It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI6 attacks al-Qaeda in 'Operation Cupcake'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
From the Telegraph.

The cyber-warfare operation was launched by MI6 and GCHQ in an attempt to disrupt efforts by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsular to recruit “lone-wolf” terrorists with a new English-language magazine, the Daily Telegraph understands.

When followers tried to download the 67-page colour magazine, instead of instructions about how to “Make a bomb in the Kitchen of your Mom” by “The AQ Chef” they were greeted with garbled computer code.

The code, which had been inserted into the original magazine by the British intelligence hackers, was actually a web page of recipes for “The Best Cupcakes in America” published by the Ellen DeGeneres chat show.

Written by Dulcy Israel and produced by Main Street Cupcakes in Hudson, Ohio, it said “the little cupcake is big again” adding: “Self-contained and satisfying, it summons memories of childhood even as it's updated for today’s sweet-toothed hipsters.”

It included a recipe for the Mojito Cupcake – “made of white rum cake and draped in vanilla buttercream”- and the Rocky Road Cupcake – “warning: sugar rush ahead!”

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Ha ha ha! Pretty funny. And a lovely bit of propaganda released by MI6. ''We don't kill people honest. We just turn them from bomb makers in to cup cake makers''.

Ellen must be proud.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

next is operations ding dong, snowball and zinger

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Awesome! Straight out of a movie.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

LOL. and i bet those cupcakes are made with butter made from the milk of goats that have been stared at by men...
but they forgot the zombies..
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
reply to post by Jepic

LOL. and i bet those cupcakes are made with butter made from the milk of goats that have been stared at by men...
but they forgot the zombies..
www.imdb.com...

oh my gosh i love that thats awesome we had the human looking goat child in saudi arabia thread a minute ago.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wolveseyes

That's ATS for you!

A funny O-Ed on this is located here.

www.digitaljournal.com...

In a worthy example of spirit, MI6 hackers have improved the quality of life for Al Qaeda members by replacing their bomb making formula with a useful recipe for rum cupcakes. Cupcakes are believed to be healthier, and do less collateral damage.

The fact is that many people are for some reason inclined to take Hellfire missile attacks personally, while a cupcake is not only less threatening but more pleasant with a cup of coffee. (We assume the makers of Hellfire missiles will address this obvious deficiency in their services at some point. Perhaps a high yield Hundreds and Thousands warhead, for example…)

It must be stated that the risk of retaliation, perhaps with guided tabouli or improvised explosive pitted dates has risen as a result of this attack, but on the positive side falafel and hummus may be used as passive-aggressive options.

Ha ha.

I bet the agents in charge of this mission had a giggle.

Would it have been directed from GCHQ or an inhouse MI6 operation?

edit on 3-6-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I can answer my own question.

The cyber-warfare operation was carried out by MI6 and the GCHQ signals intelligence agency to disrupt the terrorists' attempts to recruit "lone-wolf" agents using a new English-language web publication called Inspire

www.smh.com.au...

Funny picture in the article. 'The Spy Who Cupped Me'

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

That sounds truly amazing!

A melodic massacre featuring a young love struck lesbian couple, two bigoted old ladies, a postman delivering death and a chorus line of fabulous feathered flesh eating zombies.

Ha ha.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Its those crazy cupcakes man....
dont touch them crazy cupcakes....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84ba44351d1f.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
double post...

edit on 3-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Ha ha.

Is that from the film?!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I dont think so, i haven't seen the film just knew about it from the interwebs..
the dog gif is one i found a while ago and remembered it had cupcakes in it, so it seemed to fit in to the thread nicely.
but i must admit to wanting to see a lesbian zombie musical... what could go wrong ???

new topics

top topics

join