It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you all remember Johnny Cash

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
In one of his latter live appeaances with the Highway Men, Mr Johnny Cash said this.
Iam proud of my countrys' freedoms even the right to burn the flag.
I laso believe in the right to bear arms.

So if you burn my countrys flag....yes you can guess the rest folks.

Johnny Cash is now moved on, does he still stand by those words?

Does he still see the Anglo Saxon Americans with both hands tied behind their backs as their culture is gnawed away by those with no respect or understanding?

Does he still see those are shamed if they believe in Christian values watch as the newly INVITED demonise their Lord, mock their Lord, spit at their Lord whilst promoting their own God as Truth?

Does he still hear His Lords name used in the same tone as a swear word in almost every Hollywood movie,does he weep still as Christs name is used as a profanity in the media by those who were given refuge from persecution since pre world war 2 ?

Does he shake his head as the centre of this world ,shifts to the warm heart of the freedom loving Chinese ,who have brought the west to its economic knees by bowing billions to their knees to provide free labour, by virtue of executions by the millions.

Remember Johnny Cash....their ain't too many of his kind left, as traitors instill treason into the hearts of millions?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Here are a few patriotic songs by Johnny Cash, all favorites of mine

edit on 6/3/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Didn't he go to jail for something?
Folsom County Line. I think he started a fire or was jailed for something like public intoxication.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

He was jailed overnight a few times, once for importing amphetamine pills from mexico, ones he'd been getting legally in the states up until that point. He also crashed his car in a forest in Oklahoma or something and was the first person to be prosecuted for starting such a fire in that state, it destroyed a hell of a lot of forest.

The only time he went to Folsom prison was to do a concert, he was inspired to write the song 'Folsom prison blues' by a film he saw while stationed in Germany that was set in Folsom. Johnny Cash was an amazing man.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You don't have to be Christian to believe in the USA and what it could stand for.
You have to believe in the individual.
You have to believe in individual rights.
You have to believe in working together.
You have to believe in fighting for it.
Citizens of the USA have the right to be different, but we also have the responsiblity to act to protect our rights.
Any belief that doesn't acknowledge individual independence and the prerequesite that government removes itself from that, is out of place here.

edit on 6/3/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Looks like he knew it already....

edit on 3/6/11 by SlackOps because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/11 by SlackOps because: for THE man in black...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlackOps
Looks like he knew it already....

edit on 3/6/11 by SlackOps because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/11 by SlackOps because: for THE man in black...

Two of several of my favorite Johnny Cash...
Really dig that man.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Johnny Cash was a great man. I loved the fact that he was big and strong, but not a bully. He was talented and gifted, but humble and polite. I also love the fact that there was part of him that was deeply troubled, and he wasn’t afraid to talk about it, it shows he was human. In his younger days he struggle with drugs and many inner demons, but he got a grip on this and became a very spiritual man. I also love the fact that NO one group can pin Johnny down for their own cause, although they may try, he was an individual, a rebel in the true sense of the word.

Out of all the famous people in history, he is the one guy i feel i can actually relate to. He is the one guy i would love to have had a conversation with.

As for the political undertones to your post... well to be honest I’m not interested in any of that. As a Brit, sometimes American patriotism can seem a little over the top for me, but i think that’s just a cultural thing. Although I would like to point out that Johnny Cash didn’t just see himself as “Anglo Saxon“ For a time he see himself as part Cherokee and was actually hurt when he discovered that in fact he wasn’t. He connected very closely with the plight of the Native Americans and this was reflected in the Album – Bitter Tears: Ballads of the American Indian.

All i will add to this now is...

R.I.P Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash... Two beautiful people who’s souls help to light up the night sky.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
of course I remember the man in black.
I actually went to his house in TN once in 1992
with a friend of mine in the music biz.
Johnny wasn't home at the time.
I was riding in the car with this cat
and he said I gotta stop by John's
house and pick up some stuff.
I had no idea it was Johnny's
house until we got there.
It was a very nice cozy place.
Not a mansion by any means
but still a nice estate.

And yes, Johnny Cash was
a great fellow

Matter of fact he didn't live far
from Keith Whitley's place. Just
a couple miles down the road

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

You don't have to be Christian to believe in the USA and what it could stand for.
You have to believe in the individual.
You have to believe in individual rights.
You have to believe in working together.
You have to believe in fighting for it.
Citizens of the USA have the right to be different, but we also have the responsiblity to act to protect our rights.

Truth from the word go. THAT is what America is supposed to be. I'm a Christian but I agree with each word you've said and until others can do the same, AND, stand up and FIGHT for it - America will continue to digress into memories of what 'could have been'.

peace and thank you!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"god's gonna cut you down"

www.youtube.com...

his convictions are fairly strong.

the vid doesn't reflect the song as the pics are not the bad guys, imo.

"remember the alamo"
www.youtube.com...

this is more straight to point.

www.youtube.com...

his classic, one of many.

"ring of fire"

www.youtube.com...

he was an american icon as big as john wayne.

"rusty cage"

www.youtube.com...

eta; hate when i can't do this vid thing!

little help?

malformed video? what causes that?

edit on 3-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Bouquets for the Power Corruptions And Lies reply

The New Order will nip and snip and watch the blood slowly drain from th ecorpse of the once strong...only the feeble minded (and Johnny Cash wasn't one of those) fail to see what is truth.
Truth is... it isn't of profit to the profit seeking dependants....those who cannot imagine profiting by their own sweat alone, to allow the minority of Anglo Saxon/Celtic /Slavics /Prussians on this Earth to be dominant.
We are being erased from the pages , to make way for the imprint of the majority, the Asiatic masses, the Indian Billions, those who make more profit by sheer volume to the Profiteers.
All this is starkly obvious, but alas not allowed to be mentioned in the media.
I have spoken to businessman who tell me its acceptable and preferable that the US Dollar is about to be replaced by a Chinese Dominated World Currency very soon, brave patriotic souls.
Millions of USA /British/Australian/New Zealand/Canadian/South African/Irish servicemen either served or were wounded / maimed/killed/executed by those who wanted to wipe our nations dominance into dust.
Now we sit back as our nations are infiltrated by those who despise our heritage our history our Military Victories.
We are a very successful experiment in treason.
We are all guilty of treason

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Does he still see the Anglo Saxon Americans with both hands tied behind their backs as their culture is gnawed away by those with no respect or understanding?

Does he still see those are shamed if they believe in Christian values watch as the newly INVITED demonise their Lord, mock their Lord, spit at their Lord whilst promoting their own God as Truth?

Does he still hear His Lords name used in the same tone as a swear word in almost every Hollywood movie,does he weep still as Christs name is used as a profanity in the media by those who were given refuge from persecution since pre world war 2 ?

You do know he's dead right? (Or is that what you meant by 'moved on'? Don't be so afraid to use the word! IMO, dead people don't obsess about the country they left behind, they see a wider view.
Please note, you don't have to be an American to be a Christian, neither do you have to be a seething racist!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It's official.

You have lost your mind.

Johnny Cash wasn't anyone's spokesperson. As someone else said, he was an individual in the truest sense.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This has got to be one of my favorites...Johnny Cash was a legend...I remember hearing this song on the radio for the first time. Yikes that seems like not so long ago...

Edit: I should probably mention this video was done in the lock-up...he did have a fascination with criminals.
edit on 3-6-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Johny Cash was a great person and talented singer.I think that using his name to promote your own hatred and racial bigotry is pretty low, but i guess not for all. Just to remind you - he was wearing black ,not brown shirt.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

hey, you should take that out on highway 61.

get a tent, ask for donations, wear white suit.

i'd stop by.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Met the man twice and have all my old LPs signed by him.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Met the man twice and have all my old LPs signed by him.

he must have signed multiple LP's
in one sitting

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

he did because my father was part of his security when he travelled downunder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join