It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically Engineered Food Alters Our Digestive Systems!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I noticed that too. The sources provided are known to be sensational in the interest of promoting topics they feel are important. Such sensational but unfounded headlines gains attention and make people cross post, as they have done with this thread, but it ends up blurring the truth of the issue.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
We have been doing this kind of stuff to our body's for thousands of years, did you know at one point in time we could eat raw meat, but with cooking our food we have evolved and lost the bacteria necessary to break down raw meat and so its is now poisonous to us...
t.

Raw meat is not 'poisonous' to humans.
Raw meat is actually very healthful.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Further reading into the links provided:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5469c2b5b2e6.jpg[/atsimg]

GM plants, such as soybean, corn, cottonseed, and canola, have had foreign genes forced into their DNA. The inserted genes come from species, such as bacteria and viruses, which have never been in the human food supply.

Genetic engineering transfers genes across natural species barriers. It uses imprecise laboratory techniques that bear no resemblance to natural breeding, and is based on outdated concepts of how genes and cells work.[4] Gene insertion is done either by shooting genes from a "gene gun" into a plate of cells or by using bacteria to invade the cell with foreign DNA. The altered cell is then cloned into a plant. www.responsibletechnology.org...

Which is then eaten by animals and humans.

The genetic engineering process creates massive collateral damage, causing mutations in hundreds or thousands of locations throughout the plant's DNA.[5] Natural genes can be deleted or permanently turned on or off, and hundreds may change their behavior.[6] Even the inserted gene can be damaged or rearraranged
www.responsibletechnology.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Bt toxins (Bacillus thuringiensis) inserted into GM food crops to kill pests are reaching the bloodstreams of 93% of women and 80% of unborn babies because of the consumption of meat, milk, and eggs from livestock fed GE corn. This could turn bacteria in our intestines into pesticide factories. Animal studies show that DNA in food can travel into organs throughout the body, even into the fetus.

Unborn children... I'm mortified.

This is too much.

some hamster pups even begin growing hair inside their mouths.

No superhero powers here, only disgusting mutations and death.

Yes, no superpowers, only super bugs, like new strains of E.Coli that make lots of extra toxin.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by essjay

I can totally relate to your experience. I had a strange dropping of my immune system through years of my childhood and for 20 years went to doctors, and they just had no clue what was going on. Even my heart was getting weaker. Then one doctor of alternative medicine gave me a list what to eat and what not to eat and now that I think about it, I drank mineral water (we have good ones) and no milk no spices nothing with preservatives, sugars.... and it was amazing, I couldn't even get a flue, my hair was silky and also my eczema were gone. I had many big moles and they dried and disappeared within a year. Doctors just couldn't explain (or wouldn't?!).

The problem is people are not that keen on losing their habits and pleasures. Although I don't see where is the pleasure in being ill from what one eats! Not many want to hear my experience.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
1. All natural & organic diet.

2. Wipe the gut via the essential minerals: oregano oil, peppermint oil, thyme oil

3. Replenish with probiotics from products such as home made kefir (natural dairy sourced), and kombucha

4. Take glutamine powder. 5-30 grams a day, for a week or two.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 as many times as needed.

6. Be the superman or superwoman you were intended to be.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I can relate to that
worn out completely but fighting for the free spirit inside me to stay alive and kickin'...

Me too S & F for the thread Burns

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Very good advice there UE.
That cleanse would be of help to rid the blood of the GE toxin also.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Thanks
I really needed this

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by essjay

I have been speaking to people about a lot of topics lately, the toxins in our food, the lack of food, the fact we are about to have a major food shortage and we will need to all become survivalists, even the issues with space weather that are affecting us, EVERYONE says "oh we wont see anything messed up in our lifetime, it's going to take hundreds of years for that to happen" Why don't people get that IT'S HAPPENING NOW!!!

We ARE in world war III, we ARE killing life all around us, the extinction rate of animals IS rediculous and occuring, we ARE heading for galactic centre, the oil IS in the sea where it really shouldn't be, the earthquakes ARE getting worse, the nutrients in the soil HAVE been depleted!! I could go on and on but i'm sure you get the picture, I am putting my survival plans in place as we speak, and I don't care who thinks i'm crazy!! I can feeeeeeeel the bubbles rising, it's not a joke any more!!

Love to all of ya x

I can feel the bubbles, and I guess I'm crazy too then, but who cares. I get the same answers and comments and that is the reason for my being here to hear and see that others have the same feeling and understanding of happenings as I do.

Love to you too

edit on 4-6-2011 by heartfulloftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yes, and another thing that seems to help with many blood pathogens is high doses of niacin. Do your own research and decide if it's best for you to try it out. I take the version inositol-hexanicotinate, along with ascorbic acid in "high" doses. It integratively helps to repair the body on multiple levels.

reply to post by heartfulloftruth

Welcome. Please u2u me if you need further advice.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Lol.... ok...

Explain why humans have an apendix and what its for. Might help you understand what might be going on.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Thanks for you comments. It does stand to reason that your doc did you very well
as you cut out the toxins, you began to feel much better.

That is the most important part of all of this, taking care of ourselves so we can be well
and strong.

How in the world could we ever feel "good" with a bunch of pesticides in our bodies!

The five major varieties—soy, corn, canola, cotton, and sugar beets—have bacterial genes inserted, which allow the plants to survive an otherwise deadly dose of weed killer. Farmers use considerably more herbicides on these GM crops and so the food has higher herbicide residues. About 68% of GM crops are herbicide tolerant.

The second GM trait is a built-in pesticide, found in GM corn and cotton. A gene from the soil bacterium called Bt (for Bacillus thuringiensis) is inserted into the plant’s DNA, where it secretes the insect-killing Bt-toxin in every cell. About 19% of GM crops produce their own pesticide. Another 13% produce a pesticide and are herbicide tolerant. www.responsibletechnology.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Lol.... ok...

Explain why humans have an apendix and what its for. Might help you understand what might be going on.

The appendix is a storage and production area for the bacteria the gut needs to thrive and be healthy. No appendix equals a major loss of this healthy bacteria and adds to the woes (along side surgical intervention and associated body trauma).

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Thanks for you comments. It does stand to reason that your doc did you very well
as you cut out the toxins, you began to feel much better.

That is the most important part of all of this, taking care of ourselves so we can be well
and strong.

How in the world could we ever feel "good" with a bunch of pesticides in our bodies!

The five major varieties—soy, corn, canola, cotton, and sugar beets—have bacterial genes inserted, which allow the plants to survive an otherwise deadly dose of weed killer. Farmers use considerably more herbicides on these GM crops and so the food has higher herbicide residues. About 68% of GM crops are herbicide tolerant.

The second GM trait is a built-in pesticide, found in GM corn and cotton. A gene from the soil bacterium called Bt (for Bacillus thuringiensis) is inserted into the plant’s DNA, where it secretes the insect-killing Bt-toxin in every cell. About 19% of GM crops produce their own pesticide. Another 13% produce a pesticide and are herbicide tolerant. www.responsibletechnology.org...

I agree, pesticide is bad and causes cell mutation, which in turn causes cancer. That is why the organic movement is significant to a food revolution including agriculture

The most convincing evidence that pesticides are carcinogens comes from epidemiological studies. Farmers who frequently use 2,4-D have a six-fold increase in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Scientists believe that the use of lawn chemicals such as 2,4-D has been a significant factor in the 50% rise in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma over the past 20 years in the American population. (World health Organization. 2,4-D Environmental Aspects. Geneva, Switzerland, 1989.) 2,4-D has also been linked to malignant lymphoma in dogs. Pets are exposed to higher doses of pesticides because they are closer to the ground where concentrations are the highest. Parts of their bodies, such as their scrotum and armpits, are often directly exposed to pesticides. They also ingest pesticides when they are grooming themselves. Studies show that the risk of lymphomas doubled in dogs whose owners treated lawns four times a year. The lawn pesticides, mancozeb and chlorothalonil have been classified by the EPA as "probable" cancer causing chemicals in humans, as they have been found to cause cancer in animals. Mancozeb has also been found to react with sunlight to form a new compound the EPA categorizes as a "known" human carcinogen. The common lawn pesticide 2,4-D has been shown to increase the risk of lymphatic cancer in farmers six times the normal rate, according to a National Cancer Institute report. (Sinclair, W. 18 Studies Show Why Pesticides Are More Dangerous than Previously Realized. Tampa, Florida)

edit on 4-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Cotton?! Had no idea! That would explain some of the irritations and allergies. Thanks for the link.

I am moving soon from the city to have a piece of my own land and would like to grow my own crops and have been trying to find a list of sorts that are not GM but not successfully. I'd appreciate advice or a link. I haven't checked maybe ATS has a thread on that if not we should make one.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by heartfulloftruth

Cotton?! Had no idea! That would explain some of the irritations and allergies. Thanks for the link.

I am moving soon from the city to have a piece of my own land and would like to grow my own crops and have been trying to find a list of sorts that are not GM but not successfully. I'd appreciate advice or a link. I haven't checked maybe ATS has a thread on that if not we should make one.

All Heirloom Organics Seed Packs are 100% Non-Hybrid AND Non-GMO (genetically modified) and specially sealed for long term storage.

www.non-hybrid-seeds.com...

Enjoy

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hi burntheships. I have something important and personal to add to this thread. Genetically modified foods are not the only thing wreaking havoc on our bodies. For years the FDA have also allowed growth hormones to be added to our food supply. For this particular thread, I am specifically referring to feeding growth hormones to cattle to increase milk production. As well as feeding it to pigs and chickens.

I do not raise my own food, so like most others I buy it from the stores. Totally naive to the consequences I would later face in life. At a very young age, I grew a strange tumor on the outside of my uterus that I had to have surgically removed. From that surgery, I grew adhesions all over my insides. Within 3 months, I had to have another surgery to remove the adhesions because they had caused blockages and had grown on and around my organs.

Long story short, I have had 12 surgeries in all due to these adhesions. Every time they opened me up to cut them out, I grew new ones. I eventually lost my gall bladder, appendix, ovaries, uterus, most of my colon, about 6 inches of my small intestine and several lymph nodes.

The cause of all this was/is the growth hormones that I had been ingesting for years via the food I was eating and the milk I was drinking. One can't expect to take growth hormones and not grow something. I can only imagine what the GM food is going to do long term.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Oh thank you thank you thank you , I hope I will make the most of it and enjoy!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher

The cause of all this was/is the growth hormones that I had been ingesting for years via the food I was eating and the milk I was drinking. One can't expect to take growth hormones and not grow something. I can only imagine what the GM food is going to do long term.

I am truly sorry you had to go through all that. I keep getting cervical polyps and reason is due to rise in hormone levels from drinking cow's milk and eating chicken in which by the way I found a kidney stone each time I ate. We are eating ill animals.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join