It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

safest place to be if nuked

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Nuclear balistic Sub with all of its missiles launched leaving plenty of room to try and grow things. Ironic that this would be so safe in comparison.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Dang it i've never been a real fan of hospitals oh well
I was just wondering would we really actually have time to escape to some other country if there is a nuke dropped? i was also wondering if the government might like prevent people from leaving and start confiscating property for their own benefit ?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
south of the equator....that's assuming most of the targets is in the northern hemisphere and what I read about the trade winds keeping the radiation predominately in the northern hemiphere.....

personally, I'd rather be at ground zero...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Those are good questions. In my opinion I do not think there would be enough time, unless you lived directly on the border. You also have to hope that where you are going is not being nuked either. I think that the government would be worrieng about their own self preservation in the initial attack and thereafter I think depending on the size of it all there may not even be enough cohesion(sp) for the gov't to do anything.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have noticed a lot of people would rather be a ground zero thatn survive. I have given this a lot of thought since childhood and I still do not have a conclusion. In one respect I would not want to live in a world that just had a nuke war but on the other hand in some respects it is a fresh start, relativily(sp) speaking. I have preety much decided that as long as I am with my wife when it happens that, that is all I could ask for.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you were forced to stay in America where this would happen your best bet would be in the mountains. It all depends on where they would be located of course by how the fallout pattern would be but it would be an ideal place. 1st of all, many mountains have caves where you could shelter yourself and keep out of harms way as far as radiation and some of the other nasty effects that happen in a worst case scenario. 2nd many mountains have natural springs running through them so you will have a fresh source of water. You have those two key needs met and then growing food is possible. You may actually have a chance to survive!

Personally if the event were to ever occur to me I would shelter myself as fast as I could. Hopefully if I were able to get a bit of notice before this were to happen and then I would make a B-line south of the border. If you manage to survive the initial attack your ultimate objective would be to get out of the fallout range asap. Having a gieger counter would be essential if you were to travel tho so being prepared would help. Hopefully none of this will EVER happen cause its not going to really be worth pushing on after that.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I, too, have given this a lot of thought since my childhood at the height of the Cold War.
All things considered, I think I'd race towards Ground Zero and have a vaporized exit. I don't think I'd want to deal with the chaos, the radiation sickness, and the ensuing civil disorder.
I'm not in any hurry to shove off, but, I have past the point where I want to fight it out with the teeming hordes.
joey

LL1

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Safest place...
A "Doomsday Bunker".
Anyone have any extra (backstage) passes?

www.providencepictures.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The best place to be would be in bed fast asleep, right at ground zero.

The best preparation, live a good life and prepare yourself now for the next one.

Heaven or hell ? entirely your own choice to decide right now.

Afraid to die ? why ? we all have to face this eventually.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
you are lying in between them of course with your favorite drinks and having a great time thats what i will do

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I would think inside one of these old missile silos they sell would be your best chance

Assuming the Sov's update thier target lists

''These massive fortified structures were designed to withstand a nuclear attack'' quote from the site I think as long as a nuke does not drop right on top of you your ok

I hope they wouldnt still have a empty silo targeted kind of a waste of a nuke. The russians have pretty good intel on that type of stuff though they might just be paronoid and hit it any way they have enough nukes to go around.

They do have some Privately Built Bomb Shelters on that site maybe that would be a better choice.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmilici
Here is a question I came up with after reading the thread If the USA gets nuked. Where is the safest place in the US to be (for an American).

FAR FAR AWAY

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I've thought about this quite recently for some reason, and the first reaction was "ground zero"... But the more I think about it, the less I'd like to hang around there. I think that the desire to live is stronger than any bomb that can be dropped. Human nature is to keep on keeping on. .

I'd try to find a good shelter for the wife and kids, and after they're safe (or in the case of a nuclear war,) dead, nothing else matters.

Regards

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If in the US? Well, The presidents hole in the ground.... CAMP DAVID..

A little more plush than Sadaams though, but still does the same job....

Just more of a homey feel with alot more food... ha ha

XL5

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hmmm where alot of lead is, www.exideworld.com... . Good place to get the lead needed for a atomic cup or armour, if going far away wasn't possible.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I think, if a nuke was going to be anywhere near where I live, I would hope to be directly under it. If it isnt near me, I just hope it is far enough away that the radiation doesnt kill my family and myself.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I actually have a specific place picked out where I will begin building my own small post-nuclear kingdom in the event of an appocalypse (nuclear, iceage, meteor, black plague, whatever).

It's a small hill against a mountain in the desert. It doesn't look attractive, so nobody would bother you, yet it has its own well, a large store of diesel fuel and asphalt oil. Heavy-equipment there would be useful for constructing earth-works shelters and for defending against any low-level threat (looting/rioting/zombies). Also, at the base of the hill there are farms fed by the canal. There is also a good view of the I-10 all the way to the pass into the valley, which allows good surveying of anything coming, before it gets here.

The only problem is that if 29 Palms was hit, it would not be liveable thanks to wind direction.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
sorta interesting www.oism.org... this has pics for each state......how good is the info....who really knows....for most in big cities it really doesn't matter 'cause they will all be dead........what woud you take with you if you had to leave your house in 10 mins and probably never return?????...i bet you have know idea just yet.....something to think about for these upcoming years

D

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Get your arse down here to Australia, that is unless North Korea manages to lob a nuke at us. But then you can go live in the desert.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Why not just retreat south of the border to Mexico? Who would want to nuke Mexico....? Us Mexicans are a very peaceful culture

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join