It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Code predictions.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
Has anyone else noticed....

exodus2006.com...

that this site has the sixth seal being opened in 2006, and the fifth being opened in 2012? Aren't they supposed to be consecutive? Are we going backwards in time or what?

That's the sixth seal and the fifth trumpet, respectively. The trumpet judgments are part of the seventh seal, which do occur after the sixth seal. So, according to the prediction, the sixth will be opened in 2006. Sometime later the seventh will be opened and the trumpet judgments will begin, with the 5th (out of seven total) occuring sometime after 2010.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hi,

I have seen enough from the Bible Codes to believe that there is, in fact, information about the future encoded in the Torah by God (Yhwh) 3000 years ago. I think God put it in there to show that He is the "Ancient of Days" as another testimony to who He is.

I think we have stumbled on to some of the associations in the past 10 years, but we don't have any official key yet. We are getting only a first
level set of associations of names that appear together so far. They are far more accurate in this framework when looking at recent past events, but it really takes the full key to the code to be able to say that the word associations in a given text predict the future. For example, the year 2000 codes had both Gore and Bush near the word President. You have to know the full construction of the code to know exactly what it would say about who wins for certain. We are looking at only the tip of the iceberg in the codes. I think there is layer upon layer of history encoded in the torah in incredible detail.

As for finding codes in other books, you may get lucky finding one or two in another major tome, but none like the concentration found in the Torah. There is also a devil who knows about the code God put in the Bible. With that in mind, the best way to delude the public about the validity of the Bible is to help other authors create books that have other examples so people can point to these and discount the encoding. Again, no other writings have the concentration of codes that the Torah has.

God intended us to be able to look back at recent events and tell that He had in fact inspired His word in the Bible. He did not intend us to fully decode it for the future so we don't have and likely will not figure out the full key --- ever.

God put the codes in as a testimony to the last days people that He, in fact, is the Ancient of Days, the Potentate of Time, but that we must trust Him for our futures, for our eternity.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hi J2TS2:

What makes you think that the "torah" of "Moses" has not changed in 5,000 years?

The texts of the torahs (LXX-Vorlage, the MT and the SamPent) that has come down to us in their present forms are post exilic writings using post-Exilic Hebrew words, syntax and phrasing (i.e. after 430 BC), dating from the time of Ezra in the 2nd Temple period.

Since the Hebrew Vorlage to the Septuaginta LXX (found at Qumran) which dates to about 430 BC and the SamPent (Samaritan Pentateuch) dates to about 450 BC, and the Masoretic Text of Leningrad (dating from about 890 AD, i.e. 1500 years later) do not match in more than 23% of the time in many details, how can you possibly say that the Torah (as if there was only ONE !) has not changed in 5,000 years.

The Dead Sea Scroll discoveries were not only hidden from the general public because some scholars wanted to hog their finds----both the Vatican and the Synagogues and the Protestant Churches DID NOT WANT THE COMMON MASSES TO KNOW THERE WERE SO MANY CONTRADICTORY COPIES OF THE TORAH AND THE OLD TESTAMENT being happily copied sitting side by side, with not one version more authoritative than the others....

The MT only came into authority during the post Jamnia-Javneh period in AD 90 when Hillel II and R. Akiva (from Babylon) came back to Palestine and told the few remaining survivors of the Jewish War of AD 70 WHAT BOOKS AND WHAT VERSIONS OF THOSE BOOKS "DEFILED THE HANDS" i.e. were sacred and inspired.

All other books and all other versions of the OT were supressed (read: burnt in pyre).

So get your facts straight when it comes to supporting an "authoritative text" of the Torah: THERE IS NONE.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hi exuse me to put my hand in the topic but mr. M. Drosnin write a book

'The Bible decoded--- I laugh ...

Torah = 5 first books ; All (O T ) is called Tanakh.

1. 22 letres + 5 finales (diferents caligraphie )

2. The letres have colors

3. -------------------- polarity ( + .. -- )

4.--------------------- nombres ( two diferents kind )

5.----------------------------- are male/ female

and ets. ets

Tanks to all chapo

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hi is chapo: no response???

Ahhh your knowleadge--- Oufff --- not jews to make corection ???

Or they have to returned in - 270 B.C. -- to Shimeon le sage ???

regards chapo

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
On the first page people talk about vandals trashing the thread, but i think they are just stating what they think. I think the bible code is fake, one because i dont believe in god but dont even get me started with that. two these same codes were found books like moby dick. its just luck.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
On the first page people talk about vandals trashing the thread, but i think they are just stating what they think. I think the bible code is fake, one because i dont believe in god but dont even get me started with that. two these same codes were found books like moby dick. its just luck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I don't know Moby Dick --- explain me please. chapo

P.S. I know my friend Huck Finn ---M. TWAIN thanks

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I wonder if the Bible Code software (which exists on the web) can help reveal the secret message like "Iraq, War, Idiocy" or "Bush, Election, Lost, Good".

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
While I believe in the Bible, I'm not really a huge fan of Bible Codes. As smokeythebear pointed out, predictions can be found in any large volume of text. Here's a good one from the book "Moby Dick" I like the way that they used the text "Has been so killed" It's like looking at clouds. If you have a good enough imagination, you can see anything.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
While I believe in the Bible, I'm not really a huge fan of Bible Codes. As smokeythebear pointed out, predictions can be found in any large volume of text. Here's a good one from the book "Moby Dick" I like the way that they used the text "Has been so killed" It's like looking at clouds. If you have a good enough imagination, you can see anything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See O.K. , but before see you/ me/ Drosnin must seek - and it 's the begining of problem. Seeking what , seeking how. All in the book is
fact -- in past.

regards chapo

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Read the paper at:

www.research-systems.com...

For a certain amount of evidence that the Torah hasn't changed since its original transcription.

Originally posted by Amadeus
Hi J2TS2:

What makes you think that the "torah" of "Moses" has not changed in 5,000 years?

[...]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hi South.. Iwill translate for you. 5,000 years..???

If you remember Moses get out from Egypt in -1,500-( Exodus ) right .

From Exodus to now = 3,500 years right ? Eh our friend j2ts2

save/lost 1,500 years.... More in the time of Exodus , no alephbet (or

Egyptian one ). After logic conlusion : how Moses write the seconds 2

ston-tables on Sinai (the first ones He broked - you know )

what letres, what language (He was Egyptian ) chapo

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear

Well maybe, but we are entitled to our beliefs.
For example, i dont believe that we are being visited by aliens, but i dont go trashing the UFO threads?, i respect other people beliefs...others need to do the same.

Back to the subject, the predictions about Bush and Blair being assinated are very interesting to read, but we have to remember that we can only check the codes if we search ourselves. i am starting to consider buying the software so i can check this out for myself.

(Note: I wouldnt believe the so called bible codes on geocities sites cause the codes are probably faked)

[edit on 28-10-2004 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thematrix

they were using the original hebrew bible for the bible codes not some translatted bible like the one u have, or any old bible u can purchase at a christian book store, the bible they are using is still on scrolls do your research before you speak

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

On 1st September 1994 Michael Drosnin passed a letter to a close friend of the then Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin. It stated that the name Yitzhak Rabin was crossed by the term "assassin that will assassinate" in the Hebrew Torah. On the 4th November 1995 Yitzhak Rabin was indeed assassinated and the phenomenon of the "The Bible Code" came to light in a tragic, but incontrovertible, manner.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thematrix

I'm not sure I buy into the Bible Code predictions, although they are very intriguing. But let me clarify your first point about how there can be a code in a book that has been rewritten 1000s of times. Easy, they used the Talmud, one of the original and most unaltered version of the Bible. So there you go.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

In response to "Isaac Newton is reported to have said the Bible was like "a cryptogram set by the almighty".

Actually Newton said that the Universe is a cryptogram ...

When I first started reading about Bible codes I was intrigued and to a certain extent believed that it was possible. What threw me off was the fact that this can be applied to books like "Moby Dick" etc ... how could it be possible that Moby Dick was written in code ... did "God" inspire the author?

Someone mentioned Nostradamous ... I believe he actually predicted the future well ... we just can't translate it properly. There are 15x more words in the English language now that there was during Shakespeare's time ... a lot can be lost in translation.

I have also read some future predictions from Bible Code. Something involving a tremendous Earthquake in the Gulf (Arabian Gulf, Gulf of Mexico ... who knows???). It also speaks of Fireballs (meteor shower) raining down from the sky (Similar to what is written in the book of Revelations).

I believe Bible codes are interesting ... don't have enough information or proof or consistency in developing them (they don't use the same Skip # within ELS for every verse the extract and that seems a little convenient to me).

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Surely the biggest evidence against the bible code being real, or at the very least, USEFUL, is the fact that there was a 2nd updated edition of the book about it released........AFTER 9/11.

And bugger me if that 2nd book didnt have all sorts of goodies that pointed to twin towers and bin laden etc etc.

Im sure that before that updated book, someone must have plugged in terms like 'terrorist' or 'new york' or 'omg horrible deaths'. Theyre not terms you wouldnt think anyone would search on. Its not like youd need to search on some totally random things like 'unicorns and blue bubblegum'.

And you think there would be at least one prediction relating to 9/11 that can be shown as being found before 9/11.

Finding "bin laden, 2 towers, death from the skies" on 9/12 is pretty useless. A code is useless at predicting things, if you need to wait till it happens to see the prediction.

Either
A> Any large text will turn up similar stuff
or
B> The code is real and god is having a laugh because its useless for us
or
C> Its all legit, but we arent reading it right, or arent worthy to understand it in time.

I have my suspicions which is the case, and I also suspect I know which option the people who think the code is real would pick

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The first thing that one should do is to look themselves up in the bible codes. Thats what I did.

I used the Bible Codes 2001 software. The dictionary is fairly deep, but probably needs to be expanded.

Anyway it couldn't find my name in just the first 5 books, so I threw in the kitchen sink by using all the books included with the software. Even then, it said there would only be a .08 percent chance in finding it. In english my name is 12 letters long, but only 10 in hebrew. And after about 46,000+ skips, it was able to find it.

Once I had the matrix, I needed to search it for words. There was a lot in there to find which was probably just garbage, but it did turn up my birth year, and then 3 other dates far into the future when I would be much, much older.

Three words which popped up near my name were:
'illustrator', 'photovoltaic' and 'wordbook'.
I am an artist by natural talent, and always fooling around with some pet comic projects, so 'illustrator' is on the money. And 'photovoltaic' is correct since I've working on compact designs for them and trying to build a custom solar cell from scratch. And I've been haggling over something I've noticed in Nostradamus' quatrains, to which I may either write a book, blog, or even make a thread about on here, which would I guess count towards the 'wordbook' description since I haven't done that yet.

But the most disturbing thing was the phrase that runs across my name which reads "grisly warfare". I'm no soldier, cop, or rent a cop. Played the hell out of some paintball and own over 30 markers, but that doesn't count. Which is why I scour the threads here on ATS looking out for where it may come from. Now I live in the Dallas area, and I'm not to keen on 'grisly warfare' finding me here. But if one of these martial law things were to go down, then I guess we have a winner.

But I'm leaning to more about what I found in the quatrains, and if it pans out in my lifetime, then most of the conspiracies on this website can be neatly tied together in one cold truth. It too, would satisfy the 'grisly warfare' description.

So, yeah, I buy into what the codes have to say for me, but the other stuff can be quite dubious because some people try to rig software to find what they want to believe. Most of it isn't very positive which has led some code researchers to quit. From what I've looked at, GOD is keeping score, and apparently everyone will answer for something.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I believe there's a solid validity in the AUTHENTIC BIBLE CODES.

There's a lot of flakey hokey stuff out there under the label.

I believe the best website with links to a few other good ones is:

www.biblecodedigest.com...

I believe that the science of the Bible Codes is in its infancy. I suspect more dramatic things in the relatively near future.

The more authentic codes are VERY LONG. I think now, IIRC, the science indicates that a code has to be at least 30 characters long to be solidly above chance.

Some of the more impressive codes are more than 100 characters long and have key words in the code crossing key words in the surface text in very telling ways. Also, for some codes there's almost an artistic symmetry, a beauty to the way the code is laid out.

The more dramatic authentic codes have a cluster of codes in a relatively tight field around the main code.

There's statistics on the more dramatic authentic codes are beyond anything similar ever calculated. There's just no way that the resulting code could have occurred by chance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join