It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Toy Company Makes Replica of Stealth Chopper Used in Bin Laden Raid

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hmmmm, this could be a trap though...

Look out for the lead paint included in the kit.

(slow kill)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
In the harsh light of day, the Chinese will always be imitators and never innovators.

IRM

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
In the harsh light of day, the Chinese will always be imitators and never innovators.

IRM

Not only true, but I almost think the chopper was a plant. Give them bad tech to get them going the wrong way on their own tech... What better way then giving them a juicy morsel, left conveniently in a Chinese allies back door

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I am not sure if I want my kid playing with a toy that is readily known for killing people.

But then I used to have a Titanic for the pool that you used to hit an inflatable ice berg.

But OBL, too soon?

Anywhoo, most likely the Chinese are just guessing.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Its not exactly a childrens toy, its a scale model:

offering a “Operation Geronimo” stealth helicopter scale model kit that come in pairs of two

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Its not exactly a childrens toy, its a scale model:

speaking of scale,
they claim it is 1 / 144 scale

what blueprint were they looking at
to come to that precise measurement ???
How would they know exactly what scale it
was without seeing the original helo ???

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

LOL... China is so good at copying stuff. They even tried to copy one of my product however they actually "cast" a drain plug into the machines body without recognising what a drain is even there for.

IMO this chopper was not even manned anyway.

As for the haters - we haven't even flexed our muscle yet beeatches!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Oh ok so it is being sold as a collectible as opposed to a toy. Gotcha.
So who is buying one?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
China stole top secret US technology and the first thing they did was make a toy. Did I miss something? This thread was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, correct?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Because it only comes off as arrogance for one of the youngest nations in this world to accuse a Milenar culture
wich already provived enough inventions to the world, of not inventing anything or just being technology pirates.

and yes, at least chinese have their own culture, now excuse me america, but when it comes to cultural aspects and actually having a culture, you are china in this case.

you just steal and borrow from the rest of the world. since you can't seem to have any culture of your own, well maybe except for obesity and plastic surgery.

oh and a very weird obsession with celebreties.

either way, im done here.

think whatever you want americans, be the greatest nation ever, be the center of your world.

but just dont be hypocrites please, there's already israel for that.

America is known as the greatest nation that has existed in modern times, fact. Will it be that way for much longer if the direction of the path remains the same, maybe not. Fact is, America has pioneered, and others are now following. You can state that America cares about itself, yet ignore the fact that we have countries ripping us off and screwing us over and yet we are still dishing out millions and millions every single year to aid those. America has helped the world more than ANY other single country that has existed in modern times. Is America perfect? Hell no. As human beings, coming from every nationality, race, religion etc none of us are perfect and everyone from every part of the world as an individual, state, nation, continent has issues.

Every nation needs to be patriotic. I don't go around toting how much better I am or my country is than anyone else or any other country, just see the facts for what they are. One day we will have a world where every country is at peace, and is prospering greatly like America had not too long ago.

Look at America, there is somebody of every religion, nation, race that calls America home. That my friend, is the culture of America. China is more like one mind, one machine. I could care less about celebrities, even though many do. Funny thing is, these same celebrities are known in many, many other countries. Our music, our movies, these individuals are known throughout the world. That again my friend, is American culture. Does that sound like a nation without any culture? Even though many throughout the world enjoy the American culture, when it comes to aspects of artistic expression such as music and movies? I saw BLS last October, and guess what? They not only, like every other musician and artist, travel all over the world, but they have been to Portugal. Go figure. Yet everyone resent's America in general according to you, but loves American music and movies, which is apart of our culture, and begins to inspire others.

Im sorry friend, but your arguement of America having no culture is probably the most naive one i've seen in months on ATS. Im an American, and im damn proud of it. Yet, I love every aspect of this Earth, because this Earth is my home. I would love to go see many parts of the world, especially places in Europe, and see the beautiful, historical structures that exist that do not exist here. Every part of the world has something fascinating and special about it.

ON TOPIC: As for the toy, it doesn't surprise me. A month later and a toy has come out. Also isn't surprising that China went to have a "look." If I was younger, I would probably buy it, and add it to the collection of my GI Joes.
edit on 3-6-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

you have good points, and i agree that that is your opinion and im not trying to change it.

but this

America is known as the greatest nation that has existed in modern times, fact.

if i was a rude poster i'd ask you for your "peer reviewed source"

but since im not, i'll just ask where was this survey taken, where were the ballots because it totally missed me.

or this "world" you mention is the same as the "world" in your local baseball league championship called the "world series"?

and before i get labeled anti american, i have to state i have nothing against the us citizens, wherever they came from originally, like you said it's the people who make a country great, and i agree for the last two centuries americans have been great in many areas, but the focus is on the "have been"

why i have nothing against the concept of patriotism, at the same time, to me it seems patriotism in the united states these days is similar in many ways to masochism...

i love the people, i dislike the system

hate is too much of a strong word even for the imperialist industrial military complex you live under

i dont forget the lives taken by your weapons and your bullets around the world, even when ut wasnt your nationals shooting them.

america has fed every conflict it later came to aid.

and i have proof that america is a "has been" and are resentful and bitter in general.

Proof: this whole argument because of a plastic toy.

and this "culture" you speak of, sorry but i could also call it propaganda.
its like brazilian soaps, they never show poor people or the favelas.
but im not hating on you or trying to make it personal, im just countering your arguments with my views.
so in the meanwhile, go drop coca cola and blue jeans over some african country and god bless ya.

same as there bible thumpers theres flag thumpers, and im not one.

i could prolly badmouth my own country even worse than i did yours, but instead i just look at my country like "another little america"

stay cool

edit on 3/6/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

My thought is that super stealthy look was given to a toy, and now it is being marketed as the secret american helicopter.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
reply to post by FPB214

you have good points, and i agree that that is your opinion and im not trying to change it.

but this

America is known as the greatest nation that has existed in modern times, fact.

if i was a rude poster i'd ask you for your "peer reviewed source"

but since im not, i'll just ask where was this survey taken, where were the ballots because it totally missed me.

or this "world" you mention is the same as the "world" in your local baseball league championship called the "world series"?

and before i get labeled anti american, i have to state i have nothing against the us citizens, wherever they came from originally, like you said it's the people who make a country great, and i agree for the last two centuries americans have been great in many areas, but the focus is on the "have been"

why i have nothing against the concept of patriotism, at the same time, to me it seems patriotism in the united states these days is similar in many ways to masochism...

i love the people, i dislike the system

hate is too much of a strong word even for the imperialist industrial military complex you live under

i dont forget the lives taken by your weapons and your bullets around the world, even when ut wasnt your nationals shooting them.

america has fed every conflict it later came to aid.

and i have proof that america is a "has been" and are resentful and bitter in general.

Proof: this whole argument because of a plastic toy.

and this "culture" you speak of, sorry but i could also call it propaganda.
its like brazilian soaps, they never show poor people or the favelas.
but im not hating on you or trying to make it personal, im just countering your arguments with my views.
so in the meanwhile, go drop coca cola and blue jeans over some african country and god bless ya.

same as there bible thumpers theres flag thumpers, and im not one.

i could prolly badmouth my own country even worse than i did yours, but instead i just look at my country like "another little america"

stay cool

edit on 3/6/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

I said America is "known" as the greatest nation in modern times. That is a fact. That is why there is always dispute about America, that's why America has helped too many, even those who hate the country. It is known, but is it fact? No, that is opinion.

I see American patriotism just like any other country. I see countries patriotism and see it is practically the same as American patriotism. Sure, each has the ones who go a bit too far and think they are the best knife in the drawer, but that exists in every country.

I wasn't talking about conflicts when I was talking about aid, and in most cases that statement was true. Fact remains, we provide aid to countries whether they experience a natural disaster or are just struggling and need to be helped out, and in the end the money probably gets used in some manner against us anyways. Then again that would be our fault. America has negatives like others, but helps the world even if we don't have the time to do that as of now because of our situation.

So America is a "has been" because the Chinese are copying our technology? Doesn't make sense. For all we know, the few secret areas that nobody knows much about such as Area 51 are possibly housing technology far ahead of the rest of the world. That is just speculation of course, but nobody knows. America is a little hostile towards China because they want to copy our technology, that is a fact. Proof; Chinese went to take a "look" at the remains of the stealth heli. Either way, I have no problem with a Chinese man or his family, just the government.

Maybe some of this newer music that has no talent, and autotune every song could be a form of "propaganda." Considering that type of new age music may influence more to be close minded when it comes to true, beautiful, soulfull expression. Yet, for you to label this as all "propaganda" going back from the 1900's to now, is just like you said, "countering" my arguement that movies and films represent the culture of America. These same aspects of our culture are enjoyed throughout the entire world. You don't see too much music, or movies for that matter that flow throughout the world. Not country toting here, but it goes to show many who dislike America like our culture, which is diversity. That is the basis of American culture. You claimed America has no culture, then you just countered because you know your statement was false.

Im not a "flagthumper" either, just see things for what they are. I'll leave it with what I said earlier, like any other country, America is in a rough time right now and it seems our "leaders" are flailing around without totally understanding what they need to do. America seems somewhat scrambled right now, but at the same time still remains one. Hopefully we will get through it and prosper again. Right now though, we are not doing so good.

Yet, prosperity always comes after any type of collapse/bad times. History shows this time and time again.

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
could this have been why there was a raid at the
Pakistan Air Base ???

To keep the Chinese from getting this tech ???

Ooooopppsss
too late !!!

edit on 6/2/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Mate, the whole world saw the photos of the remains of the tail. Including the Chinese.
You are clutching at straws if you think a toy company got access to the remains of the helicopter.

Here's a HUGE hint for you...the only distinguishable remains was the tail. The body of the helicopter was destroyed.
Therefore, the Chinese toy company is SPECULATING, GUESSING, MAKING IT UP, in regards to the rest of the chopper.

The only thing that the Chinese military would have been able to examine would be what we all saw in the photos. The tail. Because the tail was the only thing that was left in tact.

And they wouldn't need to examine it in person, because it's obvious by looking at it how it works. That 'plate' over the tail rotor, and the design of the end of the tail, is designed to reduce noise. We know this because witnesses on the ground reported seeing helicopters that were silent until the moment they passed over them.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The rumor is that its based on the Balckhawk, so I am sure its scaled to a backhawk model.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Looks like 1:144 scale is common for aircraft models. So that is why they chose that scale presumably.

1 to 144 scale models

Silver

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join