It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death threats sent to top climate scientists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I have just Googled CO2, as of May 2011, it is 394.35 parts per million in the Earth's atmosphere, that is less than one percent (1%) just how can so little make such a huge difference to the other 99%? Never much mention of volcanic activity has gone up 300% in the last 2,000 years, or that the natural world produces 3 times the amount of 'greenhouse' gases as does the Human race, such as Termites produce more Methane than cows!
In any case, more CO2 will produce more growth in food plants, good???

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
reply to post by Seagle

Why would a bank want this in place I wonder have you ever known a bank to be in something for the environment NO it's the money it always is have a look at the billions set to be made from this tax and eventually an ETS.

Exactly, that is why they are pushing for this tax to happen asap because they understand economics better than most of us and they can see what is going to happen. When our coal exports drop the chaos will begin with no way to stop it. Their will be mass unemployment, a rising and unpayable overseas debt as we become a net importer, people will be defaulting on loans, property prices drop, nobody has any money and the banks will suddenly find thenselves in the same place the US banks were/are.

Surely you're no suggesting that the banks want the tax because it goes directly to them? That's ludicrous.
Australian Banks get rich from australian people having jobs so they are putting money in the bank, taking out mortgages, and using credit cards. They use our money to lend out to other people and profit from charging interest which they keep. They then charge us fees for the privalege of allowing them to profit from our money and whenever you dare ask for some back they hit you with more fees. If the economy tanks, they tank.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by whatisanameanyway

Others are right, It's a huge Ponzi scheme where as usual the money men will push the price up and up as they have done with futures trading on many other resources such as petrol/oil...

Also, if the Government was truly worried about "World Wide" climate change then it would NOT allow exporting of out coal to countries that use that coal less efficiently and causing far more pollution..
But instead, coal is leaving our shores just as fast as they can fill the ships..
How's that caring about the world??

Someone also mentioned we should have subsidies..
Actually I think we must have tariffs here instead because we seem to have the most expensive solar panels in the world..

Our corrupt Government seems to always use a STICK instead of a CARROT...
edit on 4-6-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

The truth will come out eventually.
According to recent crop circle in the UK, 99% of climate change comes from the sun and
geothermal energy. The center of the Earth is very hot.
There is a direct relationship between the weather on the sun and the weather on the Earth.
Normal solar wind effects global warming.
Huge solar flares - direct hits - effect global warming.
The Earth has an ice age about every 10,000 years.
We are due for another one.
---------------------------
Tipping the worlds economy upside down will change nothing.
The Earth is STILL going to have ANOTHER ice age in about 1,500 years.
We do not have the technology or the means to stop it.
--------------------------
This was never about climate change. This 100% about - control - over the general
population. The tool of choice appears to be - fear -.
Do what we say or the Earth will be destroyed!

-------------------------
In the end the truth shall set us free.
All these corrupt climatologists will be running for the hills.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

Where do you think the whole idea started from suggest you go look at a documentry called money masters on you tube goes for about 3.5 hours you might learn a thing or two and change your mind. A carbon tax is the wrong idea and so is an ETS!

Go and have a look at what started the UN then go and have a look at the education system and who runs it and everything else associated with them a good read would be agenda 21 that is available on their web page.

Then come and tell me you still support it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
reply to post by Seagle

Where do you think the whole idea started from suggest you go look at a documentry called money masters on you tube goes for about 3.5 hours you might learn a thing or two and change your mind. A carbon tax is the wrong idea and so is an ETS!

Go and have a look at what started the UN then go and have a look at the education system and who runs it and everything else associated with them a good read would be agenda 21 that is available on their web page.

Then come and tell me you still support it.

So now your trying to teach me about the global economy and world politics is that right? How about you do some reading and learn a bit about your own country's economy before you waste another 3.5hrs at youtube school being spoon fed your opinion on the history of the US economy and Federal Reserve.

I now know that you will never understand why it is that the reasons you keep throwing up as to why we don't need the carbon tax are the exact reasons we do need the carbon tax. The main reasons the first round of operation global financial carnage missed us is that our economy is not pinned to China's, our banks are strong, our reserve is independant and the Gov acted fast with aggresive fiscal policy.

However, we will not be so lucky in round two if China presses ahead with their plans to reduce their carbon emmisions by up to 45% by 2020.

But hey, .......at least you drive a holden so we must agree on something

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

So our economy almost tanked until China announced it's stimulus package sounds like you what MSM a little too much. China had closed it's steel making plants they weren't buying anything from China. Japan threw a huge order in that helped then China overnight started buying again. This country survives mostly on the resources sector at this present time as it did before to say we were strong is a load of crap.

We had alot of cash flowing as well the other reason our banks didn't go fully under is because they weren't handing out the same types of loans as the US this was taken care of by Peter Costello with an ammendment he made regarding loans otherwise we would have gone further under.

I know how the economy works I know how easy it is to manipulate a market including our money market and you are willing to hand control of business to the market that is dangerous hell with what they have in place for our currency market we aren't supposed to have anything like the great depression happen again. Well low and behold that is what is going to happen when America finally goes down.

As for that youtube documentry if you actually watched you would have seen it was all based on facts that's why it is a doco I mainly wanted you to watch to see how things were manipulated in the past and how money used to be made without the need of a central bank ( that every country now has )

It's ok to be ignorant but not to even look into how a market can be played with is just stupid. Another market that is at this current time being manipulated is the silver market the price was rising so what did America's bigger banks do they sold silver certificates to say there was more silver than first thought and lowered the price these manipulations are still going on. Even the selling of huge amounts of silver are lowering the price then it rises and another sale go have a look to say I don't know how the economy works is just plain wrong.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You know what I personally find is the best part of accepting that man-made global warming isn't real? Nobody has to take responsibility for any it. It's just the sun. Big Oil can keep DPing the planet, and we all get to keep giving it our own personal Dirty Sanchez. Awesome. This whole 'global warming scam' really helps clear up my conscience. For a second there I was worried that I might have to start giving a sh*t about the environment.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Nothing wrong with caring for the environment but to think a tax is going to help is a joke. To think an ETS will help even a bigger joke. Where are most manufacturing jobs at the moment? China thats where everything has been moved there do they have a different atmosphere to us there or something? You can't transfer emissions to another country and say hey we did our part. I'm all for ways of generating power that don't ruin our air quality but a tax will not help that this is redistribution of wealth at it's finest.

Other forms energy most go on about are a laugh solar panels are carbon neutral they do not save any emissions at all. Wind turbine production is destroying once prime farmland in China as well have a look at what is used to make solar panels they are going to be the next asbestos problem we all face when the chemicals start leaching into our ground water. So you can be one for the earth but some things are just wrong.

Other countries have nuclear power that have introduced this no other country has the same travel requirements that Australia has to deal with there have been better ideas out there but it's a bit hard when the government will not budge intil they see a way where they can make money. They have had 30 years to change things and nothing has even been contemplated as i keep saying as long as governments look after who lines their pockets we will get screwed this tax isn't to save the environment it's just a way of getting closer to a solution on how to control the public.

Go look into agenda 21 the first city this agenda outlines is being built in Abu Dhabi as we speak due for completion very soon taxes don't save any environment and with other ETS programs losing money why set us up for a fail. There are better power solutions out there that aren't being bought in so we go from coal to gas give me a break why not geothermal or thorium two solutions that are better than what we have and one being completely renewable.

To say jobs won't be lost is a lie have a look at the jobs the coal mining sector employs if we go to solar or other forms those mining jobs are gone and alot of those people wouldn't be able to go onto anything else as most of the uni grads would take those jobs tell me I'm wrong but before you just say I am really think about it. This country this world will not let go of fossil fuels until they are completely depleted hence why gas is what energy companies are yalking about using. Tax doesn't = environment no matter which way you look at it it = money for whoever knows how to play with the system.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join