It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I joined at last!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hi, I've been popping in and out of this website for a while now and thought its about time i joined as theres alot of subjects and stories that interest me. Please exuse my spelling and be gentle with me as I've noticed afew people on here can be abit harsh with new comers. I have afew stories to share but I as this is my first post I will start off with telling you abit about myself. I live quite a normal life, get up, go to work, have the occasional night out, nothing out of the ordanary except that I have always had to hide my feelings and experiences from everyone I know untill I met my current partner. Past friends or relationships have ended because I've opened up too much about my life and people get freaked out and sort of faze out. I hope that dosent happen here. Afew of you on here talk about 'wakeing up' as for me, I dont think I was ever 'asleep.' Hense why people dont understand me. I am willing to answer any questions and share my stories if there is any interest.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

Welcome,
Let me be first to say hello and give you your first flag

See you around,
OnlyLove

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
welcome
good intro
peaople can be a bit harsh but so is life
reast assurred most people are here are nice and looking for something ,probably just like u
i for one would love to hear what u want to share

again welcome to ats

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Welcome!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hi there!!!

Welcome to ATS!!!
I look forward to your posts!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

Thank you. I supose all I am looking for is to share my experiences without being looked at like a freak or judged and this seemed like the place to do that ( I may need help in which areas to post different threads ) I have afew different areas i would like to discuss such as lucid dreaming, spiritual contact, Karma, and alot more but to start with I will tell you about my spiritual experience/s.

My family have always been very open minded and while I was younge my mother would talk openly if she ever saw or felt 'something' so I did the same. Growing up with my mind open has been hard (but fun in ways) Me and my sister saw 'the hat man' and 'shadow people' (I only learnt that thats what they are called about 3 years ago) on more than one occassion. When I was 17/18 I was listening to a friend play his guitar and he was getting frustrated with the solo he was learning, he threw the guitar down and I heard a voice very clear and loud say "If you don't pick that up and learn it now you will never pick it up again" and as quickly as I heard it I saw a flash of white with a photo of an old woman leaning on her garden gate with white flowers around her. It realy shocked me and I asked him if he heard the voice and when he said no I thought I was going mad and 'hearing voices'. When I told him what I saw he went white in the face and left the room to return with a photo of his grandmother standing at the bottom of her garden leaning on the gate with above it an ach of a white rose bush joing at the top. I went to a medium meeting and was told that I was a mediums medium? Never heard of that so if anyone can help me with that it would be appreciated. Since then i tried to embrace it and recollect the feeling that rushed through me when this happened hopeing to 'make contact' agian. I ended up doing afew readings for friends of friends (no one close to me because I already knew everything about them so I didnt want them to think I was fakeing it) I rarely remembered what I said to them because to me the information was not for me, it was for the person I was talking to but I do still remember the odd few.

I would love to get some feed back on this. and read other similar stories to help me understand it more and maybe not feel alone in what I can do.

One love x

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

Incredible story! You have the gift! I wish I knew how you could develop it further, but keep believing in yourself and trust your instincts no matter what.

You will get a few people who will always challenge you on your posts, but for the most part, ATS members are very intelligent and good at heart.

I look forward to your posts!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TETRA.X

Thats only one story haha! I have loads but I dont have any evidence or anything. I have never understood the things that happen because I never knew it happens to other people or that it even had a name. I just kept it all to myself (until now) When I learnt that it wasnt just me and I wanst going mad, thats when I started to tell friends but thats also when I started looseing friends so I went back to keeping it all in. Its been that way for so long that I dont realy know how to act around other people like when you meet new people and their conversation starters are like, 'Did you see big brother?' 'did you see Eastenders?' 'Do you watch Glee?' It actualy makes my head hurt the lack of interest I have on the things humanity is interested in! It has made me feel like there's something wrong with me because I seem to be a black shhep, odd one out, a freak! It's so frustrating sometimes. And because I have no knowledgable background on the things I know it makes it hard to know whats going on, and for people to believe i'm not crazy. Does this make any sense or am I just going on a rant of confussion?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

Totally makes sense. There are some here (including myself) that keep the two completely separate and there are those who can manage to be themselves and say what they want without fear of being judged. I suppose it depends on your personality and the amount of openness you have with others close to you.

Yes, I have lost many friends to my thinking and beliefs. But you know what? Years later, some of those same friends re-approached me and said they were sorry and that they just didn't understand at that time.

You will do fine here!!! You have more in common with folks here than you think!

I can't wait to hear your stories!

20 posts and you can thread!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

Hi Soulo, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TETRA.X

Thank you soo soo much! It is such a relief to know that I am not alone. I have been driving myself mad trying to cope with both sides. It's even hard to tell my partner even though he has a great interest in these kind of things I find it hard to talk to him because I dont even know what I'm talking about half of the time
I tried to teach him lucid dreaming once but it was too hard to discribe because I had never had to discribe it before. |(One of the things I didnt know other people could do but I since been researching). He loves that there could be ghosts and energies floating around and finds it all interesting. I am willing to listen to both sides because I know sometimes the weirdest things can turn out to be the simplest things.
A Lucid dream story. . .
Shall I post it here? or do I have to put it in Paranormal studies?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

LOL! You are lucky your significant other has an interest. Mine does not!

Go under the tab "Forums" and you will find different sections where you can post different topics!

Good luck and see you around the forums!!!!

Also, go into "Introduction" forum and look up a few new posts. Usually a forum moderator posts info for new members.

See you!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS !!
this site was made to wake up people ..
to make certain connections on subject we had though of ...
God,Alien,many conspiracies,enlightment etc etc ..
there is more important thing then our daily lives in the world that you cant even imagine

Spirituality one day will save humankind .. and that date may not be has far ahead (2012)

here you take some and you leave some .. or you can literaly go nuts lol
there is like a bad prediction everyweek .. just dont sell all your things up to fast

take care

and oh star

edit on 6/8/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TETRA.X

Thank you all. I'm going to have a look around and then maybe start a thread or comment on a few. x

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Seems like your third eye is open and that you have supernormal hearing too. You can develop your powers much further if you want to.

I recommend you to read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below to understand the supernormal abilities of yours, how to become a good person and the real meaning of human life. The book is banned in China after having sold more than 100 million copies in the 90s before being banned by the communists. Since you are open.minded I expect you will love it.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm interested to hear about more of your experiences. I've experienced some very bizarre things as well, the type of things that most would either be creeped out by or scoff at. Keeping those types of things to yourself is a heavy burden to bare. Nevertheless welcome. People can be very harsh but don't let the trolls get to you!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

I agree! It does send you round the bend a bit when your itching to tell someone what you have just experienced and you have no one to turn to. When I was around the age of 6 to 9 is when I saw 'shadow people' and one very clear memory is of when me and my older sister were sharing a room and we had bunk beds. Late at the street lights would shine through the window but one particular night I woke up and looked at the window and saw the lower torso of a man in a long overcoat wearing a hat. Terrified I found I couldn't move and I suppose I eventually nodded off. The way I woke was like when your in such a deep sleep you gasp for air when you wake. I asked my sister if she saw anything and she said she saw a man from shoulders up wearing a hat (of course she was on the top bunk) She said she tried to lean forward to see the full figure but she couldn't move and the same, no memory other than waking up. This was my first known encounter with 'shadow people' and as I say I only learned that these are known beings amongst others recently.
It wasn't long after that that I had another encounter. I'm guessing I was 7 on this one. I could hear my mother calling me from downstairs to get me up for school and as a lazy child I would shout down "I'm up" and turn over for 5 more mins but something caught my eye outside the window. I swear I was awake and this was not part of a dream! In the distance, in the clouds, something red was sitting in a cloud in the shape of a throne. I was too young to know any satanic symbols but as I got older I started to recognize this being as a satanic figure but then 10 years later I mentioned it to a friend who was also open minded and he told me it could have been 'Pan'. But I have found nothing that could connect Pan to my experience. Anyway I was so freaked out by what I was seeing I did the typical rubbing my eyes, pinching myself to make sure I was awake and sure enough, there it was! I hid under my blanket until the tone in my mothers voice became too impatient, I had to get up and go down stairs. I didn't want to take my eyes off it but ovbiously had to. When I got to the kitchen I was trying to hunch a little so I could see the spot where it was but through the kitchen window without being noticed because I couldn't tell anyone, they would have just said it was a dream but i had made sure that it wasn't! I couldn't see it, my mother asked me what I was looking at and I just said nothing and hoped I'd see it again on the walk to school and I could point it out but I have never seen it again. I do understand this is hard to believe but I have not joined ats to bs people, just to share and understand.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Oh, and the trolls wont get me I'm too much for them! lol .

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

Trust me, it isn't hard to believe. I've seen even "harder to believe". But I feel as though posting it up online is sort of like jinxing myself.

[Mod edit - Replaced unnecessary quote with Reply To tab.]
edit on 12/6/2011 by Sauron because: Replaced unnecessary quote with Reply To tab

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I know what you mean. I have so many other experiences but as of the past 4 years or so its been quite calm and quiet so it has made me think things like I've used up all my 'charge' because my life has suddenly gone so 'normal' It's worrying (for me) because it's hard to do and see the things that came so naturally to me. Almost like my third eye is closing. I suppose that's the real reason I joined ats. For all the threads I have read on here I don't think anyone has mentioned their third eye is closing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join