It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Men. Single Women. Lets Make a Pact.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I love the survival forum and have written and read many threads, recently there has been an influx in what to do when SHTF and your alone. Women have many important qualities as do men, both different, but equally as important.

So I thought that as a single woman survivalist myself, I would look to make a pact with someone of the opposite sex, like the ones that friends make about getting married if they have no one else, but with a buddy and for a survival scenario.

Where we are fully aware and have a plan for and include each others well being, survival, and skill. I thought that I would bring that to the table as there are many of us out there that have wonderful skills, yet could use and extra hand. Just thought I would share this idea.

Please add any you see that can work with this also.
Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
cool thread.. im surprised that theres no replies!..if something does happen people would need to group up in order to survive. what would your position be?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think that is a great idea. It is true that women and men think differently, and that could mean the solving of problems that one or the other couldn't solve alone. Another important thing would be for emotional support. If someone were on their own, it would be much easier to succumb to the loneliness, as well as the mundane routine once the initial panic blows over.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Well im in Australia victoria, so i dont know if that helps anyone, but great idea.
Lifes always better when you have someone to lean on, even more so when it hits the fan.
good luck on finding a buddy to work with . i hope i find one here too.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Since most people think that someone whos is prepared for the STHF are bat poop crazy, I give you a S&F for this, we will need to stick together. It really doesnt matter if its the NWO, alien invasion, or the most likely thing, the next cyclical iceage hits, we will all need buddies.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Before this would happen I would like to know all the reasons why someone is single. I don't want someone who killed their spouse to start pairing up with someone on here!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Cool idea! I have been looking around for ages to find a partner survivalist like that. I am a male, capable of living of the land. I live in western Canada, right in the mountains, beside river on a little acreage. Beside hunting, fishing, growing your own food and working oil field (for the time being anyway), I am always busy, tanning deer skins, working on resoring old manual tools, making new ones, looking after the garden, thinking of new way of preserving food..etc. But a partner that would be on the same page with me i could not find yet.

Drop me a line, lets talk!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Looks like a good idea, interested to see how this thread progresses.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
i am in.

ive got your back, as it were

Anyway, i feel cooperation is key regardless of marital status or gender. So, i suppose i was for the idea before it was presented.

A thread like this is good to see. Though, i suppose we dont have to wait for SHTF to try cooperating either..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Nice post. I like this idea a lot. It could be a starting point for a community situation if SHingTF lasts for a long time.

Another idea is to hook up and teach one another now. There's really no reason anyone has to rely on anyone else unless they are disabled in some way.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm not making a pact with any woman till I get some pics first.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
i am married and all but i would be open to taking a couple of lone female along for the ride! my wife is a hardcore no bulshart type a ladie i could use her to judge a womans charcter as i am overcome buy simple thing such as womans phyisic. i would need my wife to say "she can roll whith us for now at least" then the singal woman could benifit from owr protection and we can benifit from a friendly gal around to help whith feminin type things such as bartering or lureing unsuspecting foes to our hangout! sounds pretty cool aculy count me and my wife in ! western ma

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
great survival dating.

ladies men have one thing on their mind anyone who says different is lying.

hell end of the world dudes will try to hook up.

any man who says he has your back is most like; y just lookng at your backside.

trust is earned never given and for those who give trust openly well lets just say that never turns out well.

if the world ever ends the my first thought is damn the dating pool has a serious lack of talent.

to thine own self be true.

so ladies dont make a pact with me

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
when times come to ake that call im in cental arizona

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
My Harem door will be open when the time comes

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
S really need to HTF for people to start live together and benefit from each others skills?
Let's make a pact, regardless.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I'll align myself with whoever has the most toilet paper

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I'm not making a pact with any woman till I get some pics first.
That is my last concern is a SHTF situation. Can she shoot? Can she give CPR? Can she pull her own weight? Much more important. Looks who cares? Looks have become MUCH less important to me than personality since my divorce.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I could be interested, but more than just 2, I would be interested in a small group.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your great responses. I am going to start getting my possible "buddies" together. I am sure that there has to be someone out there that could help to complete my team. Good luck for those that are planning on doing the same thing.

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join