It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Human Beings the Rats of This World?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Yea, basically this is Spaceship Earth, and for the foreseeable future it is the only ship we have. If people don't wake up and realize this little fact, well then the spaceship won't be supporting life for us. I read somewhere that entire civilizations have evolved into pure energy forms, which would be like your spirit after your body dies. The human race, at least the Earth humans, are going to evolve into pure energy forms if something doesn't give soon. It seems like when the Earth or whatever other force is out there, decides the biosphere is in jeopardy we have a Mass Extinction Event. After that, the Earth will heal itself and the next series of life forms will forge ahead, possibly even a few humans if they learned from the past. Judging by the situation and condition we find Earth and its inhabitants in today, the seeming natural catastrophes rapidly increasing, and manmade disasters, it appears we are again at the brink. Either we wake up and change or the change will be made for us, even partially by us. If you look at forbidden archaeology or history, it appears there have been many advanced civilizations in the past, even apparent nuclear wars if you believe ancient Indian texts and they all are gone. All the builders of the great stone monolithic structures, etc just disappeared for whatever reason. The human genome project even has found that at some point in our past the number of surviving humans was reduced to mere thousands based on the DNA sequencing similarities. So, will we humans rather quickly turn things around, or are we too late to convince the majority of the population of this spaceship? We are killing off the animal and marine life with alarming regularity now. Even the bees, so important to our food supplies, are disappearing due to ccd.

If you were on a large interstellar space craft with a biosphere to grow food, etc and the condition was rapidly deteriorating, the people on board would realize real quick that drastic action needs to be taken to turn things around if they are to survive the trip. Well, the problem people don't really grasp that we are on a big spaceship that is traveling at tremendous speeds through space and it is the only space ship we have to live on right now. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith in most of the humans to realize the gravity of our situation and work on reversing the problem as quickly as possible. I do believe there are some groups, as evidenced by the Georgia Guide stones, and other charters that do realize it and are going to work on the problem by trying to get rid of most of the humans on the planet since they are not changing the situation themselves. Regardless of what you think about climate change, etc., the way people reacted to changing their lifestyles and doing the things needed to pull back from the brink, regardless if it was real or not, pretty much tells the story about getting a majority of the human population onboard to change. They rebelled at the ideas that were brought forth to cut back on carbon dioxide output; reduce their consumption levels, etc. That is probably all the evidence the clandestine groups that have been planning to get rid of the majority of the human population needed to get the backing to ramp up the extermination campaign, like the new E.Coli bacteria, pandemic flu strains, and whatever else they have in the war chest to get rid of the population with to save the spaceship that we need to keep the species alive.

That is just one way of looking at it. There are other ways too.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

A species that is out of the natural "equilibrium" will either decline rapidly, or grow unnaturally fast until it cannot support itself.
edit on 5-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Humans are more parasitical. Like a tick, we suck the life out of everything.

IRM

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DesertedIsland

Originally posted by jamesthegreat
Leaving a trail of death in our wake.

yet spreading the gift of life, seeing as the universe is so empty *cough cough*

I never said that the universe was empty, what ever made you draw that conclusion from my post

But you are correct, we are spreading the gift of life. The main instinct of of human nature is to procreate and protect the species.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
How can we continue to procreate if the resources, land and food wealth breaks down. When does the tipping point happen? How can humanity keep bubbling up from the surface like black oil, and still sustain itself. It will tip and probably in our lifetime. The billions whom dwell on this earth all have to eat, have dwellings and fuel to survive. What will break 1st? food, disease,fuel, wealth?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
We cant be rats in the true sense of the word.
as they say the rats leave a sinking ship..
and we are still here as the ship goes down..
so rats no..
some other rodent like a rabbit or hamster maybe..

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
reply to post by DesertedIsland

You have to go back in time and envision a world without the dark ages, and without religious conversion and conquests, without the "empire", and without its technological secrets inherited from the last civilisation.

In terms of being boring, we only have the illusion that our lives are interesting because we are caught up in a fantasy world of entertainments.
edit on 5-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

right now, humans have no real purpose to exist, to fill in for that, we have entertainment, without the fantasy world of entertainment, would we all not go insane and perish? unless a great world changing event is to occur...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
We cant be rats in the true sense of the word.
as they say the rats leave a sinking ship..
and we are still here as the ship goes down..
so rats no..
some other rodent like a rabbit or hamster maybe..

that means rats have more wisdom than us, does it not?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

well that would depend on your criteria for wisdom.
and you would also have to look at humans on a case by case basis..
why do they choose to stay ?
i for one am here to get my "end of the world, been there done that" T-shirt
i cant speak for the rest.
but as far as common sense goes i would have t say we are on par with the critters.
wisdom is another thing all together

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Ever wondered that we do not have the technology to leave, or a place to go to? Unless your talking about ascension

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Yes i understand the fact we dont have a way off the rock or another rock to go to yet.
but your right, i do belive in life after death and the games we play and the masks we wear.,
even after we ascended from the cave would we not want to return ?
the earth is so nice to look at and if death wasnt a fear anymore, then why not come back and stay to live out the ride after all we bought the ticket may as well use it.
but feel free to draw your own conclusions.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Yes i understand the fact we dont have a way off the rock or another rock to go to yet.
but your right, i do belive in life after death and the games we play and the masks we wear.,
even after we ascended from the cave would we not want to return ?
the earth is so nice to look at and if death wasnt a fear anymore, then why not come back and stay to live out the ride after all we bought the ticket may as well use it.
but feel free to draw your own conclusions.

The only problem is we still don't know what happens after death, for all we know, we could wake up in a pod and realize our life on earth was a reality simulator, and we are actually an advanced species that decided to make a simulation to pass the time.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeBoss

You don't have to be non-human to see that humans should be expelled from this planet.
This planet is the ONLY one true miracle you can name, full stop.
There is absolutly nothing at all you can think of or imagine that is as rare as a life-sustaining planet. They are rarer than rocking-horse s**t and hen's teeth, and most definately rarer than dark matter, anti matter, black holes or pulsars.
So, what do we humans DO with this most precious, rare planet?

We pump oil into it's atmosphere and oceans, non-stop, all day, every day, at ever increasing rates.
We burn forests, chop forests and we grow concrete and steel over as much of the surface as we can.
We purge every area of wildlife and we take their habitats as we go.
And then some.

You don't have to be non-human to know we are the ONLY plague this planet faces and we should be expelled.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

maybe some people do know whats behind the veil, but just dont talk about it or they get labeled as mad and crazy when they do.
yes i belive this is a simulation, but its deeper then that.. everything from the cave of plato to the matrix and alice in wonderland..
i have many threads to my belief structure that many woud say are the musings of a mad man..
when i was given the option to take the red or blue pills, well i took both and then leaped into the abyss.
the rest they say is history..
what im really looking at now is how many layers deep is the simulation now..
how far down do the turtles go and is it turtles all the way up as well..

edit on 5-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Yes I have always thought that as well, we could be inside a simulation that's inside another and so on, inception anyone?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

maybe some people do know whats behind the veil, but just dont talk about it or they get labeled as mad and crazy when they

Got any names? I can think of one guy that was on the news b4 that cheated death but died for like a couple of minutes, the one that knew where they kept his glasses while he was "dead"

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Well names dont matter so much as the stories they tell.
any one who understands the two deaths, of ego and self
many wise men though history say we should die everyday to face our ego and destroy ourselves
to stand in awe of creation and just let go, to take the fall.
for it is only when we have faced death are we truely alive.
So any great culture will have texts on this from the greeks to the chinese and beyond.
you just have to seek them, i can only show you the door, you have to walk in yourself.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sussy

We're more like the 3-toed sloths of the world.
'Cept we poop more.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

But many say that it's only at death do you realize what you had, the good old saying - you don't know how much you got till it's gone

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

yes there is always too sides to the coin, but its never really gone unless you choose it to be..
And besides if we dont strip away the shells of reality from time to time we loose ourselves and thats worse then loosing one lifetime
and if we never grow up then we cant journey out into the unknown to seek new diamonds amongst the threads of reality.
so yes we might not realise what we lost until we loose it, we also must venture out into the wilderness to tame the beasts, so we can return a hero.
as when we have truely become eternal is anything ever really gone ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join