It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assisted suicide advocate Kevorkian dies at age 83

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
People should be free to choose how they live their lives and how they die. It sickens me to see that society would rather have someone suffer than to give that person a chance to escape the agony.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Why? If a person is fit and truly healthy, but finds that this life is a wastage, or for any other reason then why not? What business is it of anyone else?

Society as a whole decided long ago to control even a persons choice to continue living, and for centuries people have been forced to live half lives, hell on earth in many cases.

It is really pretty simple, laws created by the mediocre mind to keep power and control over others, to continue and insure their enslavement. You cannot make a dead man work.

What if a person wants to die with full awareness?

I once watched a man walking towards a small lake, he was walking with such alertness, such focused intent. He reminded me of a Warrior, like a Samurai. Yes he was Asian, but it was a quality that surrounded him, a fearlessness.

I had been in meditation just relaxing under a large shaded tree yet this mans energy was so strong it alerted me on a very deep level and the eyes opened just in time to watch him cross over the bridge leading to the lake.

The day passed and it was not until evening that I heard about a man who had gone into the lake where he had chosen to go and meditate at the bottom of the lake. He had decided to leave his body, not out of pain or out of despair, not out of mental illness, but out of wanting to become Enlightened. His trust was total. His let go immeasurable.

It was said he did leave this world fully aware and Enlightened.

Now to a person who has some deep seated fear of death this is just too much! This is shocking and wrong on every level! This is not only illegal but immoral! This cannot be allowed!

Those judgements are part of the old way, they are part of the dead man of the past. This man was fresh, alive and completely part of the New Man. He was part of the future.

Dr Kavorkian was a bridge to the New Man. He understood deeply how a persons right to choose his death on his own terms was the direction man will eventually arrive at if he does not kill himself first by the old ways.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Like I said,its up to the individual.If tomorrow you decide you need to go,and I was there, I would try to reason with you.If its in your mind and heart that your "need" to commit suicide,YOU'RE going to do so anyway. For me, Immanuel Kant sums up my feelings,to some extent.

"Firstly, under the head of necessary duty to oneself: He who contemplates suicide should ask himself whether his action can be consistent with the idea of humanity as an end in itself. If he destroys himself in order to escape from painful circumstances, he uses a person merely as a mean to maintain a tolerable condition up to the end of life. But a man is not a thing, that is to say, something which can be used merely as means, but must in all his actions be always considered as an end in himself. I cannot, therefore, dispose in any way of a man in my own person so as to mutilate him, to damage or kill him. (It belongs to ethics proper to define this principle more precisely, so as to avoid all misunderstanding, e.g., as to the amputation of the limbs in order to preserve myself, as to exposing my life to danger with a view to preserve it, etc. This question is therefore omitted here.)"

<< 1  2  3   >>

join