It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albuquerque, NM Entire city covered in thick smoke now.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It may be a bad fire year. Every year it rains a lot the first half of the year the second half of the year is bad for fires because of all the vegitation that thrived of the wet weather. It is still cool and wet where I am but I bet August and September are going to be smoke filled months.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There is a fine layer of ash all over my truck this morning. Time to put on the 3M mask and wash the truck. This just sucks, washing a truck with a mask on. looks like the smoke dissipated for a while , but now I see it's rolling in again from my deck.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost in america
That dang fire is causing Red flag warnings (air quality) here in Colorado too.... Just FYI ...our state is barley in fire season and the budget for fires is already gone, so off to rob our schools budget to pay for fire fighting.... you would think after many years of bad wildfires they would budget more.... naw thats too easy.....

I saw that story reported on Colorado fire budget in the news also. New Mexico is scraping the bottom of the barrel for funds also. The wildfire budget is almost gone. Seems like NM,TX, AZ Co, are just about out of money to fight the fires. Theres going to have to be some national emergency funds granted soon, because this is getting beyond belief with no end in sight.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lightworker2011

I'm from Albuquerque as well. Work in Childrens Court. The smoke looked like an eerie mist last night, all over the South Valley.

Hello to all the folks from 505!

Big Jedi

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I live in Arizona. The Wallow fire as of 3:23 pm is now over 100,000 acres and 0 contained.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

I am in West Texas and have almost lost my house 4x in the last 2 months (fire half a mile or less away from me). 20k acres for one of the fires I looked up on the internet. I won't be posting specifics due to privacy reasons.
Oh & not ONE drop of rain in 9 months. I am not exaggerating in any way. Not ONE drop of rain...
edit on 3-6-2011 by xxPUSH0Noo because: +

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah it was pretty bad but it's clearing up today. I live in a tall building and I could barely see downtown last night. Not sure I'd wear a mask but the smell was bothersome.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
hi, seems like you fellas are having a bit of a hard time due to the effects of this fire, hopefully it won't be an ongoing problem and the wind /rain will eventually shift and help you all out. i'm not up on my American geography, but i did remeber a link on this site that was important for this time of the year. the first is the FEMA exercise where they were looking for possibilities of supplies for the 28th of May. now i don't know when the fires started , but here you go.FEMA HAS SOMETHING BIG PLANNED
the second is the current update on the RSOE site showing it as an update.not important to those of you in the affected area, but a good link for those out of the country..RSOE update

hopefully coincidental, but you never can tell. Has the source of the fires been determined yet? has there been some situation in the past that might have been located in the present fire area that needed proof to be eradicated?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
all these people right there and no pics?

second

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Here are some photos I took about 8PM tonight June 3 2011 at sunset. The smoke along with the strong smell is back. The emergency rooms here in Albuquerque are full, every last one of them. People are having so much respiratory problems related to this smoke. On another note I was listing to the radio while driving today and heard that the Arizona wildfire was started by drug traffickers or illegal immigrants because of its location and is frequented by both these groups. Arizona officials say it's man-made. I would like to find out more about that story. anyone here that story as well.

The photos show the smoke starting to enter over the city again about 8pm tonight when the winds changed. About 30 minutes after I took these the strong smell arrived with it. The city is once again covered in smoke.

Hotel_1

Hotel_2

here are the rest

hotel_3

photo_1

photo_2

photo_3

photo_4

photo_5

photo_6

photo_7

edit on 3-6-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

just posted some.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Three more photos here

Ash is falling again, a very fine ash starting build up on the truck roof

photo_8

photo_9

photo_10

edit on 4-6-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
latest satellite images

the 100,000 acre AZ fire from space.

the smoke plume start about an inch above the 110 parallel mark on the border of AZ and NM , "The smoke trail from this fire reaches all the way north into western Nebraska and south-central South Dakota."
Sat image AccuWeather

165 square miles big. and getting bigger by the day. I'm going to be chocked out soon.

165 Square miles no containmnet.

edit on 4-6-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Raw Footage of the Wallow Fire

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I just woke up here in Los Lunas, just 20 minutes south of albs. Its still really hazy outside, Ive lived here a long time and never seen it get this bad, especially from an out of state fire.

It seems like everyones breathing isbeing affected by the smoke. I honestly feel like I've been chain smoking for two days and have been coughing up lots of phlegm. Im pretty sure we have been setting records in NM because theres been no measurable amount of rain since like January.

I'll try and get some pics from my area, and keep all the ats'ers from the 505 updated.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
ya im from AZ and this fire has been crazy lately

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hello from Denver,

Starting yesterday I could definitely smell smoke (I didn't even know about the fire 'til then), and now this morning I can hardly see the outlines of mountains from my deck which normally has a perfect view. The smoke is getting pretty bad out here. Hope they get it contained soon.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Tonight is by far the worse I have seen.
Ash is falling out of the sky now!

Excuse me while I close my windows. . .

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's now June 6th. The fire's still going and it's the smokiest I've seen here in the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho area. The sun is totally red! I tried to take pictures, but they only come out with a red aura. But it looks like a red moon. It's beautiful and eerie!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yeah, it went away for a bit, then came back even thicker. Walking outside is like standing downwind of a campfire. There's even a few flakes of ash falling.

Rather than take a picture, I pulled up the live cam for downtown Albuquerque. The smoke is pretty darn thick.

www.kob.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join