It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you all remember Johnny Cash

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
In a way, it's good that Johnny didn't have to live long enough to see what this country has become recently, and especially where it is headed.

The country Mr. Cash believed so much in, is all but gone now.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
In a way, it's good that Johnny didn't have to live long enough to see what this country has become recently, and especially where it is headed.

You hav eprobably hit the nail on the head , so many of us can't figure out why we have sold out the Good things and bought the Bad things.
Why the cities are full of drug crazed vultures , why the religion are Founding fathers believed in is reduced to lip service whilst Islamic and Judaic leaders exhort their growing followerst to return to the fundamental values of their respective Religions.
Every dying race woke up too late.
We're gonna ride
We're gonna ride
Chasing the sky
edit on 10-6-2011 by Dr Expired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

You do know he's dead right? (Or is that what you meant by 'moved on'? Don't be so afraid to use the word! IMO, dead people don't obsess about the country they left behind, they see a wider view. Please note, you don't have to be an American to be a Christian, neither do you have to be a seething racist!

In your case, it would seem you are just content to be a seething christian

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

You do know he's dead right? (Or is that what you meant by 'moved on'? Don't be so afraid to use the word! IMO, dead people don't obsess about the country they left behind, they see a wider view. Please note, you don't have to be an American to be a Christian, neither do you have to be a seething racist!

With just a whiff of snobbery thown in , probably hates country music too.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by gabby2011

With just a whiff of snobbery thown in , probably hates country music too.

lol..ya think? Actually I love some country music...and if your concerned with snobbery..I think there are much worse snobs on here to pick on than me.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

You stole my post lol....

He did that song so well because...well he knew pain. It was my theme song for a year or two....

i just belt out his songs now that i am in the Philippines....at Kareokee...out of respect

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What about if the burned flag has been made in china? Does that lessen the offense or are the chinese the ones who should take more offense.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What is your favourite Cash song?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

I think Johnny Cash addressed older critics of newer music in "What is truth"

The old man turned off the radio
Said, "Where did all of the old songs go
Kids sure play funny music these days
They play it in the strangest ways"
Said, "it looks to me like they've all gone wild
It was peaceful back when I was a child"
Well, man, could it be that the girls and boys
Are trying to be heard above your noise?
And the lonely voice of youth cries "What is truth?"

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

If standing up for your own culture makes me a Nazi , a Bigot , then they have won.
I have said nothing as strong as Johhny Cash said in his interviews so get your facts straight before going on the internet and acusing people of being this and that.
The greatest cowards throw out cliches and labels st others when they are too lazy too think....or are afraid too think, i would think if you looked around the world today you may find , that every nation, ISRAEL the number one on the list , cherishes its own culture and beliefs.
Iam not against any race or belief as long as they leave mine alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join