It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoaxing and Misrepresentation by Chemtrail Promoters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Haven't seen this one yet, but am expecting to - B747-8 watter ballast barrels in the top deck -

Aviation week blog

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Haven't seen this one yet, but am expecting to - B747-8 watter ballast barrels in the top deck -

Aviation week blog

I am guessing you will be right, and probably soon.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Another "chemtrail" hoaxer.
Here is a "whistle blower" claiming to work for an airline food service called Olgacom.
olgacomscandal.wordpress.com...

Olgacom has a website and everything. The trouble is, it's a hoax.
First there is this image on the website (thanks Uncinus):

It is a faked version of this image
www.flyertalk.com...

The picture on their homepage:
olgacomglobal.pl...
Comes from here:
www.flyingfood.com...

Here's some information about the web domain:

DOMAIN NAME: olgacomglobal.pl
registrant type: individual
nameservers: ns01.one.com.
ns02.one.com.
created: 2011.05.07 15:25:19
last modified: 2011.05.07 15:25:19

Registered to an individual on May 7, 2011.

Hoax. There is no Olgacom.

edit on 6/29/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I remember this from sometime previous. I've looked all over and can't find what I saw. I looked at the site and wondered how much they paid their janitor's 13 year old to set up a website. Wholly unprofessional and looks like it. But we all know that discernment of "good" information is not high on the list of intellectual traits by most believers.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
And that persons twitter campaign against this "olgacom" began on May 10..

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Firepilot, I've debated this chemtrail issue with several of you before, and there are some things I have issues with from the chemtrail camp, even though I am not convinced that chemtrails are a complete hoax. Like I've said before, we don't have any way of knowing whether some of these claims are true unless we are there and can take samples of a particular plane's vapors or inspect that plane for spraying equipment.

However, in my own research, these are some things that can't be ignored by chemtrail believers:

As presented before in many of these forums, contrails DO sometimes leave vapor trails that spread into cirrus-type cloudsText - Many chemtrail believers claim this doesn't happen, but minimal investigation shows that the research says otherwise, and this fact about contrails was being discussed long before the chemtrail topic became an issue.

There have been many reports that chemtrails have ceased in recent weeks in some of the areas where heavy chemtrail activity had previously been alleged -Text This has been true in my city as well. However, if one looks at the previous studies, this is consistent with what research has already said about contrails. The warmer weather would result in less contrail activity.

I have frequently seen occasions where one plane will be flying overhead leaving a vapor trail that spreads and remains in the air for hours - This is not consistent with what the chemtrail activists say is the usual M.O. of chemtrails. The norm is for there to be several planes making criss-cross patterns. I think if chemtrail believers are honest with themselves, they will admit they occasionally see one plane do this, and so the whole theory that contrails don't leave trails that linger is even harder to accept, as it seems unlikely that one plane at that elevation is going to be spraying chemtrails.

I question the claims that have been made about blue skies being permanently impaired due to chemtrails. I have seen planes making vapor trails in my skies, and, yes, sometimes they are being made in a criss-cross pattern and I have seen the vapor trails start and stop while a plane is in midair and all that. On those occasions, the sky HAS remained hazy the rest of the day and I have seen the rings around the sun that many report as well. However, now that these vapor trails are scarce, the skies over my city are very blue. It doesn't appear that anything "permanent" has happened to the sky to diminish it's color as a result of previous vapor trails. If these contrail patterns are being made over an area every day, day in and day out, then I can see where there would be a diminished color in the sky, but other than that, I don't know if I'm buying it.

Frankly, the thing I have the most problem with when trying to debate this issue on ATS from the perspective of a chemtrail believer, is that too many on that side of the debate let their emotions get the best of them and they make broad-sweeping claims that can be debunked. I understand it is an emotional issue for many, but reactions on an emotional level are what has caused the chemtrail groups to appear less credible, in my opinion.

Again, I'm not convinced that chemtrails aren't a reality, but those items I mentioned above are some of the claims I am personally skeptical about when it comes to the arguments made by the chemtrail camp. For me, personally, it's gonna take some more investigating before I'll decide one way or another.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Firepilot, I've debated this chemtrail issue with several of you before, and there are some things I have issues with from the chemtrail camp, even though I am not convinced that chemtrails are a complete hoax. Like I've said before, we don't have any way of knowing whether some of these claims are true unless we are there and can take samples of a particular plane's vapors or inspect that plane for spraying equipment.

However, in my own research, these are some things that can't be ignored by chemtrail believers:

As presented before in many of these forums, contrails DO sometimes leave vapor trails that spread into cirrus-type cloudsText - Many chemtrail believers claim this doesn't happen, but minimal investigation shows that the research says otherwise, and this fact about contrails was being discussed long before the chemtrail topic became an issue.

There have been many reports that chemtrails have ceased in recent weeks in some of the areas where heavy chemtrail activity had previously been alleged -Text This has been true in my city as well. However, if one looks at the previous studies, this is consistent with what research has already said about contrails. The warmer weather would result in less contrail activity.

I have frequently seen occasions where one plane will be flying overhead leaving a vapor trail that spreads and remains in the air for hours - This is not consistent with what the chemtrail activists say is the usual M.O. of chemtrails. The norm is for there to be several planes making criss-cross patterns. I think if chemtrail believers are honest with themselves, they will admit they occasionally see one plane do this, and so the whole theory that contrails don't leave trails that linger is even harder to accept, as it seems unlikely that one plane at that elevation is going to be spraying chemtrails.

I question the claims that have been made about blue skies being permanently impaired due to chemtrails. I have seen planes making vapor trails in my skies, and, yes, sometimes they are being made in a criss-cross pattern and I have seen the vapor trails start and stop while a plane is in midair and all that. On those occasions, the sky HAS remained hazy the rest of the day and I have seen the rings around the sun that many report as well. However, now that these vapor trails are scarce, the skies over my city are very blue. It doesn't appear that anything "permanent" has happened to the sky to diminish it's color as a result of previous vapor trails. If these contrail patterns are being made over an area every day, day in and day out, then I can see where there would be a diminished color in the sky, but other than that, I don't know if I'm buying it.

Frankly, the thing I have the most problem with when trying to debate this issue on ATS from the perspective of a chemtrail believer, is that too many on that side of the debate let their emotions get the best of them and they make broad-sweeping claims that can be debunked. I understand it is an emotional issue for many, but reactions on an emotional level are what has caused the chemtrail groups to appear less credible, in my opinion.

Again, I'm not convinced that chemtrails aren't a reality, but those items I mentioned above are some of the claims I am personally skeptical about when it comes to the arguments made by the chemtrail camp. For me, personally, it's gonna take some more investigating before I'll decide one way or another.

Just my two cents.

I would give you 10 stars for that if you could. We will make sure that Mr Big gets you your debunker check sent out overnight

Everything you said is true, and so many chemtrailers refuse to admit that contrails can make cirrus, even when you show them scientific reports from 60s and 70s.

I have been posting on chemtrail sites since 2000, and without fail, every summer people talk about less chemtrails, and when it gets cold, they talk about how much spraying is going on.

And its just gospel on so many chemtrail sites, that contrails absolutely can not last long at all, no matter what the conditions. And did they come up with that with logic and reason? No, it was because a chemtrail site stated that.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

I would give you 10 stars for that if you could. We will make sure that Mr Big gets you your debunker check sent out overnight

Gee, thanks Firepilot, that's just the kind of thing I need planted in the heads of some ATS members........

I will be pondering my revenge.....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
We will make sure that Mr Big gets you your debunker check sent out overnight

WTF is mine??

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

WTF is mine??

Maybe it has something to do with that goofy chicken avatar....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I had no avatar for longer than I've had that one, and there was nothign at the job interview about pay being restricted by choice of avatar - it's discrimination I tell ya!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I had no avatar for longer than I've had that one, and there was nothign at the job interview about pay being restricted by choice of avatar - it's discrimination I tell ya!

Oh, stop your cackling. When Firepilot sends my check, I'll loan you 50 bucks......

edit on 29-6-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Only $50, and you expect me to go into debt to get it??

Jeez this job sucks!!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Great thread

I don't see many 'chemmies' coming on here to post, hmm, I wonder why?

As far as I'm concerned the chemtrail/contrail debate is over, I've followed this for a while now, I've tried to keep an open mind on the subject, but there hasn't been one shred of verifiable evidence supporting the chemtrail theories posted, that I've seen anyway.

I used to knock about with a handful of 'believers', we all know each other from school. And I've watched them get sucked into this, and other conspiracies. Some of my friends go for the 'whole package' NWO, Bilderbergers, Population-Control, Banking-Cartels, Eugenics and so on. Chemtrails are just one part of this. The theory of chemtrails supports or fits in neatly with the rest (but I'm in no doubt that there are grains of truth here too concerning the other stuff). When chemtrails get 'debunked' the believers fall back on the other material and assure themselves 'something is going on'. That's why this debate will continue for a long time yet.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I've written a longer post detailing the Olgacom hoax:

metabunk.org...

I'm really interested in why someone would do such a thing.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I'm really interested in why someone would do such a thing

One could argue that if chemtrails are being sprayed, those trying to cover it up could pull a stunt like this to discredit the chemtrail activism movement.

Explore ALL possibilities.....

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by Uncinus

I'm really interested in why someone would do such a thing

One could argue that if chemtrails are being sprayed, those trying to cover it up could pull a stunt like this to discredit the chemtrail activism movement.

Explore ALL possibilities.....

Or a true believer would pull a stunt like this to discredit the debunker movement by putting up a fake so obvious it could only have been done as disinformation, but really it's a well done triple fake.

Whoever it was certainly put a lot of time into it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
And now she is promoting it over at godlike productions in this thread.
www.godlikeproductions.com...

Maybe it is someone wanting attention

edit on 30-6-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

And now she is promoting it over at godlike productions in this thread. www.godlikeproductions.com... Maybe it is someone wanting attention

Well, then I guess we should expect her arrival on ATS shortly.....

Someone wanting attention? Very possible. However, considering this video she posted on her website in support of her chemtrail allegations, I think there are a couple of other possibilities:

I mean, Jesus, if that's the microscopic view of these alleged organisms, then it looks like the planes are dumping sperm from the sky. Maybe that's why he keeps saying "it's coming....it's coming" at the end.

After viewing this video, it's evident that either this woman has the mental capacity of a common house fly, or this has been an elaborate hoax designed to discredit the chemtrail movement. It certainly suits the debunker camp if people use her disinformation to support their beliefs or if she shows up in these forums to offer up this stuff. Everything surrounding this woman is just a little too over-the-top for me to think she's on the level. I smell a rat.

On another site I ran across, she is soliciting signatures for a petition (or something of that nature) for an investigation of this company for it's involvement in chemtrails. I guess she's going all out with this thing. Good luck with that, Alenka...because Olgacom shouldn't be dropping sperm on the population, man.

edit on 30-6-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I don't think she actually posted that. The links on the right column of her site are just automatically generated from twitter searches, she does not ever need to look at the content. They will self-update every few minutes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join