It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York congressman: 'The picture was of me, I sent it'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I just can't help but feel that this whole thing has been made to be a bigger deal than it actually is. Why is this on the news? Why are we talking about it? Why do I get the feeling that there is more to do than discuss whos junk is in the spotlight. Forgive me but, this should stay in the jokes section where it belongs.

At least this thread helps me get my post count up...I got better things to unfold.

~Glu

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ElmersGluon

Yep, sex a sell everytime

We have all these other major world catastrophies happening and yet the posts about sex will get a thousand stars everytime.

Why?

We all need a good laugh and to be distracted sometimes.

Personally I found this funny..............and sad, that someone that high up would be so stupid.

Now this being a conspiracy site, read Dean Koontz's "Dark Rivers of the Heart".

Things aren't always what they seem, sometimes people in power are set up like bowling pins to get knocked down. People in power use this technique I think they call it bait and hook.

Possibly someone zeroed in on his weakness (women/sex) and baited him and he fell for it and now is "discredited" or "shamed".

A power play..............seen it used.

Again, this being a conspiracy site, people in power play by different rules than the average person. They will go to any lengths to acquire more power or take power from those that either they oppose or don't comply with the majority agenda.

Weiner guy probably was just plain stupid and arrogant thinking he would never get caught or maybe wanted to get caught and advertise his wares

Either way you got some stars - good going, you provided a nice diversion, a break from all the really serious world problems we are now facing.

edit on 6-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I can agree with a lot of what you are saying. Once your accusation catches the media spotlight you will burn slow over a controlled fire, roasted till perfection (or until we say your done). Your right, it's hard to take anything at face value, especially while combing through a conspiracy site. I got a laugh the first day, then the second, then lost all hope. I know, that was harsh...but can't a guy just get a conspiracy?

~Glu

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

First, please don't confuse Republicans and Conservatives, or at least don't generalize and group them all together. They are rarely the same thing, although there are exceptions. The reason that Liberals usually get away with stuff like this is because they don't preach about family values and morals like Republicans and Conservatives do. There is usually no hypocrisy associated with a liberal like Anthony Wiener doing something like this. It's basically that simple.

The reason he should resign is simple... any Government official, or anyone with a position that could affect national security can not put themselves in a position that could lead to them being blackmailed or compromised. What we are seeing in this case is what has been released or found out... just imagine what could be out there that we don't know about, hypothetically speaking of course. "Hey Congressman, if you don't vote for this, or do this, that or the other, I'll send those pictures I have to CNN."

Where is the irony when a Conservative or a Republican does this? look at Mark Sanford (former Gov. of South Carolina) he was KILLED in the liberal media. He was crucified, and rightfully so, and so is any other Republican or Conservative. Resignation is demanded of them, and their reputation is ruined forever, but if you are a Liberal, it gets swept under the rug and you get your own show on CNN (Elliot Spitzer) The hypocrisy and media bias in these situations is so grossly obvious, and it certainly doesn't favor the right.
edit on 7-6-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprimeThe reason he should resign is simple... any Government official, or anyone with a position that could affect national security cannot put themselves in a position that could lead to them being blackmailed or compromised. What we are seeing in this case is what has been released or found out... just imagine what could be out there that we don't know about, hypothetically speaking of course. "Hey Congressman, if you don't vote for this, or do this, that or the other, I'll send those pictures I have to CNN."

This is basically what I said in my post - even though these particular government employees are popular and elected that doesn't mean they should get carte blanche to disregard all the same regulations and rules that apply to other government employees.

Any person with a security clearance would have an issue with keeping his job for such conduct if discovered. Likely the individual would get a warning and a probation period if he/she were fairly junior in the system say a GS 5/6 a junior enlisted soldier etc.

However, he is not a junior member he is paid more than any appointed/hired employee; he makes policy decisions, votes for declaration of war, spends a good deal of taxpayer money etc.. In these circumstances he should be held to the same standard as say a General Officer in the Military or senior official.

I understand the thought process in which people believe he is just being human and all of us have flaws. However, he has now demonstrated a pattern of behavior over time that makes him vulnerable to blackmail by any number of nefarious types; criminal, governmental and businesses. Further, he demonstrated he'd lie to cover his ass.

If he had any regard for the nation and its people he’d resign to spare us the embarrassment and controversy. However, like most progressives he feels he is the one of the only people with the answers and therefore the cost to the nation is worth less than his removal from office. After all who else could do as good a job right?

To the guy who said that he stay’s out of my personal life I’ll stay out of his….

That is the issue – him and people like him do not stay out of our personal lives; they want to regulate every part of it and protect us from ourselves. Because they know what is best for us even if we don’t. He’s just another douche bag narcissist.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

um, because his name is Wiener.

in a time of economic uncertainty, any humor will do. Sadly, even at the expense of some guy named Wiener.

and it was a picture of underware. Not the full Monte.
edit on 6-6-2011 by network dude because: (no reason given)

I'm feel the same. Every time they start talking about it on the news, I can't help but to start laughing. I got scolded this morning and had to leave the living room. Then I started laughing more. It's like suddenly I'm acting like I'm 12 years old

He seriously needs to start pronouncing his last name differently. I do feel kinda sorry for Mrs. Wieiner, though. hehe Mrs. Wiener.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybeeIt's like suddenly I'm acting like I'm 12 years old

I know what you mean but seriously burps, farts, and making fun of people's names was fun when I was five and probably still will be when I am 85...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
He is a sex addict and needs help....the fact that his last name is Weiner .....is funny though.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I know, it's completely juvenile, and I should be ashamed of myself.......but I'm not.

if you cannot laugh for fear of being ridiculed, then what is the point of living?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join