It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Human Beings the Rats of This World?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
No. Rats cannot read their own blueprint. We are just learning to do so. We are, as a species, like teenagers. Running around full of our own importance and thinking only of the now and our urges.

We'll grow up. I believe the situation will stabilize as we overcome the limitations of evolution and take control of our own biological development. We will live better for longer and breed less. Population will stabilize and technology will overcome our need to ravish the natural world.

It really wasn't so long ago we sat in trees scratching our butts and eating fruit. Look how much we've grown. Be ashamed of our mistakes be don't write us off. We are just getting started.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Ahhh but your presuming we "evolved" from apes

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What does it matter if we, or anything else, goes extinct, if we are only biological machines?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sussy
Are we over breading, running around spreading diseases, destroying the area we chose to live in?
Are we eating our way through the resources of food that we greatly consume, with an intensity of manic proportions?
Do we all look to the ground, ignoring all around us, intent on our own daily routine, scurrying to get from one place to another?
Are we a mass of infected animals, creating havoc, moving in a tide of destruction with an in built genetic flaw of self preservation?
Just a thought.....

I would say we are the humans of the world, and rats are the rats of the world......

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sussy

No.
are misled. But some behave as so.Be well

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why insult rats like that?

We just "are" like many people have pointed out. We are animals like all animals, and all animals if given the opportunity to eat and breed themselves to extinction will do so. Including us.

I think the thing that disgusts me most thoroughly about humans is that we alone among animals COULD choose differently, but we dont/wont.

Instead of using our enhanced reasoning and intelligence to choose better, we use our enhanced reasoning and intelligence to justify making the same bad choices any "lower" animal would make. We dont use our intelligence to raise ourselves above the "nasty brutish and short" game, we use it to play it harder.

Naked chimps in clothes, frantically stuffing things into and popping things out of our orifices. Totally controlled by the basest instincts.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Don't be silly, the rats are the rats of this world.

Beep Beep the yellow bus has arrived...you can have the seat with the apple flavoured window!

edit on 5-6-2011 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by krakencampbell
Text Blue
I believe that humans are not rats, but a virus intead. A virus will consume all resources until there are non left, then move on to a new host. We are most like that. We consume everything, and give nothing in return but a polluted evironment. Perhaps one day we will learn to co-exist with our planet. Maybe. But until then, we are nothing more than a virus consuming everything in it's path. And I dare anyone to call me a tree-hugger! I cut and burn trees for my camp fire. But only what I need at the moment. And I always plant a new tree for the one I cut. But this is just my opinion.

Sort of true

But its the Royal Famiyl and government and illuminati that are the virus

They just duped us and used about 30-40 generations of stupid humans to colonziation and technologize (is that even a word) the world

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
An analogy is an analogy. I could of said locus but then the locus bandwagon would of been on my tail. The point was how humans are eating, stripping, polluting this earth of ours. Sometimes I cannot believe some of the comments from some ATS members.
I'm sorry but yellow buses with apple eating windows are not necessary thank you very much.
edit on 5-6-2011 by sussy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
we are definitly the lowest life form/creature in our solar system....

and btw rats are very intelligent, high advanced creatures with abilitys we humans can just dream about...just imagine to have their teeth and or survival instinct...
edit on 5-6-2011 by Hessdalen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Not ALL humans are the rodent population of Earth....some of them are,of course,but not all...maybe throw-a-aways and welfare drones

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Are we over breading, running around spreading diseases, destroying the area we chose to live in?
Are we eating our way through the resources of food that we greatly consume, with an intensity of manic proportions?

Yes and no... In parts of the Northern Hemisphere there is lots of land still full of natural resources, Canada as an example has basically 10% of the entire population of the United States but has a larger land mass than America. Most of humanity/society chooses to live in warmer climates creating denser populations consuming many, but not all, local natural resources faster than they can be replenished. Not to mention unable to mine areas because of the location of cities and population dispersal and the growth of society as a whole.

I fully think we are killing the ocean and I personally have not eaten anything from the ocean since the Gulf spill... I just saw a post today about global fish stock levels in decline. Grains are growing, but GMO foods are fully integrated into the food chain. Beef, Chicken and Pork are mass produced... I'm not a vegetarian, I hate PETA, but just think about it... ever go to the grocery store and there is no meat? Watch the movie called Food Inc.

Lot's of produce is shipped from warmer climates to the northern ones though, so the population hasn't reached a critical level were it can no longer export produce and feed the local population.

Do we all look to the ground, ignoring all around us, intent on our own daily routine, scurrying to get from one place to another?
Are we a mass of infected animals, creating havoc, moving in a tide of destruction with an in built genetic flaw of self preservation?
Just a thought.....

If you look at the ground all you will see is the ground...
but I know what you mean, and I attribute that to population density (non-professional opinion) but my life and my city both started small... as I have grown, my city has grown (very rapidly from 97' to 05'... guessing between 300 and 400,000 added to the population) The attitude of the city changed in that time... it lost some of it's innocence, it's friendliness.

As for infected animals, creating havoc... well, you reap what you sow and when I look around me I don't see any sense of self preservation... I see humans dependent on society that don't think about the day when that society will collapse.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

When does the tipping point happen? What will break 1st? food, disease,fuel, wealth?

Our demise is already underway; food was first, disease second..

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
rats are very intelligent, high advanced creatures with abilitys we humans can just dream about..

My cats don;t think so.
But then they have tails too. Humans are the only mammal with no tail. Ah, maybe Harvard an Yale will get to that someday next century when we recover from this epic failure.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by He11o

Depends on how you look at it... food has fallen 1st to GMO corporations but not production levels. Even though we will see higher food costs in the near future, many factors are affecting it and I believe it will be temporary unless we experience more "natural" disasters... or if you are living in America... it might not be temporary due to money problems... that said America is a bread basket and no matter what happens on the global economic scale, America has the ability to feed itself.

Disease... As much as the Government and the media hype it, society has not had a "super-bug" that has killed off large portions of the population in recent history.

Still have lots of fuel... That's a rigged market. Oil people like it at $100 as they all make money, governments have been printing money, devaluing the fiat, so prices have gone up... but it's price is still based massively on speculation of demand. Have we hit peak oil yet? Not sure, but if we have, and we are using it left right and center with not enough reserves to last a good 4 or 5 decades... then we as a society have left the corporate bastards at the helm for too long and they have sold us cheap energy to line their pockets without raising the price to limit the market supply on a ratio to the natural supply. If we suddenly run out of energy without a natural rise in costs (until new resources are discovered) then we would be screwed.

Wealth is being destroyed right now... more in America and the EU than anywhere else, but TPTB have waged an economic war against the sleeping masses. This economic war is expanded by the incursions into Libya... The western world is using it's GDP and exporting it in the form of bullets and bombs into Libya, destroying that countries wealth and infrastructure. War is the destruction of progression of a society.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DesertedIsland

You would be surprised what people would do if their televisions were taken away from them and they were forced to make-do with the bare necessities.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

hahahahahaha, americans....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by He11o

We have tails...they just have withdrawn....look inside the cap at the end of the spine("tailnbone")...a hollow cup in which you find two or three hairs....whats left of humans tails....during WW2 GI's who spent hours riding on hard seats developed an infection called"jeep seat",an inflammation of that bone and its contents...tails we have...just not long ones

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

What I see are mutated experiments, but keep that one to yourself.

I believe this video would match your sentiments:

edit on 7-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join