It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photo: Self made fake, easy to debunk?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You beat me to it!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Honestly though, if the closer UFO wasn't in the picture, I'd probably think it was real , well until someone pointed out the specifics about shadows and stuff.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

Originally posted by webpirate
OK...found it. A little blurring, and distorting of the "UFO's" and you could have yourself a 300-400 reply thread! But also be banned.

It's almost too easy to create this stuff these days. It's sort of a shame though, cause it makes me almost have to throw out any new UFO pics...

Also I do hope im not banned, I made it very clear its not real. My intention is just to show some members that it isnt to difficult to make a daytime ufo let alone a light in the night sky. I just want people who havent used Photoshop to get an idea of what can be done, it didnt take me that long to make either.

Nah...you made it clear it wasn't real. I was just saying I've seen this happen where people easily create an image they do try to pass off as real and get banned...as well they should be!
But this is a good idea of yours...showing how easily this is faked....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
Ill be honest the actual look of the ufo itself is very fake, the shading and specular lighting etc isnt true to life.
that said error analysis wouldn't give it away to much having scanned it for that.
so the photo has little editing as such.

also the angle of the light sources have to line up on the objects and background or that can give it away too.

I thought the light was pretty accurate, I took the photo by the way. I dont think the light was behind me, you can even see the shadows from the trees facing my way. If the sun was on the other side of those trees(my side) then no shadows would be present?

Judging from the clouds it seems as the the light sourse was far to the right. I do think its a little to sharp, I did blue but I could have done more.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael6059
Honestly though, if the closer UFO wasn't in the picture, I'd probably think it was real , well until someone pointed out the specifics about shadows and stuff.

Yeah...I thought the exact same thing. The closer craft makes it look too fake. The one with the more distant looking one would be easily passed off to some as real...well..except for the big FAKE lettering in the background!...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
As someone who has seen a lot of CG/photoshop, both in pictures and in movies, and someone who also does a fair bit of photoshopping, myself, the first thing I notice is lighting. The UFOs should be brighter, considering the day and the fact that grey has a high albedo (it reflects more light). Those UFOs should be well-lit, and, then, the shadows should be more well-defined.
Also, the texture. They seem to smooth for something real. And, again, something real that was that smooth would be brighter.
They also seem to be in higher resolution and clarity than the rest of the photo.
And, finally, the smaller UFO has white around it (especially at the bottom), indicating it's been added.

To better fake something like this, more attention has to be paid to texture, lighting/illumination, shadowing, resolution/focus, and edges.

Those are good points, also that white at the bottom I added intentionally behind the UFO layer to give an impression of the light being emitted underneath though it does not look to realistic. I could have added it to a darker scene tbh.

Also people the larger UFO was not ment to be part of the actual scene, it would have been the single small one in the sky. The large copy is just to show the UFO closer up and the shapes I used.
edit on 9-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

How about something like this...

UFO (FAKE)

I still can't seem to embed an image, so there's the link.

This is how good photo-fakers do it, they learn from others' mistakes. So, people would also learn from mine...and so on.
And, by the way, there is at least one glaring mistake in my photo. Try to spot it

edit on 9-6-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I would be one of those people who believed your photo. Its looks damn good. I might be a little off about the shadow on the water though - but i'm probably just saying that because I can't find anything else that may look fake lol

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
1- No EXIFs datas = highly suspicious.

Where is the original file?

I like this game.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Doesn't look very convincing at all. Thats a really BAD fake. If you're trying to prove a point, at least do a good job at it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAnOddFuture
Doesn't look very convincing at all. Thats a really BAD fake. If you're trying to prove a point, at least do a good job at it.

Stop trolling.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by michael6059

It is the shadow that's a bit off. Considering the shadows on the rocks (as well as, myself, remembering back to when I took the picture and where the sun was), the sun is directly above and to the right, so the shadow of the UFO should be a bit to the left of where I put it.

Also, if you enhance things a bit, you can see that the sky is a bunch of horizontal sections of increasingly darker shades of blue, while around the UFO, which goes through several of those sections in the sky, is a solid shade, indicative of where I "smudged" the sky to cover the original sky surrounding the UFO.. There's also an ever-so-slight hint of a box around the UFO (though, it's quite possible that I'm the only one who'd notice it, since I know it's there). But, then, if I had cared enough to really get it right, I would've fixed both of those.
And now, having noticed it, I would also fix the shadow.

But there's bound to be more things wrong with it - things that I'd never catch and fix before someone else did. Especially here on ATS. If something's wrong with an image or a video, these are the people most likely to catch it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
pretty good, only suggestion would be to make it a little more textured, grain it up a little bit. maybe a motion blur on the closest one.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Great picture OP, a few tweaks and it will look even better.

Heres a quick one (low quality) I've just done in Vue 9 Xstream

Nothing is real.

edit on 9/6/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
it looks so fake my cat even miauwed

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael6059
reply to post by CLPrime

I would be one of those people who believed your photo. Its looks damn good. I might be a little off about the shadow on the water though - but i'm probably just saying that because I can't find anything else that may look fake lol

Yeah, it probably would have fooled me too. Especially if there was a good and "credible" story to it. The picture of the OP is not a very good one, it didn't fool me for a second.
In these days it's hard to find real pictures, that's why I recommend everyone to go to a second hand bookstore or Amazon© and get some older books about UFOs. Those from before CGI and Internet took over the world of flying saucers are some of the best ever seen. Many of those pictures and cases deserve attention here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm more interested in the real UFO in the photo.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i can tell this stuff is fake right away. why you ask? because i know all real alien spacecraft and none of them look like the craft in this photo.

/topic

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

Its funny, when a reply like mine is made to a thread posting a video/photo thats legitimacy is undetermined and somebody makes a similar post as mine, its perfectly fine. When that sentiment comes from the other side of the fence its not okay.

It was a terrible fake.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
However, the point of the thread, as far as I understand it, isn't to judge whether or not the OP photo was a convincing fake. The point was, with the photo the OP gave as a basis, to determine the methods we use to conclude that a photo of a UFO is fake.
The quality of the fake in the OP doesn't really matter. I believe it's the method of determining a fake that was really the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join