It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting For Dad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
He's with you!
He's inside of you in every cell,
His DNA provided half of every cell in your body

Talk to him, ask for a sign, pray for enlightenment.
Remember the good things, forgive him his faults.
The truth is I am sure you would rather live with the pain of losing him,
than never have known him at all.
The pain never goes away, one just learns to live with it, and eventually
it hurts less.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Listen & watch for a sign

edit on 6/5/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

What beautiful and comforting words! I lost my father about two years ago to a massive stroke. He was a remarkable man. We were extremely close and we loved and respected each other very much. We weren't always so close though. Our relationship was complicated. He had been verbally abusive for most of my teen years and I was admittedly a troubled, difficult teenager. It took years of work and fixing the broken places to forge that closeness. But here's the painful and tragic part: My husband and I moved very far away from my parents about six months before my dad passed away. Dad was furious at us for leaving and he took it personally. He ended up lashing out at us very bitterly and we stopped speaking. When my dad had the stroke and passed away, he and I had not spoken in over six months. I have found very little comfort or release from the guilt and pain of losing him. I know your post was directed to transubstantiation, but your touching words have given me some respite too. Thank you.

Oh, and on-topic, while I am a skeptic about such things, I think maybe, just maybe, my dad has appeared to me a couple of times, once or twice in dreams, and a couple of other small ways. Miss him dearly.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
My dad died when I was a child and although I was upset at the time, it didn't really properly register with me until I was in my teens, and whilst I never actually saw him, I most definitely felt his presence during several traumatic times during my late teens. The last time I felt his presence was just after my daughter was born, and that communication made me make a life changing decision. I've never felt his presence since, but I'm not sad about this, I obviously don't need him to be there for me now, which is a good thing.

But believe me, your dad will always be with you and as others have said, sometimes the signs are very subtle, but I'm sure you'll pick up on them when you need them, just don't have any preconceived ideas about what those signs will be, and don't try to force it, you will recognise them when you get them!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Thanks, i will look for signs, i haven't had any of the signs you mention yet and i don't want to start reading normal everyday things as a sign. Also as the bible says not to expect the dead to reappear i don't know what to believe.
I am not religious but unless i hear his voice or see him how do i know it's not a bad spirit. Even then it's said that evil can impersonate the dead, i don't know what to believe anymore. I read so many different viewpoints on here.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Yes, he has died, i am from England and don't usually use euphemisms but it's sometimes hard to state the bald fact, have you had anyone close to you die yet?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dalloway

Yes, they are beautiful words, i have never thought of it like that before but i see my dad now in the shape of my forehead and hairline and especially my colouring.
I too had a rocky relationship with my dad in my teenage years but as a little girl i was so proud to walk down the street with him. Everyone seemed pleased to see him and he knew so many people. He was a lot like a young Michael Caine, very witty and he had an old Morris Oxford car which we would drive around in, this was in the sixties when i was about 6-7 years old.
I too lived away from him but kept meaning to return to my home town, foolishly i thought he had another ten years left because of his dad living to be 79, so it came as a big shock when i got the news that he had died.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

My friend, if by "gone" you mean he died - which I am very sorry to hear (although I'm sure HE is fine) - I might as well as tell you right now that none of the people I know ever got to receive a visitation of any kind from their departed ones right after they died; most NEVER experienced it.
(An aunt of mine and myself did experience the sudden apparition of a characteristic scent, a perfume that another aunt used to wear. However, this did not happen until two or three years after her death. And we weren't wishing she would make her presence known to us, or anything like that. It just happened. Who knows what that was.)

I am not telling you this to distress you - it's quite the opposite.
What I want to point out to you is that reading websites like this one perhaps isn't the best way to deal with your grief. Such websites attract a lot of people who either have genuine "odd" experiences - or WISH they had them because they cannot cope with the reality of their lives, so they tend to see "paranormal" elements in the most mundane and easily explicable events.

What I am saying is, NOBODY really knows for sure the details of what happens after death, although I do believe we know all the answers in the stillness of our greater Mind.
In order to find this timeless stillness, go away from the internet and go to nature which facilitates such states of mind; or just find that still point within yourself in any way you can.
Then you will know that EVERYTHING IS ALL RIGHT.

edit on 6-6-2011 by AdAstra because: Indignation makes me misspell things

edit on 6-6-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I can't believe I forgot about this. Although it is true that my grandparents have not made any attempt at communication after their deaths (at least not that I'm aware of), I believe they did before their deaths....It was September and I was walking to work. That day it was freezing. The weather was horrible. High winds and freezing, stinging rain pelted at me. As I was crossing a bridge I looked down at the river's rocky shoreline. Standing about 5 inches from the shore in the water stood a little blue heron. I immediately stopped in my tracks. This bird seemed to really be eyeing me too. I live in northern Maine, where little blue herons are rare. (I think). My grandparents lived in Florida (I did as well as one time) where herons are a very common sight. I suddenly felt the presence of my grandpa very strongly. The next day, he died. I again saw a little blue heron in the same river shortly before my grandma died 3 months later. Before and since then I have NEVER seen a heron again in this area.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I did the same thing, calculating how many years I would have left with my dad. That's probably one of the reasons I didn't just pick up the phone and call him. I told myself he'd be here for at least another 15 years and that we'd eventually make up and everything would be okay. It makes me sick at my stomach to think about it. My dad and I were so alike. My mom and he had been visiting my sister in TX right before the stroke, and my sister told me that they had talked about me and that he had said almost the exact same thing to her -- that we would eventually make up and everything would be okay. So stupid of us. Such a tragic way to learn the lesson that life is fleeting and that you should never push away those you love because you never know when you are going to lose them.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation
reply to post by Vicky32

Yes, he has died, i am from England and don't usually use euphemisms but it's sometimes hard to state the bald fact, have you had anyone close to you die yet?

Oh I understand! Yes, I have lost most of my family, most recently, my remaining brother. I can say "died", what I can't do it mention causes (especially regarding my brother's death, though I have mentioned it in this thread) , so I know how you feel...
I didn't mean to sound so critical, it's simply that I really had not understood you at first! (Which could have caused offence, as I said.)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I understand! My father in law was killed a little over 5 years. He was 18 minutes from clocking out and less than a month away from retirement when a crane boom broke and fell... crushing him as he stepped in to push a younger man away from the danger. My husband to this day is heartbroken and I know that he would give anything to see or hear from his dad just one more time... even in a dream.... it changed us all as I grew up down the road and called him dad for many years before I married his son!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Let me just say this my friend: if it is truely him...he will find a way so you know it and nothing or no one else.
And about religion? Im religious too...but remember this for comfort...even Jesus reappeared to his apostles after they knew (in their frame of reference) that he had died.

I said love transcends all? It does. And true and real, honest family love...is one you will recognize immediately as your loved one(s)...I believe he is reaching out to you, and will continue until you get the message....and in its own time.

Good luck, God Bless and have hope!

PS? The part of your heart that is BROKEN with loss....is the crack your loved one will use....to return by.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join