It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting For Dad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My dad has been gone two and a half years now and i haven't heard from him, had a sign or seen his spirit although i have been waiting expectantly. He wouldn't just go like this with no word of explanation as to where he is or whats happening now. Unless there is no life after death, which i want to believe in as i hear that most other people on here get to see their loved ones usually straight away on the day of the funeral or soon after death.
It feels like there's this silence waiting to be filled with his voice or a sign as to where he is now, is there more for us after death or is everyone making things up. Why can't i see MY daddy, are there other people still waiting for the silence to be filled.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Firstly, I am extremely sorry for the grief you are experiencing. Secondly, I don't know what I believe but something inside me say's there is a beyond out there somewhere. Let me give you an example, I was at gallipoli in Turkey a few years back, and as I crossed the stones of countless people in their twenties and younger, a shadow stood in front of me. It was so sad lonely and felt to me like it was searching for something. It vanished into some bushes that laid on the outskirts of the memorial. At that moment I was searching for something myself a reason why all the madness happens in the world. You know what I found? Sometimes things that happen can't be explained, and there are those still searching for the reasons in the silence and darkness of cold stones and earth. Your father maybe doing the same thing you are. Searching for a reason why he is no longer here but I am sure he still loves you. Good luck.
edit on 6/5/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/5/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well, ultimately, the truth is, no one knows.

I know I have seen ghosts before, but when my Uncle died, I wanted to have him come to me in a dream, just to let me know he was okay. I was confused to learn that it seems he came to my mom in a dream. He told her " no one else was open enough for him to be able to communicate with them"

Now,keep in mind, that could have just been a weird dream... But my mom truly believes it was him visiting her. I do to.

On a side note, the dream came a couple years after he died. My aunt met a great guy and it seems my uncle wanted to make sure that this guy was going to be good to her. My mom never liked my uncle... She always said he was not good enough for her... In the dream he said that he was glad he could get through to her, because if anyone will speak the truth about whether or not a guy is good enough for her, it's her!

I... don't know for sure, why he has not come to see you. But, I thought maybe that dream my mom had, might help a little bit. I believe it was really him visiting her... And taking that into account, perhaps he has not visited you for the same reason my uncle never visited me... Some how " You are not open enough to it"?

Well, I am hoping your Dad does come visit you for sure...

And I am sorry to hear that he has passed on....

Peace and love.

Ex

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
He's with you!
He's inside of you in every cell,
His DNA provided half of every cell in your body

Talk to him, ask for a sign, pray for enlightenment.
Remember the good things, forgive him his faults.
The truth is I am sure you would rather live with the pain of losing him,
than never have known him at all.
The pain never goes away, one just learns to live with it, and eventually
it hurts less.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Listen & watch for a sign

edit on 6/5/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I too lost my Dad. When he was dying we decided that after he went I would find a medium. We arranged that he would try and communicate the name of my eldest persian cat, then I would know it was him.

I left it a while. Like you, I was consumed by grief, and desperately wanted him to contact me in some way.

I found an institute in Belgravia, London which teaches and researches mediumship. It blew me away. She said amongst other things, "he is insistant that I say persian cats to you, who has persian cats? this is very loud and insistant".

I took huge comfort from that session, I couldn't explain how she could have done the reading. I told her nothing, she didn't know me. She used his colloquialisms. She didn't do the generic stuff that telly mediums do. It was personal and relevent.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My beliefs on life after death are a bit grey. I am a Christian... so according to my "beliefs", there aren't spirits wandering around in a spirit world. It's heaven or hell. BUT I have encountered things which make me believe in a spirit world very much.
Anyway, look for subtle signs. You may not necessarily see him. An example: 15 minutes after my friend got a call that her mother died, she went upstairs into the bathroom and there was a bat flying around in her bathroom. It was January.... She didn't have the best relationship with her mother and she was certain that this was either a sign from her mom or her moms spirit.

I am so sorry for your loss. And I can imagine your want to connect with him so badly is probably just as bad as the loss itself. Hang in there.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

edit on 5-6-2011 by sinthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am sorry as well for your loss...I lost my Dad too. I propose to you that perhaps he HAS come? You may not have realized it as such. There are many ways, hints, signs and methods of reaching out. Some are obvious, others are obscure.
The ring on the phone and no caller ID? The lone bird that flies out of place and peers at you thru the window when others do not...like it KNOWS you. Your dad is part of a world we cannot visit until our own turn. There may be untold numbers of ways and will take their time to show up. Some right away. (my mom and my brother)...and my dad (years). Dont try and expect you will know it when it happens...you may not. It may take awhile to sink in that it was him, for his now is an entirely different world he moves thru.

Be patient. Dont expect a video tape, CD picture, or smell of the exact way he was in life...and I think thats what you are counting on, and maybe he has been and is still trying to get you to realize why the lights flicker, or you smell his cigars or clothes...or some of his favorites shows come on....you just need to look for the signs...and recognize them as such. Think out of the box.....he'll come...or he already has...and I suppose he'll continue until he knows...that YOU know...it's him..
Peace friend.............

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have seen my father around 6 times - my mother has never seen him.

He has been dead five years.

She wants to see him too much.

Let it go then let it happen....

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

A few days before my brother took his own life he appeared to me in dream crying saying that he is sorry and just couldn't do it anymore. I realized after the fact that he was telling me that he was giving up on life. However, I have never been contacted by him after the fact.

I knew he had spiritual struggles and during the time that led up to his death, I had been praying for his eternal soul. Some people who are Christians believe that those who take their lives would end up in hell, but there is nothing in the Bible that supports this idea.

After a while, I was praying to God becuase I was curious as to what happened to him. During that prayer, I saw his face/being surrounded by an empty space. He had consciousness, but was disoriented. He didn't understand where he was or what led up to his current state of being. There was another being with him who I could not see but I knew was there and the being was explaining things to him.

Over the course of my life, I've come to believe that human spirits are actually reincarnated after death. Although I was raised in a Christian church that would disagree, there are places in the Bible that actually have supporting scripture for this theory.

It's very possible that your father's memory has already been wiped clean and he is on his way to a new life. Either here on Earth or in another realm as a continuation of the spiritual journey its seems we are all on. I believe that our experiences here on Earth is just one part of it.

Although it would be sad for you not to see him again, it might be a good sign if he is no longer hanging around Earth but actually moving on to something new.

Also I would caution you to be wary of pyschics who communicate spirits. Yes, these kinds of people are able to tap into the spiritual world, but they can not verify the identity or soure of their information. It could just be a seducing spirit who is tapping into your emotions and thoughts and then feeding it back to the psychic to tell you. If you put your guard up, most psychics can't read you because the spirits they use are usually just reading our mind and emotions. Psychics dont' even bother approaching me, they know I know.
edit on 5-6-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It has been a few years since I lost my Father and I havn't seen nor heard anything from him either. He and my Mom had a love like no other, so deep and strong. I thought if anyone would have had a sign from him, it would be her, but she hasn't seen or heard anything either. I do believe that there is life after death and that my Father is in a better place now. I suppose we should be relieved in a way that our Dad's are not bound to the earth and have gone where they need to be.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I am still waiting for my grandparents (my dad's parents) to announce themselves in any way. They both passed away in 2009 3 months apart. I wonder sometimes if I'm not special enough to warrant such kinds of visits or communication.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawny2222

Shawny, be glad that your grandparents have moved on to where they belong, to a better place. Of course you are special. I'm sure they loved you deeply and still do and someday you will all be reunited. I am sure they would want you to go on in your life knowing that you are special and loved.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Thanks for all your kind posts, i am hoping that the reason he hasn't appeared to me or given any obvious sign is because he has moved on to another realm and is not bound to the earth. This was suggested by at least two posters and was a point of view that i had not considered before. Maybe ghosts that hang around are unhappy or stuck here somehow. It's something i hope to find the answer to one day when i die. My dad didn't believe in anything being after death so maybe that has a bearing on things too. He thought people just comforted themselves with thoughts of heaven, i hope he has found this to be wrong and that he is sitting talking to his hero Elvis somewhere.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

I am telling you! Look around! He may be reaching out in some subtle gentle way right now. Pay attention.Calls with no one there, lights that flicker, or pennies and change that appears when it wasnt there before...dont look for him in the flesh the way you remembered...but look for SIGNS. He may be trying as hard as you to get thru....Peace

PS My brother reached me from the other side soon after he passed. He used to say that phrase from the Beatles song "#9, #9, #9, #9, num-ber NINE!"

One day there was a message on my phone... only it DIDNT EVEN RING! Guess what is said?
"999-999-9999". Im POSITIVE it was him. Look for things like that from your Dad. Love...is the strongest thing there is and can transcend ALL!!!!
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: !!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation
My dad has been gone two and a half years now and i haven't heard from him, had a sign or seen his spirit although i have been waiting expectantly. He wouldn't just go like this with no word of explanation as to where he is or whats happening now. Unless there is no life after death, which i want to believe in as i hear that most other people on here get to see their loved ones usually straight away on the day of the funeral or soon after death.
It feels like there's this silence waiting to be filled with his voice or a sign as to where he is now, is there more for us after death or is everyone making things up. Why can't i see MY daddy, are there other people still waiting for the silence to be filled.

Can I just clarify? By 'gone' do you mean he died? I find this use of euphemism (by both Americans and PI New Zealanders) very confusing!
Please, when you mean 'died', say so! I thought you meant he'd simply disappeared, never come home from work or something similar... If I had replied on that assumption, I would have caused offence and I don't want to do that.
V

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You have to understand, that while most spirits who pass on to the otherside to try to make an attempt to show their love ones that they have passed on, it does require alot of effort, and the spirits are extremely overwhelmed when they crossover for quite a while- re-acclimating to spirit life. Also, he may have chosen to reincarnate, which is why you havent heard from him. Asking or begging for a sign from him, of the after life is a fruitless effort which will only hurt you. Waiting is excrusiating and you may never hear from him. But it doesent mean he isnt living on. He is just either- here on earth or up in the afterlife unable to hear from you. We have all lived thousands of lives and have hundreds of children, mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters that he is remembering and getting back in touch with. It is very difficult for spirits who have crossed over to "heaven" to communicate with earth. It is very easy for earthbound spirits to do so- because they are already here. I believe your father has moved on. Should you seek an answer to the afterlife questions, seek and you shall find your answers. Just dont play with Ouija boards.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
A few days before my brother took his own life he appeared to me in dream crying saying that he is sorry and just couldn't do it anymore. I realized after the fact that he was telling me that he was giving up on life. However, I have never been contacted by him after the fact.

I knew he had spiritual struggles and during the time that led up to his death, I had been praying for his eternal soul. Some people who are Christians believe that those who take their lives would end up in hell, but there is nothing in the Bible that supports this idea.

After a while, I was praying to God becuase I was curious as to what happened to him. During that prayer, I saw his face/being surrounded by an empty space. He had consciousness, but was disoriented. He didn't understand where he was or what led up to his current state of being. There was another being with him who I could not see but I knew was there and the being was explaining things to him.

Over the course of my life, I've come to believe that human spirits are actually reincarnated after death. Although I was raised in a Christian church that would disagree, there are places in the Bible that actually have supporting scripture for this theory.

Mary, my condolences! My only brother did the same thing 7 years ago, and I am stillin bits about it...
I had several dreams after his death, 4 of which I remember vividly, 1 horrible but the other 3 ok, and 1 of them was very encouraging indeed about his continued life...
My brother had all the symptoms of clinical depression (my tertiary studies at the time covered that condition just a short while before!) but when I tackled him, he just said "I'm okay, don't worry". Well, he manifestly wasn't!
I believe he's ok, that the brain chemistry problems that blighted his last year of,life are gone, and he sees things clearly. Ironically, I was a believer in reincarnation before G., died (we used to argue about it) but I am not any more...
Vicky

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The only person I know personally who has claimed to see somebody after they have died was my mother. She claimed to see her father around the moment he died in some type of dark void area looking much as he did when he was alive. He told her to take care of her mother. Then he disappeared. I can't say for sure she actually saw anything. I know I haven't seen anything of the sort myself.

If there is an afterlife and the dead do communicate with the living, it is apparently a very rare thing. Like winning the jackpot in a multi-million dollar lottery.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Frith because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join