It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Russia nuclear arsenal data released

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well say you have a country who is invaded by an occupying force for no reason. A country who wants to take you over and assimilate you as theirs. I think it would be reasonable and justifiable to nuke the invading force if you couldnt fight back conventionally fairly.

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
If Oppenheimer himself realised how evil the weapon he helped create was, then why have none of those who use them yet?

There is no situation that would require a Nuclear/Atomic bomb to be dropped, no matter how you may try to justify it, it will always be Unjust

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Man, that is SICK! wow!!! over 1,100 nuclear bombs have been detonated in tests mostly, witht he exception of hiroshima and nagaski. Looking at the vid, one would think, america was just bombing itself!!! the effin light show going off thier near southern CA! jeesh!!! scary stuff.
I remember as a pre teen int he mid 80's watching CNN sometimes, reagan talking about russia, fighting communism, and decreasing nuclear arsenals. i was old enough 11-12, to understand what was going on. I had seen a documentary that was PBS time to time in 1986..planet earth* all abuot the universe, planets, life, ect. one episode, talked about a nuclear war, and thats how i got educated..they made a small section, of what earth looked like it at a nuclear war with russia, seen over the poles...lights just lighting up over major citys and military sites. showed the kremlin and white house being blasted and nearly vaporized in a quick scene. and at the end, a barren landscape with grey and black radioactive smoke covering the barren landscape.
Thats how i got educated. I remember very much, the famous political scene, of reagan and gorbachav sitting together, and signing a thick thick book, handshaking for nucelar missle disarment and reduction of stockpile...it wa awesome to watch..knowing for political reasons, they didnt like eachother.
Nucelar bombs are NO good. its sovles nothing..thats my conclusion. and who really suffers? the public in either city, and other countrys not even invovled around the world..radiation travels and kills. 10's of millions, in russian citys as well, who have nothing do with thier own government...vaporized or dying of radiation sickness from fallout or direct contamination near ground zero ( gamma rays). all becuae 2 leaders couldnt agree.....now how insane is that realistic concept!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729
Well now, there you have it ATS members.
We are all now "radicals" bordering on the
lunatic fringe. Must be true, MSM says it is so.
Will NBC,CBS, CNN and the rest of the government
controled media jump on the band wagon and substantiate
this startling discovery made by none other that ABC and
some so called writer whose "book" cover looks like a
coloring book for a pre-schooler? Wonder if this guy is going
to make the talk show circiut harking this"book" and the
anxiously awaited revelations it contains? Dont forget to color
inside the lines. Looks like i'm going to have to put on a double layer
of aluminum foil on my mouseketeer hat. Might start getting brutal
around here.
More seriously, although this doesent appear to be a direct shot
at ATS I'm wondering if this has anything to do with SkepticOverlords
recent visit to the IAB in D.C. Just wondering.
Star & flag to the ops

I dont think this have some to do with SkepticOverlord and Springer going to IAB in D.C.

This year’s Fly-In also included a full day of sessions, strategic planning panels and roundtable discussions created specifically to address the business interests of small publishers. The two-day event also served as a unique networking opportunity for small publishers, who, for the most part, work from their homes and have limited opportunities to meet other small business owners like themselve

As you can see, I think it was like a brainstorm opportunity.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Weve let the genie out of the bottle, as i belive einstein had quoted. the thing is, to my knowledge..einsitein was tricked into helping the US government and upenheimmer build the bomb* they told him one thing, and ddint realize it was the US's intentions of doing other things with them* a race had started. uranium, plutonium, and then the hydrogen bomb* The Pilot, from the enola gay i belive, i saw a documantary 2 years ago, whoing him a few years later on some game show on american tv...they had 2 japanese people thier, husband n wife, who survived. he came out on stage, didnt know what to say in an appologetic mode, shook their hands and was explaining to everyone thier on tv...whent he bomb went off..he looked at his co pilot and said* "oh my god, what have done" they didnt wanna drop the bomb..they realized what happened to the civilians. Being in the army, air force, were just doing as we were told our job* its nothing personal....watching it is VRY heart warming, yet sadenning. he gave the 2 japanese people a check aka money. he didnt know what to say...ide be the same if in his shoes..spechless and feeling real bad about it all.
See, thats the other beenift of putting warheads on rockets..quicker time frame than dropping from a long rage bomber, efficient and more accurate, and the pilots dont have to spend the rest of thier lives with it on thier consious. ide imagine for anyone normal, dropping a nuclear bomb on a few million, kowing at least 30,000 are goig be part of the upper atmosphere now...would hauntt you for the rest of yuor natural life. press a simple red button, turna key and hope yuor bunker isnt retaliated on.

They should be made illegal, and never ever used. the only real good thing i can see a use for nuclear warheads is obscure stuff. aliens like in war of the worlds iinvade us or something...incoming asteroid, things like that. its amazing too see in the video here, america LOVED lighting up the southwest
i wonder how much water thier unground is contaminated

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
do you people think that just because you make a nuke it lasts forever?

no it doesnt those numbers are a travesty they should be higher

the rest of the world arms and we disarm.

what happens when a group of countries target this country and not just one?

what happens when china makes over 30,000 nukes.

for nuclear deterrence to work you got to have a working modernized weapon system not something you make back in the 50s and it needs to be maintained.

you can either lead follow or become the victim.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
do you people think that just because you make a nuke it lasts forever?

no it doesnt those numbers are a travesty they should be higher

the rest of the world arms and we disarm.

what happens when a group of countries target this country and not just one?

what happens when china makes over 30,000 nukes.

for nuclear deterrence to work you got to have a working modernized weapon system not something you make back in the 50s and it needs to be maintained.

you can either lead follow or become the victim.

"An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind."

Imagine if every country decided to take the lead

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

just where do you get an eye for an eye?

what do you have agianst being prepared?

better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

as long as this nation exists as long as borders exist mankind will always wage war.

the only thing that changes is how many will die.

and the only thing keeping this country and other countries is their nuclear arsenal.

sure conventional warfare still exists but theres not anyone stupid enough to use them.

ok well there are.

what if someone detonated a nuke in washington dc, chicago, or la?

what is your course of retalitation?

just sit there and cry? or what?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, I will share with you what I think.

Since atomic bombs came to the scene, we never had a world war again, for the simple reason that would be suicide. In a certain way that event guaranteed "peace"worldwide so far.

We have conflicts, some "wars"between David and Goliath, by obscure reasons but we do not have a conflict (and I think this is very hard to happen, unless they want to end the world) worldwide. (post) Modern world wars take place at other levels (economic, technological, etc.) today.

What Iwant to say is that in a nuclear war, after a certain point. (I think that 500 bombs by country are already enough) it does not matter the amount of bombs that a nation have, because if they are used is certain death to all.

edit on 2-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
These aren't the weapons the people of the world should fear.

You're right. Chemical and biological weapons are much more effective at killing people, including entire generations.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

i disagree somewhat with that it depends on what your definitions of peace and war are.

the number of nukes is paramount and i think it does

a few bombs do not mean certain annihilation that 30,000 has.

we are going to disgree here and thats cool with me.

because you can never have too much or not enough.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

i dont believe any country has concrete plans for their nukes, they just feel that the best defense is a good offense. the average person carries a gun because it makes him/her feel safe, they dont have any target in mind. its a pissing contest really, 500 nukes could wipe life from the face of the earth. russia could bring about the end of the human race but theyre still intimidated by America because they have a larger number of nukes

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join