It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photo: Self made fake, easy to debunk?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The reason I created this was to see how easy it is to create a daytime fake UFO photo which is hard to debunk. A lot of photos seem to have Photoshop effects done to determine authenticity etc so I'm interested if anyone would be stumped by this or what gives it away? I put the text around it just in-case as I don’t want to spread a fake. So what do you think? Also the larger UFO is just an enlarged copy and I haven’t tried to place that realistically in the scene, its the smaller UFO which is what im wondering would be an obivous fake.

Also I hope its ok to post in this section, i was going to post it straight into HOAX as im not trying to suggest its real. Anyway...
Link
files.abovetopsecret.com...
(Right click view)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9be5423917e2.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 9-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Sorry but i don't see a ufo

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Edit ; double post
edit on 9-6-2011 by Silend because: double post

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Excellent idea. I've been meaning to do something like this myself here. But...
I don't see a UFO.....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silend
Sorry but i don't see a ufo

The forum cuts half of it of, right click the image and view it and you should see the entire image.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

it's maybe the little object on the left.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The lighting looks way off, that is the impression I got right off the bat.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The little dot in the left? .. I wouldn't even consider it a UFO photo or spend much effort on trying to figure out what it was because it could be anything.. even a regular plane ..

I've been meaning to try to make something convincing in after effects but I also worried about it becoming viral and then have the Elenin effect happen where me as the creator debunks it and nobody believes me

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
where is the UFO..... is it the big saucer shaped cloud..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
where is the UFO..... is it the big saucer shaped cloud..

I'm pretty sure it's the little gray dot to the far left .. if it's the cloud then again I would have just laughed it off ..

link   
OK...found it. A little blurring, and distorting of the "UFO's" and you could have yourself a 300-400 reply thread! But also be banned.

It's almost too easy to create this stuff these days. It's sort of a shame though, cause it makes me almost have to throw out any new UFO pics...

link   

Originally posted by miniatus
The little dot in the left? .. I wouldn't even consider it a UFO photo or spend much effort on trying to figure out what it was because it could be anything.. even a regular plane ..

I've been meaning to try to make something convincing in after effects but I also worried about it becoming viral and then have the Elenin effect happen where me as the creator debunks it and nobody believes me

Its not that dot in the left that was already in the photo, click the link to see what im talking about. I dont know how to fit the image to the forum. The fake is on the right.

Originally posted by webpirate
OK...found it. A little blurring, and distorting of the "UFO's" and you could have yourself a 300-400 reply thread! But also be banned.

It's almost too easy to create this stuff these days. It's sort of a shame though, cause it makes me almost have to throw out any new UFO pics...

Also I do hope im not banned, I made it very clear its not real. My intention is just to show some members that it isnt to difficult to make a daytime ufo let alone a light in the night sky. I just want people who havent used Photoshop to get an idea of what can be done, it didnt take me that long to make either.

link   
*Sorry double post*

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Shadow fail.

The trees are well lit (sun is right & above the photographer) but the shadow is on the near side of the UFO.

Otherwise its a good job.

edit on 9/6/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

link   
Ill be honest the actual look of the ufo itself is very fake, the shading and specular lighting etc isnt true to life.
that said error analysis wouldn't give it away to much having scanned it for that.
so the photo has little editing as such.

also the angle of the light sources have to line up on the objects and background or that can give it away too.

link   
AH HA .. yes right clicking to get the image location and viewing it shows it up ..

Yes that's a very obvious fake .. the lighting looks way off and the objects are far more crisp than the photo itself so they don't look at all to have been taken through the same lens but rather added in post

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Right click with your mouse and select 'view image'

I have to agree with an earlier reply, the lighting on the closer ufo is way off, particularly in comparison to the trees.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Here is is resized.....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
As someone who has seen a lot of CG/photoshop, both in pictures and in movies, and someone who also does a fair bit of photoshopping, myself, the first thing I notice is lighting. The UFOs should be brighter, considering the day and the fact that grey has a high albedo (it reflects more light). Those UFOs should be well-lit, and, then, the shadows should be more well-defined.
Also, the texture. They seem to smooth for something real. And, again, something real that was that smooth would be brighter.
They also seem to be in higher resolution and clarity than the rest of the photo.
And, finally, the smaller UFO has white around it (especially at the bottom), indicating it's been added.

To better fake something like this, more attention has to be paid to texture, lighting/illumination, shadowing, resolution/focus, and edges.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here, I re-sized it so it will fit on the page.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/734cc6e294ce.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join