It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Underground Noises = SUPER - SIZED drilling machines ??? Meet the Subterrene...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

certainly - they are conventional rotating head TBMs see here

what does a subterrene look like , i am areare of no valid pictures of an operationasl unit - but the design concept can be seen here

further the only known holes made by this technology have been small bore [ cms diametere ] in test blocks of rock

to be blunt - i do not believe that such a system would be scalable - in short a subterrene design needs to " dispose " of its entire spoil into the surrounding substrate

for a 10m diameter tunnel - thats 78 cubic metres of spoil / meter tunneled

at this scale " forcining it into cracks " is simply impractical - the " lava " fron till cool and increase viscosity - increasing the pressure needed and heat input required to maintain flow - forward progress will grind to a halt

it will hardly be ` like a hot knife through butter `

and when you hit the water table - your problems increase exponentially

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Lol dude im not sure what your saying, whether your tryign to discredit OP, or whether you think your 'spreading the knowledge' but you can clearly see a 1974 patent for this device, i fail to see how you can discredit this, its a us patent lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

sigh - try reading my post again - i cite the patent - but you do realise that patents are just that they are not any indication that a subterrene has ever been built on an operational scale

PS - try addressing the issue of scale i note

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Why would you bother to patent something you dont plan on building ?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

thanks for that,

i also wondered where all the spoil / diggings would go,

but then just assumed some of it was turned into that glassy surface it seems to leave,
and maybe some just got "vapourized"..

there is quite an exhaust- type setup on the roof of the old USAF unit,

but...not sure, obviously!

seeya

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Did it not say in the patent it is all melted ? there would be no 'diggings or rock' it would be liquified molten waste, which is pushed towards the edges & solidifies when it cools forming a solid tunnel, i believe thats what it said.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR
reply to post by gabby2011

thanks Gabby2011,
i liked the link, cheers!

i got one question straight up:

has anyone been on this HIGH SPEED TRAIN ??? or seen it?

not doubting, but would love to see pics...

seeya + thanks again...

I've heard of a few celebs talking about being on it...and its FAST !!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

err , are you serious ?

do you realise why people take out patents on technologies ?

the simple answer is , IF its sucsessful then the patent holder has sole rights to that techology / process for the life of the patent

not all pattented technologies are successfull - but you cannot risk allowing unpatented ideas into the public domain

lastly - do you realise how many millions of patents have never generated a viable product / opertational system ?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR
reply to post by e4r7h

thanks e4r7h,
and completely agree...

the weirdest part for me is why the USAF need to dig tunnels at all,
let alone have their own personal digging machine,

but, hey, maybe thats just me!

seeya

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Wow, time to inject some actual knowledge into this discussion. Here's some facts:

Underground drilling (boring) machines exist and are being used today, they were famously used to construct the Chunnel. The only lasers they employ are used for guidance, I'm afraid the actual carving mechanism is far less sophisticated, sorry sci-fi fans. The head of the drill rotates, grinding the rock up where it then falls to a collection funnel and is whisked back out the other end by conveyor belts. No "melting of rock to coat the tunnel walls". Science to the rescue: the melted rock would be less dense than its solid counterpart, taking up more volume when molten. If it was used to coat the walls there wouldn't be a tunnel as there would be an excess of molten rock.

Also, the mention of sinkholes and the water table are irrelevant and here's why. Sinkholes are caused by voids beneath the surface of the earth, usually from the movement of water. The catch is, they only happen in soil. These tunneling machines would be creating tunnels in the bedrock, far below both the overlying soil and the water table. And yes I know seepage occurs even in bedrock, but it is mitigated in these tunnels by using grout, shotcrete, and pumps.

As mentioned earlier, this is 25+ year old technology. Even with limited use, they could dig a whole lot of tunnels in 25 years.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Thank you for this information. My wife and I heard the noise you speak of on the 21st of may and although I've posted on a thread here on ABS as well as put up a video, I was still looking for an explanation. This could be exactly what it is.

edit on 21-6-2011 by Mr718 because: to add link to video

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hey they could be making all sorts of stuff with drills of that size. Military instalations, massive research labs, and hey the gov gotta put the ufo stuff somewhere else other than area 51

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RenegadeScholar
I really think the concept of giant underground digging machines is quite silly. What would be the point of this?
And more importantly, don't you think machines disturbing the earth in such a way would cause visible sinkholes, and considering these rumbling noises were heard in populated areas someone would have at least noticed a sinkhole or two, or maybe their houses sinking into the ground! Haaa

Also, have you witnessed this phenomenon yourself? From people who actually have, they say the sound comes from the sky as if it was caused by an invisible, immobile jet above their heads.

It's quite easy to tell if a noise is coming from the ground or reverberating through objects, rather then just coming from the air and sky itself!

These machines have existed and have been known about for decades and its not even a secret. Even the Nuclear one. Its not new or secret in any way. At least the existence of them is not. Next to that there are many many sinkholes in the U.S alone already plus if you dig deep enough it wont pose a problem.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vanishr

Why would you bother to patent something you dont plan on building ?

there are many patents out there with the sole reason of the patent is payoff from someone that does build part of it.
The filer of the patent files a vague patent that describes a large multipart system.
Then someone builds something and one of the parts fits the vague description, the person holding the patent wants a cut of the item profits or sales.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join