It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Men. Single Women. Lets Make a Pact.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

That is kind of hard to do here. None of us really know each other or even know if any of us are in the same city or geographical area. Then there is the T&C ban on recruiting to consider. Is there a way to meet up with out breaking the T&C's?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Sounds good but you might want to make sure that the person is close by and that you meet, camp or hang out with each other a few times to make sure that your compatible.

You worded this tread nicely...we all have a part, a skillset and asset for a group somewhere...now its just finding it...lol

I am in the Northeast part of the country.
edit on 4-6-2011 by saltdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by kro32
I'm not making a pact with any woman till I get some pics first.
That is my last concern is a SHTF situation. Can she shoot? Can she give CPR? Can she pull her own weight? Much more important. Looks who cares? Looks have become MUCH less important to me than personality since my divorce.

I hear you on that. Looks are nice and all, but when you're in the field or the bush her skills are what count.
And besides, once the lights go out in the night a womans looks don't matter when you get down to sleep moves

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
I hear you on that. Looks are nice and all, but when you're in the field or the bush her skills are what count.
And besides, once the lights go out in the night a womans looks don't matter when you get down to sleep moves
I think in a SHTF situation, celibacy might be best at least for the short to mid-term. The last thing any survival group needs is a pregnant woman along, and I would seriously hate to be a pregnant woman is such a scenario. Later when the group is safely established in a defensible community, different story.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Ok I will join in the pact.
Nice thread..

I have been single for the first time since HS, for about 6 months now, and I also make a pact to not get into another relationship until the SHTF then settles down at this point, cause I feel so happy it's sick.

Ok now since I'm in the pact, what now?

I couldn't help but think of Allen in the '' Hangover 1 an 2 '' when I seen the word pact.

edit on 4-6-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I didn't make a pact with a person, I made it with an organization.

Right now I am in ABQ so I befriended a Zuni women outside Gallup who would let me stay with her if anything happened. They live isolated for the most part and grow there own food, raise there own cattle, etc.
Soon, I am moving back to the east coast to PA (I'm from Manhattan originally). I spent the greater part of my life there and bought a farm next to an the Amish settlement. Again, they live isolated for the most part and grow there own food, raise there own cattle, etc.
If the situation arises these are the people you want to make friends with. They already live like everyone has been talking about for a very long time.
It's one thing to talk the talk, another to walk the walk. There are hundreds of things about living like this that only experience will help with.
Good Luck. . .

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I hope that there was no misunderstanding as I was not trying to recruit anyone on ATS. I was making a suggestion that people would consider based on those that they currently know, and make an informed decision with someone with similar goals for SHTF scenario.

Since I live far away from people that I know with similar interests in survival, I decided to try to find someone that would want to band together for such a situation only. I have the land, the skills, and the drive, I am just fully aware that being alone is not the best idea either.

So, I decided to begin looking for someone that I would have a plan with just for the above scenario, in case I find myself still alone, and I was suggesting the same for others that may find themselves in the same situation.

Though I have one person that is willing, they live over a thousand miles away, and this is good if one of us find ourselves unable to remain where we currently live, I am just looking to find someone in the Midwest so that I wouldn't have to be dependent on someone to reach me if travel is impossible.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I'm in. PM me. I'm in Northern LA, and I've also had little luck finding a group. It's gonna be bad for people in this country when the trucks stop rolling. What skillset you looking for?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Male 45yrs western wa. a few miles from microsoft.

Going to need a pic of the chick's mbr and handgun as well as one of dried food and ammo stocks. Basic skills list as well.

I mean no offense but I just dont want to get saddled with a high maintenance AR platform or a wheat grinding operation when its not needed.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
great survival dating.

ladies men have one thing on their mind anyone who says different is lying.

hell end of the world dudes will try to hook up.

any man who says he has your back is most like; y just looking at you backside.

Not true. Some of us have mothers, daughters, and/or sisters we are alread responsible for anyway, with or without Internet pledges. And some of us will value human beings who just happen to be women for other non-sexual skills, qualities, or traits they might have. Everyone competent can be helpful in danger a d it doesn't matter if they are male or female. In addition to the women already in my family I have a few ex'es who know they can count on sanctuary at my place in a pinch, and this is because they are people I share a history with and care about even though there are no longer any romantic feelings. Life is too complex for reductionism in this way, IMHO.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

you would think and far being from me to tell anyone how to parent.

but anything with relationship with the internet has its hazards

for every one of people like you there are hundreds if not thousands who do not think like you.

last thing i can say here is its your life and your call on this things you do and that goes for everyone.

but for safety sake ponder the unthinkable.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
But anything with relationship with the internet has its hazards

I will agree with you there...everyone should be very careful about this point and should not be meeting up with random strangers off the internet.

edit on 5-6-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Not in the way of recruiting but a regional meetup for likeminded folk.
Call it the unofficial ATS convention.
Take pics and blur faces Etc.
Make plans there.
While it is hard to get a true feeling for a person over the web it is also hard to understand a person from a day or two of talking.
But you can pick up on a persons personality.
Me myself, I'm an antisocial grumpy old fart.
But I already have my shtf buddy as long as she does not shoot me beforehand!

edit on 5-6-2011 by g146541 because: bad spellar

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Text Bluereply to post by NoRegretsEver

In a SHTF deal, all deals would be off. Very few individuals have enough honor to make such a deal. The majority will take you and all you have. I would prefer to have companionship in a situation such as that, but can easily live without it as well. Take it from someone that knows human nature. As a young lad I attended Seminary in the hopes of becoming a priest. I spent four long years without the opposite sex only to be turned away for my lack of faith. All in all, there is only one person in this world I would truely take care of, and expect the same. And that is my son. I started his survival training a year ago. He has come a long way since then. So I would venture in stating that it would be my son and I against all others. Although that could change as he ages. He has just hit the teenage years and has discovered that the opposite sex is remarkably attractive.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'm in!

Seattle Washington here.

'IF' The SHTF, for realz, I can be ready AT LEAST 2 days in advance...

Got my 4X4, guns & ammo, & an endless supply of batteries...
Yes, batteries...

I am the BATTERY man!! lol...

Without out it, how -truly- are we to survive in comfort?
Think about it...
I have every place allready mapped out to get everything I will need...

I'm headin' north btw...

Anyone who wants to join- hit me up...

I allready have several family & friends together.
Each one of us is responsible for bringing what we need...

We only suggest that you have your s*#t together also...

See you on the other side...

Peace

MD

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldave

You should have no problem at all meeting a survival girl when you have an endless supply of batteries. But also be aware some girl things have built in cranks now like flashlights.

just sayin.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You all really making this pact better PM each other and get info, if something happens your ass will be stuck on a tree stump alone if SHTF if you have nothing but a typed pact with a smilly.

I have never joined a survival group, no need to, when survival occurs If you can't make it alone it will be two fold difficult with a partner if you are having a bad day and the other doesn't have the skillset you do.

You have to ask yourself, '' Am I better and safer off alone. ''

No reason to get into some of the thoughts that have been brought up internet dating, when I seen the title I knew it wouldn't take long, but If someone has to join a survival group to try tap some doomsday ass, I feel sorry for em.

Hey yall see I'm in Mississippi, anyone need help this way in a bad situation, just PM some email or something, when Katrina hit, I was out and about with 3 different radios, and this youngen was out helping. I have a fortress too, complete Hurricane proof. So there it is, PM padres....

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

OK I see what you are getting at. You and the other poster are correct, you should NOT be meeting Internet strangers. Completely agree. But as to more general questions about the roles and relationships of men and women in situations of crisis or difficulty, I think it's flat-out silly to imagine men and women can't work together to overcome hardship, in a way that doesn't involve their sexuality. I think people are ultimately pragmatic when the chips are down and those who can cooperate smoothly, calmly, and efficiently with one another (across gender lines) will have a real leg up in most scenarios.
edit on 6/5/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think most folks are missing the point. I'm not interested in any 'relationship' but rather a simple partnership. Just like me and my dog. His ears are better than mine. Im taller and see farther. He can hear much better. I can identify various threats much better. As a team we work well. Partnering with a female works the same. Different thought patterns and different ideas when combined and filtered would yield better results. As long as the strengths and weaknesses are identified in advance, the natural strong one takes over at each point they excel in.

The show "Dual Survival" is a showcase of the natural shift and acceptance of the strengths of each person to lead both, as well as the way they stop to reason out things together.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Ok, I am up for that. I am fairly mobile. Where should we plan this convention?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join