It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Alabama, a Harsh Bill for Residents Here Illegally

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Like you sir, I worked in construction in NC for years. Framing, roofing, siding my crew did it all. Our boss used to go down to the labor corner and pick up illegals and paid then like $5 an hour. I was getting $12. Can you guess what happened.

The last time I was in NC I ran across my old boss and his entire crew were illegals. All of my friends had lost the jobs they had been working most of their lives. I had to move to a different state to find a decent paying job. Now in the job I have now (a state job) we are beginning to see an influx of illegals in our jobs here. There is a Cargill plant just a few towns over. The town had become known as little mexico and that is right here in the heartland. I went to Minnesota and found that if I didn't speak spanish I couldn't even get served in a fast food joint. Ok it wasn't that bad but had I spoken spanish I wouldn't have had to repeat my order line by line 5 times. Then if you get into the financial aspect of the damage the illegals are doing all you have to do is google California's state financial records. Something like a billion a year spent on educating illegals.

Simple solution, $100k fine per illegal a business hires and enforce it. 2nd offense you lose your business license and 100k fine for each illegal found employed at said business.. 3rd offense 1 year in prison (not jail) and 100k fine for each illegal found working at said business. Make this a nationwide policy and watch the illegals flock back to Mexico or where they are from.

As far as this crap of taking care of my fellow man, fine I do that on a daily basis but the people I help are the ones who are citizens and having hard times because the illegals have taken all the jobs in their chosen fields. I do know that in California the illegals who are agricultural workers are making union wages. So the line that they work super cheap is a smoke screen based totally on outdated data.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

The economy is doing great? Are you serious?

What is unemployment at?
What is the price of fuel?
What is the state of housing?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

What is unemployment at?

Yeah but all those numbers show the serfs getting the shaft not that wealth isn't being created and going into the off shore accounts of the wealthy instead of trickling down like some say it works.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

What is unemployment at?

Yeah but all those numbers show the serfs getting the shaft not that wealth isn't being created and going into the off shore accounts of the wealthy instead of trickling down like some say it works.

Nice to avoid the question.

So, your retort is basically "well, yeah but that's different".
Those are the famous, most touted words of every Liberal I have ever known.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Except the NAU concept doesn't set up rights for Mexicans in Mexico. That is the big difference.

The PTB want the cheap labor, and they don't want that cheap labor supply polluted by constitutional rights that allow average Mexicans to own guns. They might start fighting back and demanding higher wages and safe working conditions.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RichardA

Exactly. That's the only real deterrent-going after the employers. everything else is just fodder for bigots and xenophobes. Which is fine, I guess. But it doesnt actually address the problem. In fact, it AVOIDS the problem by providing a distraction.

Go after the employers.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I think the point is, when times were good and everybody was doing good and everyone had a job that wanted one, we could afford to be lax in the immigration, because there were low end jobs that weren't being filled by citizens.

An understanding, and early on it worked well for everyone, the illegals that were here were grateful and respectful.

But now that money is tight and everyone is tightening their belt, we can't afford to be that generous anymore, we have to close that hole to save our own citizens.

Unfortunate side effect, that we didn't expect, was the legions of anchor babies, and the complete and utter disrespect of our country and our culture. So now we have this 5th column of legal 'citizens' that have zero loyalty to the USA, and absolute loyalty to the illegal immigration agenda.

edit on 5-6-2011 by querious because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2011 by querious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RichardA

The business men hiring the illegals are the real crooks. And they know full well that the people they are hiring are here illegally.

Clinton was prosecuting half a million businesses a year when he left office, and GW immediately put a stop to that.

Going after the businesses who hire the illegals, and corporations who hire contractors who hire the illegals, could be a cash cow for states running out of money.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Not avoiding the questions. Just pointing out that although the economy is said to be bad there are many living a life of luxury. I refuse to fall for the doublespeak.

edit on 5-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Except the NAU concept doesn't set up rights for Mexicans in Mexico. That is the big difference.

The PTB want the cheap labor, and they don't want that cheap labor supply polluted by constitutional rights that allow average Mexicans to own guns. They might start fighting back and demanding higher wages and safe working conditions.

Mexicans already have rights in Mexico. These include the right to bare arms. Hand guns are restricted to .38 cal and under but there is no restriction on long guns or the number that they can own.

Mexican gun laws

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have to laugh whenever I see laws like this being enacted. The very same people who want these laws enacted work for lobbyists who represent companies who capitalize on cheap labor. Its a basic principle, make any commodity illegal and the price can be whatever you want. If weed was legal it would not be nearly as expensive. Likewise, if the agricultural labor and all the other labor being used from these people was legitimized, it would level the playing field, suddenly they would have the right to minimum wage, tax, etc. They would also be harder to intimidate and control. If they are kept illegal they cost the fat cats who use them less, and they dont have to pay a wage competitive with a natural born citizen. So it achieves two goals. One they are scab labor to break the backbone of the middle class, and two, by keeping them illegal you can get away with not paying them any benefits or giving them any rights. This country never fell out of love with slavery.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Not avoiding the questions. Just pointing out that although the economy is said to be bad there are many living a life of luxury. I refuse to fall for the doublespeak.

There will always be people that prosper during every type of economy.
So what.

The economy as a whole sucks. Yet you fail to see where all the promises of Lord Obama have failed. Yet almost all refuse to admit he is a failure.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardA
reply to post by g146541

Like you sir, I worked in construction in NC for years. Framing, roofing, siding my crew did it all. Our boss used to go down to the labor corner and pick up illegals and paid then like $5 an hour. I was getting $12. Can you guess what happened.

The last time I was in NC I ran across my old boss and his entire crew were illegals. All of my friends had lost the jobs they had been working most of their lives. I had to move to a different state to find a decent paying job. Now in the job I have now (a state job) we are beginning to see an influx of illegals in our jobs here. There is a Cargill plant just a few towns over. The town had become known as little mexico and that is right here in the heartland. I went to Minnesota and found that if I didn't speak spanish I couldn't even get served in a fast food joint. Ok it wasn't that bad but had I spoken spanish I wouldn't have had to repeat my order line by line 5 times. Then if you get into the financial aspect of the damage the illegals are doing all you have to do is google California's state financial records. Something like a billion a year spent on educating illegals.

Simple solution, $100k fine per illegal a business hires and enforce it. 2nd offense you lose your business license and 100k fine for each illegal found employed at said business.. 3rd offense 1 year in prison (not jail) and 100k fine for each illegal found working at said business. Make this a nationwide policy and watch the illegals flock back to Mexico or where they are from.

As far as this crap of taking care of my fellow man, fine I do that on a daily basis but the people I help are the ones who are citizens and having hard times because the illegals have taken all the jobs in their chosen fields. I do know that in California the illegals who are agricultural workers are making union wages. So the line that they work super cheap is a smoke screen based totally on outdated data.

You hit the nail on the head. If they REALLY wanted to end illegal immigration they could do it in a week. SEVERELY FINE THE EMPLOYERS, and have 100 percent enforcement. Within a month they would all start to leave. The fines collected could be used to pay for officers and enforcement. But they wont ever go after employers because they dont really want to end illegal immigration, its too profitable for too many people, like your fore mentioned boss.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

There will always be people that prosper during every type of economy.
So what.

The economy as a whole sucks. Yet you fail to see where all the promises of Lord Obama have failed. Yet almost all refuse to admit he is a failure.

The per capita gdp of the country is about $48,600 so that would be an individuals share if there really was wealth distribution. There must be another reason why things are tough because there seems to be enough wealth to take care of everybodies needs.

I don't give a damn about any puppet in office or his/her political affiliation.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Instead of worrying about what others or a few have, why not worry about yourself first.
The GDP means very little to my personal success. I will always find some way to provide for myself and my family.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The GDP is the measure of wealth created for any given year. You can't say the economy is bad while there are vast amounts of wealth being created. The problem is that it isn't trickling down or in the case of hiring of illegals it's trickling into someone elses pockets. Why? because they can trickle less into illegal workers pockets than into legal immigrants or citizens pockets leaving more for themselves.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevooo
reply to post by macman

there are almost no white illegal immigrants. So it is a race issue.

No it isn't, it is a race issue if you make it a race issue- the introduction of their race makes it a race issue, wanting immigration controlled is not a race issue

It is also (more importantly) a legal issue. America doesnt have a high enough birth rate to grow us out of our problems the only solution is an influx of highly motivated workers. They need to be documented & background checked.

This a smokescreen and a lie trotted out by liberal elite across the western world- simply change the benefit system to encourage indigenous FAMILIES to have more kids- if the USA can reach the moon in the 60s I am pretty sure it can try and encourage those living there to have some more kids.........

BTW the apparatus that would be required to "round em up" would be an Orwellian nightmare especially in our PC society example: TSA grouping the elderly & children so as not to offend CAIR

Not really, for those living legally in theUS it would be easy to prove

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

The GDP is the measure of wealth created for any given year. You can't say the economy is bad while there are vast amounts of wealth being created. The problem is that it isn't trickling down or in the case of hiring of illegals it's trickling into someone elses pockets. Why? because they can trickle less into illegal workers pockets than into legal immigrants or citizens pockets leaving more for themselves.

Yeah, and the GDP is now skewed by the Govt in a vain attempt to show China that the books are in the black and not the red?

Sorry, but your logic fails. The economy is bad.

With your logic applied, I ask the following questions.
If it is good, then why hasn't Obama "Spread the wealth" like he promised?
If it is bad, then why hasn't Obama fixed it like he promised?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevooo
reply to post by macman

there are almost no white illegal immigrants. So it is a race issue. It is also (more importantly) a legal issue. America doesnt have a high enough birth rate to grow us out of our problems the only solution is an influx of highly motivated workers. They need to be documented & background checked.

BTW the apparatus that would be required to "round em up" would be an Orwellian nightmare especially in our PC society example: TSA grouping the elderly & children so as not to offend CAIR

Highly motivated workers? Like the 70% of illegals that are on welfare?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's about time! Now everyone needs to pass similar bills.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join