"... what the crap is that even?

Yes dope - it's entirely plausible that you've been a member of a secret society for 50 years that has been able to hide is existence from the millions of people looking for them - but today, it's time to break the silence. And not on Fox News or CNN. Not in a book or even a blog... but on ATS... COME ON MAN?!?!?!?

Or you - the one with the "message from the benevolent ones"... let's just use our magic logic box for a second here dummy... if some mystical beings had a message for the entire world - why the FIRETRUCK would they use you... on ATS... and not just tell the whole damn world? You do realize that most of the world does NOT read ATS - thus an attempt to communicate dire warnings and messages probably should be directed to another outlet right?

4. General crazies
    Guys, look - I don't know if mom didn't give you enough hugs, or you just have chemical imbalances, but either way, try to tone down the crazy, we're all full here... Get back on your meds, or return to treatment... but nonsensical statements and written versions of your LDS trips are just not quite as needed as you may think - and no, you're not special and able to see things others can't... you're just crazy and having hallucinations.

Ok, end rant - but seriously. I come on here hoping to see some info on the U.S. bombing Yemen, and instead I'm seeing front page news about "messages from benevolent beings" or "I'm the Illuminati and you're all gonna turn into turtles!"... WTF?

edit on 9-6-2011 by gncnew because: Engrish

edit on 9-6-2011 by gncnew because: Title too long

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, I must say, this is the most intelligent post I have ever read here on 'ATS'. You hit "all the nails on the head".

Yeah, I just love these folks that come hear and claim they are "aliens", members of secret societies.....etc.

What a bunch of crap....it has made this site laughable.....well, star and flag for you...whatever that means....

link   
If you want to read particular threads click on that particular forum - otherwise you will read the rest.

The creators of ATS have made it very easy for you to find what you're looking for.

Use those options available to you.

But yes - There is a lot of strange threads being created these days.

But if even one of them is legitimate - Its worth reading in my opinion.

-GM
edit on 9-6-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

link   
I second this motion!!!
Thank you
Come Again

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I agree with the overwhelming amount of 'junk posts' on this website, but since everyone is entitled to post what they want, we just have to take the good with the bad. Of course there are always delusional people pretending to be aliens or time travellers from the future.......however I believe that some of these people are disinfo agents, or people who deliberately create misleading and fantastic lies to (1) direct people away from the real issue addressed towards a more sensationalized work of fiction, or (2) willfully discredit and make fun of 'conspiracy theorists' and make us look like a bunch of loony nutjobs... which we're (mostly) not!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
And Mods - please move this over to "Rants"... my mistake.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
uh..DITTO!

Thanx for this. It has been happening alot lately and although I am relatively new,
(I came here from that other site we can't mention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

...even I can see the rise in this crap over the last few months.

And the other thread titles...OMG!!! PROOF!!! READ THIS NOW!!! FLAG THIS!!!

These titles are the reason I came over to ATS in the first place, and now I find them getting more and more insane here also.

I think I might go back to being a lurker.

S&F

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Honey, this is the best conspiracy site I have been too. I used to live and breathe off GLP(Godlikeproductions)
They are 100,000% worse, this site might have it's few crazies but we're a forest, GLP is the Amazon jungle. May the best man survive.

I stayed away from GLP for a week and when I went back they got worse, they devolved from sub-human to literal troll beneath a bridge eating cheetos. Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I hear you loud and clear!
Hell i'm a Sith Lord and even I find it hard to fit in with all the aliens, witches, prophets and just plain weirdo's around here.

All and all it's better than GLP and beats the hell outta hanging out on facebook so.....meh.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Welcome to the new "sensationalist ATS"!

Yes, that's what gets the most attention on this site. Threads full of complete garbage with an extreme message that get the people all worked up. No common sense, and let's not even begin to ask for a source. If they do have a source it's a nutjob's blog! AKA-Birther threads

But at the same time, there are almost always a good message within all the crap in those threads. It's all about perspective. The Message from the Benevolents thread is actually quite good. Is he full of crap? Sure, ya. But it has a good message and sometimes thats worth much more than a well-sourced thread.

edit on 9-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: spellin's

edit on 9-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Well, as a member of the Illuminati AND an alien from sector 9A, quadrant 41B of the Andromeda Galaxy, I must say that I found your thread to be quite offensive.

OK, just kidding... you have put into words what I, and I'm sure many others, have felt for a long time. Nice rant!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is definitely a well thought out thread. I must agree with you 1000%, I follow this site daily, and some of the threads I've seen make me want to go ring my neighbors doorbell and punch him right in the face
I'm joking, of course.

S&F

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't think I could have said it any better myself, nor could I possibly agree with you anymore than I do ..

It's become absurd the kind of things that get posted here, the only thing I've been able to do to keep myself amused and not enraged is by engaging in humor, sarcasm and by playing devil's advocate at their expense.. to me it seems pretty obvious when someone is trolling.. if they are going to make an insane claim like some of the ones you mentioned ( being a member of the Illuminati, or an alien ..) you can bet I won't just accept it.. I'm going to challenge it and make you look like a moron so you better be prepared to defend your point and play up your lies convincingly

edit on 9-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
no one forces you to be a part of any thread here, if you think it's a crazy nobody spilling nothing but nonsense, just don't reply to it, read another thread, simple as that

it's the internet, grow up

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I don't think I could have said it any better myself, nor could I possibly agree with you anymore than I do ..

It's become absurd the kind of things that get posted here, the only thing I've been able to do to keep myself amused and not enraged is by engaging in humor, sarcasm and by playing devil's advocate at their expense.. to me it seems pretty obvious when someone is trolling.. if they are going to make an insane claim like some of the ones you mentioned ( being a member of the Illuminati ) you can bet I won't just accept it.. I'm going to challenge it and make you look like a moron so you better be prepared to defend your point and play up your lies convincingly

Once it gets worse then GLP, I am D-O-N-E.
It's so obvious when someone's trolling it's sick, might as well go sit on 4chan. They're a little saner.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Replikant
I agree with the overwhelming amount of 'junk posts' on this website, but since everyone is entitled to post what they want, we just have to take the good with the bad. Of course there are always delusional people pretending to be aliens or time travellers from the future.......however I believe that some of these people are disinfo agents, or people who deliberately create misleading and fantastic lies to (1) direct people away from the real issue addressed towards a more sensationalized work of fiction, or (2) willfully discredit and make fun of 'conspiracy theorists' and make us look like a bunch of loony nutjobs... which we're (mostly) not!

Oh. Sorry. I'm in the wrong place. I was looking for the loony nutjob section....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
no one forces you to be a part of any thread here, if you think it's a crazy nobody spilling nothing but nonsense, just don't reply to it, read another thread, simple as that

it's the internet, grow up

If they were sprinkled in a few a day then it might not be so bad but it's gotten to be that these kinds of posts are becoming more and more frequent and starting to saturate the "New Topics" list..

It's like a few guys had fun trolling people by pretending to be an alien and told his buddies that they should come here and mess with everyone..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by miniatus

It's become absurd the kind of things that get posted here, the only thing I've been able to do to keep myself amused and not enraged is by engaging in humor, sarcasm and by playing devil's advocate at their expense.. to me it seems pretty obvious when someone is trolling.. if they are going to make an insane claim like some of the ones you mentioned ( being a member of the Illuminati ) you can bet I won't just accept it.. I'm going to challenge it and make you look like a moron so you better be prepared to defend your point and play up your lies convincingly

Once it gets worse then GLP, I am D-O-N-E.
It's so obvious when someone's trolling it's sick, might as well go sit on 4chan. They're a little saner.

It didn't used to be this bad which is what makes it more frustrating.. it's gotten noticeably worse and worse over the last year or two

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Meh.

I like some of the wild threads sometimes. Yes, people may be lying and/or delusional, but sometimes its just fun to watch them unfold. Im much less worried by the people who make those threads, than I am by the people who jump in and really take it all straight to heart.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

honestly, you give them the attention they want with millions of posts declaring them to be trolls, etc.

one of these days someone who really DID contact 'the illuminati' or 'got inside a mason meeting' will come here because it is the internet open to anyone and they will have something to say, yet at ATS you all have been trained to team up and douse their flame before they even get a chance to say anything

if you think a thread is a waste of space on the internet, do what i do! TREAT IT AS SUCH AND DONT POST THERE, sorry if i sounded somewhat confrontational but i am only trying to help
edit on 6/9/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join