It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Code predictions.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
In the opinions of ATS members, what are the best and most believable predictions found in the Bible Code by accomplished researchers?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
the bible code always makes me laugh, cause to be fair it soo obscure, like for instance there is this one that always makes me laugh. . .

there was this lady and she found that if she did applied a number to each letter she could make the words 'our lord and saviour jesus christ' multiplied by some other wacky number she got the circumfrence of earth, but i always thought that maybe in jesus time they didn't have kilometers,lol

if you ask me bible code is rubbish

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I dont know about this whole bible code thing. sounds kinda far fetched to me. I saw a couple shows about it on the History Channel once and they had a guy on there that took the bible code system and applied it to books that had over a thousand pages or so and found that it worked with those books. If I remember right, Moby Dick was one and maybe War and Peace was the other. In my opinion, if its true that if you can find predictions in any large book using the so-called bible code like the guy had supposedly proven, then it seems to me to have been proven a myth.
Or did GOD put codes in Moby Dick too??

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Rubbish?

I've seen this happen repeatedly in the UFO/Alien site. A couple of people trash a point of view and the trashing intimidates other people who wish to join the conversation.

What's with you guys? Can't you just give an opinion instead of calling every theory "rubbish?" This is the sort of posting that prevents many from posting any opinion whatsoever.

I'm not complaining for my sake because I can take it, but I can pretty much guess that many others will be reluctant to offer any opinion other those with negative opinions.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
@ Codemaster: People cant read the thread titles that is the first rule of posting in forums.

You ask what reserchers think of credible Bible Code predictions and the non reserching flame monkeys instantly come on to debunk the idea before anyone has a chance to respond in the spirit of the thread.

Yup im used to those 'thread vandals'

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I believe in the codes, i believe that there is a hidden code that can able the reader to for see future events. (Note: If you have nothing interesting to post, don't ruin Codemaster_01 thread). I have seen for myself the word "Nazi" spelt out numerous times in the old testiment

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Imho there are no believable predictions of the "bible code".

Reasons for this would be the fact that the entire concept has a false basis.

How can words and codes be found in a document that has been translated and rewriten a few 1000 times since its original form?

If someone came along and searched/found codes in actualy original scriptures instead of in translations of scriptures that have been rewriten, dumbed down, modernized and censored over the ages a uncounted amount of times.

There might be predictions in the bible texts though, but the code stuff is as fake as can be. Heck, you can use the same methods of finding bible code on about every book that you can find and get "predictions" out of it.

When your looking to find a specific thing, you'll find it, no matter if its there or not, if you want to find, you will.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I disagree,
JFK assination was predicted by the bible, see here; it isn't just simple words, some of the predicitions are very detailed.

www.research-systems.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't get the whole bible code thing. All I have seen are word search type puzzles that I don't remember seeing in the bible.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent
I don't get the whole bible code thing. All I have seen are word search type puzzles that I don't remember seeing in the bible.

Well, if you don't understand something, look into it. Search google or something, there is a program that searches for the prediction by using an mathematical forumal

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I dnt believe the bible, let alone bible code. But I agree, dont trash the thread before discussion ahs started. Thank you, infinite, for saving this thread from vandals.

Its already been stated that the bible code tricks has been used in other 1000 page texts.

The problem I have with the bible code is that none of the predictions are made before the event, not after. much like Nostardamus. Thus, I am waiting for someone to bring predictions out of the bible code before they happen, not after they happen.

Infinite, can you pull up some bible code predictions that have not happened yet? I would like to see if they can come up with something before the fact, not after the fact. Id be very interested.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Its all to easy to work backwards and predict events after they have happend. Someone needs to predict a future event from the bible codes and make sure the same event can not be predicted from any other book / text.
I know the rough ideas of the bible codes but maybe need to know the details, is there actually one mathmatical bible code that works for every 'prediction' or are the predictions based on different codes?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I dont think the bible codes can be interpreted until after the fact, then I think because you are looking for a certain recent event, it actually can be put together by putting together certain words and names.

Does anyone think this?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
i've heard the codes can be found in other titles, knowing that moby dick is one, but i haven't really heard what other texts they have applied the code matrix to. also, it isn't really a "bible" code, it's actually torah codes, found in the old testament. the codes are found in hebrew text and translated to english, and the torah is supposedly so much of a sacred text to the jewish community that not one word in it's original state of hebrew is to not be f'ed with.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The nature of men is the flaws he/she has as we are merely simple creatures of the fruit of the tree, we partook, of and it eventually dies, rots aways and goes back to the earth it was created from.

To give a new light for men in the understanding of the codes hidden and unrevealed in the nature of the light of this world, even if there was new and past revealed truths what would man as a general whole do with them?

There was a big leader once before our days, and he said this " Man seldom stumbles upon the Truth, but then quickly hurries off", the question is why?

So to give my best bible code interpretaion, would be this "love your fellow man as you would yourself" the rest is commentary.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I personally spent a lot of time reading about the bible codes when it first started to come out. Very interesting books by Michael Drosnin, I think they are real, and furthermore, I think that little book a lot of you take to church on a Sunday, is much more important than just some old stories about goings on back in the day. It is a very real code that was meant to be broke, to tell us humans about future events. I also believe it has nothing to do with the mythical creature you call God, within the thoughts we have of him/it.

I think this book was wrote and left to us by a more intelligent form of being, I also believe they give DNA.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
No,I do not agree with Gariel and his assisants.

No I will never accuse you,for I am down here with you.
I accuse Gariel! For never being a physical soul,he can pass judjement upon me?
Oh damn! i get a lot of feed back!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wasn't trying to trash the thread. I was merely stating my opinion of the bible code topic. I thought the purpose of "discussion" was to talk about the "pros" and the "cons" of the subject and to state one's opinion.
Sorry if my opinion was not wanted.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
How can words and codes be found in a document that has been translated and rewritten a few 1000 times since its original form?

Actually I believe that the codes are only supposed to be in the original Hebrew text (Torah). This is what we consider to be Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Hebrew tradition says that Moses received these books (word for word) from God. So if this is the case, I believe that it is possible that there could be a code hidden inside the text. Isaac Newton is reported to have said the Bible was like "a cryptogram set by the almighty".

You can find many interesting Bible codes relating to recent and future events at Exodus 2006 Are they true? I can't say, but still, it is interesting to read.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
My main problem with prophecy in any form is that most of the time people say something was predicted after the event in question has occured.

As far as the Bible code, I can't think of one event or variation of an event that hasn't been predicted or can be found in the text. Pick any situation that could happen or has happened and someone says they found it in the code.

What would impress me is if someone came along with real specifics for an event yet to happen and then that event actually happened. But even then it would make me wonder if the prediction didn't fulfill itself due to humans actively trying to make it come to pass.

I won't say its rubbish, I just need more conclusive proof. I have been interested in prophecy for a long time but have found no form of it that has convinced me that its a true concept or possible in any way. From Nostradamus to Bible code, doesn't matter, nothing has impressed me yet.

But, as with all subjects I come across, I will continue to keep an open mind.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by Weller]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join