It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Here's a first enhancement of the original photo playing with lightning curves, filters and noise reducing tools, trying to make appears the UFO like if it was in daylight:

I wasn't able to discern any triangular shape (with different contrast and/or luminosity than inside the three lights), meaning that either there's none or the UFO must have been at a high altitude for its pattern to be diluted in ambient haze (and then have a bigger size...)

More to come.

BTW, could it be possible for you to provide me with an other original photography from the same camera,?
No matter what the subject is, this is for some noise reducing tries.

Thanks!

edit on 6-6-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

This picture appears to show that there is no shape! Hmmm very interesting indeed!!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

thanks for your time uploading but i cant see the triangle in your video

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I meant no solid object between the lights, please be indulgent with my English...

edit on 6-6-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
S&F for the awesome photo, and thanks for uploading the video. I have no idea what this could be. Really cool!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Comment about 3 objects having to form a triangle or a line: Sure, but unless you are purposely being dense, obviously an object that is an equilateral or isosceles triangle has more merit than a scalene. Yes? The odds that 3 lanterns hold a perfect distance to form the prior two triangle types for more than a moment or two.. are pretty low

Not as low as the odds of an aircraft that is the size of a football field seen over 2 kilometers away being perfectly perpendicular to the observer.

I would expect to see a scalene triangle shape under those conditions and not the equilateral triangle we see.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

As I stated, two lights on the triangle dimmed out before I got the video camera working.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

Excellent photo! atypical triangle sighting, just wish the video showed a little more of its movement. Not a plane obviously, but the damn lantern excuse is gonna be thrown like crazy. I find it hard to believe lanterns are gonna be equally spaced perfectly as is shown here, you would think they would be more erratic.
Jack in the Burg
edit on 7/4/10 by Palehorse450R because: Sp

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

Yes, I saw the exact same craft, I cannot telll you the exact location because I am not familiar with Nashville, but the time im guessing was some time after 8pm, that is EXACTLY what I saw, same colors and everything. I was in quite a hurry, as my mother's blood pressure had been 200+ all day and I was focused on St. Thomas, so I did not make a deal out of it to the other passengers, but it was very hard to keep my eyes off of it. I've always been a believer after me and 5 others witnessed a UFO in Buffalo Valley, TN, about 6 years ago, so at first I didn't believe my eyes, most people aren't fortunate enough to witness these things twice in a lifetime

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

thanks for posting this. I believe it's ours, but I have nothing but intuition for proof. How did you determine it's size?
did you hear anything like engines at all?

thanks again.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Tell you what people. I'm not going to bash this video or picture because it does look like something real but I can make a video and take 100 pictures like that anytime I want.

Give me some horizontal helium balloons, some LED lights and few road flares.

I'll make a reasonable triangular shape ( painted flat black cardboard, horizontal party balloons stuck all along the top, a couple of LED lights and three road flares), I'll launch it from the airport out back of my house and take video of it when it reaches a couple of hundred feet....I'm sure it will look very similar to this.

I just want to say that some triangles out there have been busted.......I just hope that this is not one of them.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I heard no sound. Size it seemed to be about 1 mile away, and it seemed very large about the size of LP Field - the Titan's stadium.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ahh the famous orange lights that form a triangle!

Here are lots more!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems this particular UFO has been busy!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

Awesome picture!!

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion. Below the reply button it says: (Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.)
edit on June 6th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I would expect to see a scalene triangle shape under those conditions and not the equilateral triangle we see

Well, sure but this is not really an equilateral triangle:

In red, "real" pixel measurements size, in blue measurements for an equilateral triangle taking for basis the longest straight.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

I am not alone - There is already at least one ATS forum member who also saw the same thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Fantastic analysis.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion. Below the reply button it says: (Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.)
edit on June 6th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

It's close enough for the point I'm making though, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

As some members have noted, there is nothing visible between the lights, perhaps they are not connected? If they are not, the shape of the triangle in relation to an onlooker's viewpoint would not matter.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately there is no way we can tell what the object you are viewing is from your video. Its pretty hard to tell if it is moving and we dont even see a triangle ( yes i know you it faded before you started filming!!) It could be a number of things in reality, but nobody will be able to give you that information, only guess work.

Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

tac..........KUDOS! KUDOS! KUDOS!

This is exactly the same thing my daughter and I saw last month at (or around) 9:30pm flying from the south, traveling due north. I was pointing out the constellations to my daughter, Jade, while star gazing and she noticed a star moving from the west. I told her it was a satellite that is repositioning. We see them routinely. What was strange, the satellite moved to a position in the southern sky, then rotated out of view. About 20 seconds later, the triangular shape appeared. It moved from the south. We could not see any form or fuselage, just three bright lights (in a triangle) moving north. We watched it for about ten seconds, then I ran in to get my wife and camera, but when I came back out, it was gone.

I was an eerie feeling we had, almost as if the satellite moved over track it.

Your picture is spot on! I posted about our observation in another thread, but didn't start a new thread because I didn't have a picture. Your picture is worth more than words. We saw it here, over Arkansas.........thanks for your post.
edit on 6-6-2011 by thestillborn1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by thestillborn1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join