It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Human Beings the Rats of This World?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Are we over breading, running around spreading diseases, destroying the area we chose to live in?
Are we eating our way through the resources of food that we greatly consume, with an intensity of manic proportions?
Do we all look to the ground, ignoring all around us, intent on our own daily routine, scurrying to get from one place to another?
Are we a mass of infected animals, creating havoc, moving in a tide of destruction with an in built genetic flaw of self preservation?
Just a thought.....

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Pretty much if looking at it from a non-human's point of view.
edit on 5-6-2011 by MikeBoss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm not breeding(Not planning on it in the near future)barely eat(Coffee addict) and don't pollute. Yes, humans are the rats of the world but do I want to die at this moment ? Hell no.
Raise your glass to life and embrace it, peace

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
nope...rats are

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
We are the Velociraptor of the mammal world…. We eat, kill, extinct, destroy all life we come in contact with....

2nd line

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sussy

Are we over breading, running around spreading diseases, destroying the area we chose to live in?
Are we eating our way through the resources of food that we greatly consume, with an intensity of manic proportions?

Most of this is not our fault, well, kind of is. The ones in control are the rats spreading the diseases and what not, but the majority of people seem to be, well... sheep.
They just go along with it.

Do we all look to the ground, ignoring all around us, intent on our own daily routine, scurrying to get from one place to another?

Sort of, but push a person far enough and he'll eventually push back. I don't think they've broken humanity to a crying little baby yet. I hope... When the people's day to day life becomes seriously hindered, they will start to oppose. Again, I'm hoping. It may be too late by then though, which is why we need to sound the alarms now -- part of that is done by sites like this one.

Are we a mass of infected animals, creating havoc, moving in a tide of destruction with an in built genetic flaw of self preservation?
Just a thought.....

To put it bluntly, we're a mass of tools. When people realize - "awaken" - they will learn to go against the stream rather than with it. They fire the first shot in the crowded room that is Earth, and our fear drives us to fight each other to survive or run away and hide in the corner. Rather than harm each other, we should check for the guy with the smoking gun...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I equated Humans to rats after reading many topics on ATS about China's pollution, Nuclear horror of Japan, India's environmental and Human costs. Then the vast plains of America's food industry. And even though I am happy with my lot and am a contributor to all the things Ive pointed out, I do wish there was another way to live on this planet.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I wouldn't say rats, but if you consider the universe as one giant living system, then we would be the cancer in the universe. Slowly consuming all the resources of this planet, and killing off whatever life that is not considered important to us. Once this is done, we move on to the next "inhabitable planet".
Leaving a trail of death in our wake.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Ever watch Joe Rogan? We aren't the rats... we are the bacteria, and we're here to eat the sandwich.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
you dont see rats complaining about them being rats, why should we?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DesertedIsland
you dont see rats complaining about them being rats, why should we?

Best line ever!

You are right, depression will make you seem like a rat though. If anybody gets to that point.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Text Blue
I believe that humans are not rats, but a virus intead. A virus will consume all resources until there are non left, then move on to a new host. We are most like that. We consume everything, and give nothing in return but a polluted evironment. Perhaps one day we will learn to co-exist with our planet. Maybe. But until then, we are nothing more than a virus consuming everything in it's path. And I dare anyone to call me a tree-hugger! I cut and burn trees for my camp fire. But only what I need at the moment. And I always plant a new tree for the one I cut. But this is just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Rats, sheeple, parasites...

We need to stop bad mouthing ourselves, take a second to appreciate all we have achieved despite the obstacles, seen and unseen.

And then we need to realise that no matter how much surface corrosion and pollution has coated our minds, always under the surface is the principle of love - the recognition and respect for other conciousness, human or not.

It wouldn't take much to end any particular conflict, a gesture here or there, genuine and without condition, and hearts would melt.

A tool is required to peek under the crust of crap that clings to our thoughts, then we would see how easy it really is.

The doors of perception are always amenable to a nudge, and a shining, gem laden city awaits our arrival.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
i dont know but we wouldnt be at the top of the food chain if what we are doing doesnt work for us.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by krakencampbell
Text Blue
I believe that humans are not rats, but a virus intead. A virus will consume all resources until there are non left, then move on to a new host. We are most like that. We consume everything, and give nothing in return but a polluted evironment. Perhaps one day we will learn to co-exist with our planet. Maybe. But until then, we are nothing more than a virus consuming everything in it's path. And I dare anyone to call me a tree-hugger! I cut and burn trees for my camp fire. But only what I need at the moment. And I always plant a new tree for the one I cut. But this is just my opinion.

maybe thats just our way of life? you don't see spiders stop spinning webs cause it kills harmless insects. Its our way of surviving, no different to a virus ill say

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Some ideas:

If you took the biomass of all the termites in the world, it would exceed that of humans.

15% of the worlds population consume 75% of the worlds resources.

In other words, there are greedy individuals eating all the food, and there is plenty of room for more people if they did not take so much of the pie for themselves.

Generally, when we talk about overpopulation, rich people generally are afraid to live like poor people, so they kill the poor people so they can remain rich...
edit on 5-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

Think about it, you clothes for instance, all those children working for 5c an hour, so you can have the latest shoes or clothes, that you throw away in six months? There are entire factories that support our excess in the Western world, the Western world has made the rest of the world its slave, and now it wants them exterminated as it is being outnumbered, when there is really plenty of food and room for everyone.

Think of all the useless plastic crap that people have, how much junk they consume, who is making it? Think of all those cars, all that food that we waste, it is really arrogant for the Western world to complain about overpopulation in the third world.

In other words, the Western world has a pyramid-scheme monopoly over the rest of the world...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Some ideas:

If you took the biomass of all the termites in the world, it would exceed that of humans.

15% of the worlds population consume 75% of the worlds resources.

In other words, there are greedy individuals eating all the food, and there is plenty of room for more people if they did not take so much of the pie for themselves.

yet its those greedy people that have the most money and without them we'll literally be a boring planet

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamesthegreat
Leaving a trail of death in our wake.

yet spreading the gift of life, seeing as the universe is so empty *cough cough*

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DesertedIsland

You have to go back in time and envision a world without the dark ages, and without religious conversion and conquests, without the "empire", and without its technological secrets inherited from the last civilisation.

In terms of being boring, we only have the illusion that our lives are interesting because we are caught up in a fantasy world of entertainments.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
One ecologist, I forget who, called humans a "weedy" species. By this he meant humans, like weeds, are tough and have "hardiness;" i.e., the ability to thrive in many different environments, including relatively unnatural ones. Other examples of weedy species given included rats, pigeons and (logicallyu enough) weeds.

We are turning the planet into a huge empty parkinglot full of poke grass and goldenrod and scableaf and witch's salad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join