It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York congressman: 'The picture was of me, I sent it'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You guys are so mean to him! Even if he has a funny name it's not nice.

I could understand if his name was Dick, but honestly Weiner isn't even funny.

Lame

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I just do not get politicians.
We humans are animals.
There are things animals do, one of them is to fornicate or speak of.
Why do these politicians get caught in scandal and lie??
If Billy Clinton had said, "Yeah she gave me a hummer and I got special cigars from her too", He would have been the first 3 term president ever.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

FDR served three terms...

Didn't even have a working lower end by the third term. And he could have served a forth.

Now that's a pimp.
edit on 6-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Imagine what President Johnson's was like. It gives me the willies to even think about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Oh my god...

I have to get out of this thread

This is getting out of hand lol.

I hope Weiner is thoroughly embarrassed.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah it's gonna be a Weiner roast tonite!

Can you imagine. Next time he is huffing and puffing some sanctimonious horse hooey just imagine him with camera in hand trying to get a good shot of "the member from the great state of NY".

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is just proof that the most judgmental people, and those who are vocal about it, tend to have some of the worst things in their closets.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
tend to have some of the worst things in their closets.

or their underware.

just sayin.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Dumb....Dumb....Dumb.......

How stupid....

What do guys like this think?
edit on 6-6-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Lets not be self-righteous and condemn him

He without lust cast the first penal gland

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
At least, he still has the ball to admit it.....unlike other hypocrites. That's enough to have my respect.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have a friend named Thomas Rectum and he is considering running for congressman. Geeez, I hope he thinks twice.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Dumb move in retrospect on Weiners behalf.

Dumb move to spend more than 5 minutes of airtime talking about it. Even dumber move spending money on an ethics violation.

I am sure if we checked the pockets of every member of congress before entering into work > 75% would be under investigation for drugs, laundered money, or the same exact thing on their phone.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuervoUnfortunately, this has nothing to do with his ability (or lack thereof) to do his job but... still, it's a bit ironic anytime a conservative does this.

Actually it does have a great deal to do with his ability to do his job. The primary reason is that because of his behavior and it’s inappropriate nature it makes him exploitable by any number of nefarious powers who could then influence him and through him the laws of the land to achieve whatever ends they chose. If he was a Private in the military and did this he would likely lose his security clearance – I don’t know what committees this douche sits on but I bet he has a clearance. Certainly since he is paid more than any General Officer he should be held to a similar standard.

Further, when caught he lied to the entire nation; not once, not twice but multiple times about the source of the photos and because of that the investigative arms of several government agencies began the process of looking into the accusations for security reasons. The result being the expenditure of resources we don’t have to waste on things like this.

Likely this was done on US Government (taxpayer) funded equipment – I highly doubt a sitting US Congressman takes a personal laptop to work so he can chat and e-mail photos of his Wiener to young girls on the internet.

When one logs on to a US Government computer it specifically warns you that you have to agree to all the rules of which using it for the transmission or receipt of lewd photos is prohibited. It also warns you that all communications and activities are subject to monitoring.

We can use the “this is not germane to his professional life” argument all day but in the end if he will lie to protect himself from the drama at home if his wife found out what won’t he lie about.

You know there is a fact in counterintelligence field that there is one thing that all individuals who sold out their countries have in common – promiscuity, sexual deviance and/or infidelity.

Sure he said there was nothing physical in the relationships (I bet Mrs. Wiener feels so much better about that) but any man who will disregard his vows to the woman he loves will just as soon sell out the nation he serves.

What if an enemy agent or a mafia family or the opposing party or the NOW or whomever gets wind of his next set of transgressions before the press…

He already demonstrated he’d lie to protect himself – his profession of honesty in the future on any subject from a fiscal bill to his taxes to fidelity is henceforth and forever suspect in my mind and that makes him worthless as a Representative of the people.

However, it is likely that the progressives in NY will just love him all the more as this type behavior is not important to them – honesty is less important than ideology to progressives. The end justifies the means.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Chris Lee (R) Congressman from NY resigned for less than this. (He is the guy that sent a pic of himself.......wait for it......shirtless...... over the internet.)

Don't Democrats have no shame?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Chris Lee (R) Congressman from NY resigned for less than this. (He is the guy that sent a pic of himself.......wait for it......shirtless...... over the internet.)

Don't Democrats have no shame?

Well, that's the difference. Democrats (as a generality) do not espouse made-up family values so... when they violate those arbitrary rules, they don't have to be so ashamed. It's not like those guys who preach homophobic hate speech only to be caught with a Rent Boy at a hotel. There's a big difference. This is still hilarious but not career-ending.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i have nothing in my closet

i have texted
i have sexted
i have since dirt pictures

but they started it and they asked for them and they wanted them

and i was not married nor was i elected a congressman.

weiner played and now hes has to pay

altho they have another word for that. start with a m

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Yes some men are that well endowed.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We had a really really cute young hot hot hot Cuban guy start at my work...........young enough to be my son so I gave him some motherly advice.

I told him, Your work computer, almost everyone's work computer is monitored. Yes IT People are paid to monitor your e-mails and what sites you go on.

With our company, our manager got a monthly report for each of us showing exactly what sites we visited.

Now with our company, we had strict rules (for the pions) that while say my job entailed me visiting many many government / state sites...............I was NEVER EVER to go to a personal site, even like gardening, recipes, etc........NONE, NADA, No sites that were not work related.

I further explained to this cutie pie (oh was he cute) that any e-mail he sent should be of the type that if it was blown up and plastered on the walls the next morning he would feel comfortable with.

Did he listen to me? (Shakes head no back and forth).

He was caught bragging in a e-mail about having sex on the stairwell on his work PC during work time and subsequently fired.

Stupid stupid stupid.

If you are going to be naughty, don't get caught, don't do it at work on work time unless you are so high up and have the connections to cover for you and than be aware that, that is one more thing someone has over you that later can be used to blackmail you and make you their tool.

In other words, if you are going to be naughty, go for it, but only in front of a dog or cat........they can't talk (yet).

Anything you do and put on a PC is monitored.

I have no sympathy for anyone that is either so fricking stupid they aren't aware of how closely we are all monitored or simply they really secretly or subconsciously wanted to get caught.

Your work PC is 99% probably being monitored, they pay whole departments to run reports on who goes to what site, it's a simple five minute report any nimrod can run.

And yes even your e-mails are monitored for "quality assurance".

To go on any site at work that is not work related IF your company has a no unrelated worksite policy for PCs is asking for trouble.

Personally this Weiner should be fired if he did this on tax payers time.

This only shows how crude and stupid our leaders are...............Bill and Monica, Arnold and his love child and Weiner guy with his bulging gray shorts..........would have thought he would have worn something sexier but I guess he's just a gray kind of guy.

Hey Weiner guy, if you're out there reading this, get some snazzy shorts, my husband has a pair with my name, a big red heart and my hand prints on em, saying this belongs to me and I don't like to share.

He won't wear them because he says at 67 he might die and what would the ER or undertaker people think.

edit on 6-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar..................cannot believe how dumb some people are.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Heh well Its quite interesting , especially with all the interviews and denial.......

Man.......Weiner made himself look like a D!@k

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join