It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albuquerque, NM Entire city covered in thick smoke now.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Holy, This is the worst yet. Vanilla Sky, but with heavy smoke. I might leave NM for a while this is getting so bad. I keep a pack of 3M masks in my glove box now

Taken about 15 minutes ago

edit on 6-6-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Glad to see this thread. It's 10:30pm on Wednesday, June 8. The smoke is thick right now, thick enough to make breathing difficult. Here's a picture of the moon from last night. Looks blood red through the smoke:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I also live in Abq. The last few days have been bad. I work from home so luckily I haven't had to go out, or if I did it's only been for a few minutes at a time. I feel bad for my cat who loves to sit in front of open windows or on the enclosed patio as I've kept her behind closed windows all week.

I just moved here a few months ago. Is this a common occurrance?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mover

No , But 5 or so years ago there was a fire in AZ, but on a much smaller scale, and not to much smoke. that lasted for 3 days. This event now , there is nothing to compare it too that I know of in the states history.

My labs are always sitting on that big deck I posted above, they watch the sunset every night. Pray for rain.

edit on 9-6-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by khalyal

Now that is a fantastic photo; an orange moon just like tonight. If didn't know any better I would say, hey great picture of mars can we all come over and take look though that super big telescope in your yard.

edit on 9-6-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AdmireTheDistance

I'm here in Florida and the relatively small wildfires in Alabama did a number on our air quality close to the
Florida/Alabama border. I did smoke and am 59 but the smoke from the fires put a finishing touch to my
decision to just quit ..quit smoking that is..I am telling you, it is going to be hell on wheels for people with
breathing problems and this could only be a sample of what could happen given a major catastrophe where
power is out for some time. I'm not preaching exactly..would like to have a "camel" or whatever but can't
afford to do that any more..my advise..get some gear, water and quit that smoking cause you will need
everything going for you if things do get worse. Yeah, I know, I'm older and been going down hill but I know
somebody dying an inch at a time and they are in bed at home and on oxygen all the time..you guessed it,
they smoked and still are..if they had given up the smokes when they first found out they had COPD they might not be in such sad shape now. They had also been exposed to flight line fumes too for awhile on the job.
All those irritants do not make a healthy person make. Just saying..chewing my nicotine gum as I write..It's
my only choice..I can't afford all these fancy masks but if you can get some for others..for spares maybe
if you feel like you need to do something. Please don't shoot the messenger..it's for you, not against you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join