It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines kill 300 in 2 days of fighting.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Like it or not, we're there. We broke it, we bought it. However unjustified the initial reasons, we're there. We cannot just cut and run now. Imagine who would take control of Iraq if we were to pull out tomorrow. Its not really good news when 300 people die, but I also don't buy into the biased anti-US propaganda that we're indescriminately killing civilians. If we killed 300 people I am confident that our soldiers did what they could to avoid civilian casualities, and the Iraqis who are fighting against us have no interest in their country being free again, instead of cooperating with the US to rebuild their country, they cooperate with the other foreign occupiers (the terrorists like Zarqawi) who really do kill civilians indiscriminately and have no true interest in the future of Iraq, just their fundamentalist jihad.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
what is the difference between situation in april and now in Iraq.In aprill they were prepared.They prepared for that battle very well.US troops fought with insurgents like occupants.And mahdi army was in clear situation.They fought with foreign army and foreign forces.

Now we have absolutely different situation.Al-Sadr is completly unprepared.He didn't plan any kind of uprising now.They suffered significant losses and they can't fight with US now.They had to "heal" their wounds.Now Iraqis have their own government.Maybe they don't trust these people very much but it's iraqi governemnt at all.It's very important.Now US Forces only "support" iraqi army during these operations.People are scared.Streets are empty.They don't want to fight.Nobody predicted something like that.So they don't know what to do.And another very interesting sign - Ali Sistani now is in London.

Strange???I feel so.Whatever US will do he can't say now anything.He is out of game.And ordinary Iraqis won't listen to moktada words.He is a strong figure between poor people but most iraqis don't trust him - he is too young.So I suppose that this move with that trip to london was planned somewhere near Pentagon
)))Not in Ali Sistani house
)

US is now backed by NATO agreement.They have what they wanted.NATO is involved in this campaign.

And what is more - now offensive was started by US and Iraqi army.I suppose that they exactly knew what they did and they were ready

If they feel very strong mayby they will also crush fallujah resistance.

I hope that everything gonna be all right
)

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Way to go .... 300 is a large number.....Go get em Marines!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Like it or not, we're there. We broke it, we bought it. However unjustified the initial reasons, we're there. We cannot just cut and run now. Imagine who would take control of Iraq if we were to pull out tomorrow. Its not really good news when 300 people die, but I also don't buy into the biased anti-US propaganda that we're indescriminately killing civilians. If we killed 300 people I am confident that our soldiers did what they could to avoid civilian casualities, and the Iraqis who are fighting against us have no interest in their country being free again, instead of cooperating with the US to rebuild their country, they cooperate with the other foreign occupiers (the terrorists like Zarqawi) who really do kill civilians indiscriminately and have no true interest in the future of Iraq, just their fundamentalist jihad.

THis is exactly my position. Even tho i am for goin in there because i think it was neccesary im not even takin that in account.

Us kill 300 has saved who knows how many lives of innocent iraqis. THese are the people who are goin to plant car bombs and dive them into police stations or voter registration building when the ppl go to vote. I dont see how they are freedom fighters? We have not "invaded" we have liberated them. There is a big difference between taken them over and occupyin them like a colony. No we toppled a corrupt leader who did terrible things to the people and u know what we just gave them back the power of the govt they are now a soverign gov't.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
We have not liberated anything nor have we given them democracy...

Eddie summed up everything, there is nothing more to be said then this, " I hope Bush and his Cadres suffer the same fate as these innocents ".

Deep

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Us kill 300 has saved who knows how many lives of innocent iraqis. THese are the people who are goin to plant car bombs and dive them into police stations or voter registration building when the ppl go to vote. I dont see how they are freedom fighters? We have not "invaded" we have liberated them. There is a big difference between taken them over and occupyin them like a colony. No we toppled a corrupt leader who did terrible things to the people and u know what we just gave them back the power of the govt they are now a soverign gov't.

Thanks, i think you made a pretty good point there!

Its a pretty complex topic and its easy to loose perception of it somtimes.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999
Well it was reported on the BBC (an unbiased news source that is pro-US, going toting, 'we're patriots!' like FOX) that most of the 300 killed were actually civilians. No surprise from the trigger happy US army and it's shoot anything that moves policy.

Please, you really need to get a grip. The reason things have gone on for so long is that the US troops are not trigger happy. No doubt if we wanted to the sunni triangle could be turned into a giant parking lot. But rather than go in a shoot everthing the troops are trying to target fighters only.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
US Marines kill 300 in 2 days of fighting.

Music to my ears!

[edit on 04/8/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Well. I think I hit a sore spot. I have never been told to kill myself before.

I didn't tell you to kill yourself. I merely tried to show you that you can't use pre-emptive tactics to prevent future events that may never even come to happen. Sure, we could kill everyone we think could become a threat to someone one day. But isn't that what they did back during the Salem witch hunts? Problem is, they got to a point where they'd rather just kill people, rather than take the chance that they might be wrong.

By the way, they started it. We are gonna finish it. Do you remember the fact that Atta came in on a U.S. visa? I think he planned to come to U.S. soil.

He wasn't from Iraq or Afghanistan. What's your point? None of them were, apparently. Should we attack Egypt and Saudi Arabia too? They might have people there who could join al-Qaeda one day.

Those little fellers killed 3000 U.S citizens and allies and never set foot over here. Does that mean we don't go after them?

No. That means we find out who is actually responsible and then go after them. If someone breaks into your car and steals your stereo, are you going to go over to your neighbor's house and beat the crap out of him? No, you're not. Even if you think he may have done it, you can't do anything unless you know, can you?

I get it. Just cover your eyes and it all goes away!!!! Vote for Kerry then.

No, you don't get it. Iraq is not Afghanistan. How many damn times do I have to say it? Attacking the wrong people won't solve our terror issues.

Originally posted by Quicksilver
THese are the people who are goin to plant car bombs and dive them into police stations or voter registration building when the ppl go to vote.

I think they're all witches too.
It's tough to tell, though, so it's safer to just kill them all.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Damned]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
300 in 2 days keep it up Marines

And did the Iraq people have a right to vote for who they wanted before? NO they disn�t. Did the Iraqi people have a right to get passports and visas No they didn't. Did they have freeadom of speach? NO they didn't. They have so many things that under Saddam would have been a crime. Most of the attacks on Al Sadrs army have been by Iraqi troops backed up by US marines. And Al sadar says we will fight till our last drop of blood, wow real inspiring speech. Yeah I cant see too many Iraqi�s going out on the streets dying for no reason because Al sader said so, while Al sadar huddles up in a mosque full of weapons. He is no leader just a cowards little thug!

[edit on 10-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join