It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video showing the human face of the Chernobyl disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This was filmed in the days after and shows the Soviet clean up crews - who are all presumably dead now.

It is pretty harrowing stuff and I don't think it needs any more to say.

edit on 1-6-2011 by darkmaninperth because: Trying to embed youtube wideo - GRRRR!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by darkmaninperth

Huh? Nothing.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SupremoLagarto

Try it now. Silly youtube embedding.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Wow.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SupremoLagarto

Yes. It isn't often you get to see the human faces of it. The people who were on the ground at the time. They had no idea what they were getting into.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. God bless them.

The quote that one person wrote on YouTube sums up what I am thinking also:

I remember when this happened, i was worried, scared for the world, I remember thinking how heroic those people cleaning the mess were. those people gave there lives to minimise the inpact on the rest of the world. Now its happening again but this time theres little coverage from main stream media no projections on damge or radiation levels why? I have to YT evreything these days.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

I was only in my teens when it happened and it didn't mean all that much to me then. But now and after fukushima - the people sent in to clean it are unsung heroes in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

hi there,

i saw a news report yesterday that said all the senior citizens in Japan are signing up for the clean up process.
true heroes in my opinion.

snoopyuk

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The Japanese seniors are signing up? They are definitely a different people and culture. I couldn't imagine that happening in Australia here.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I remember this incidnet..i was 11 when it happend. from the time i saw this all over the news, even to this very day..they truely are men of men and heros of heros. and if their were women thier, women of women. they are truley the supermen of any action heros
my understanding was even back in 1986..the people who volunteered to clean up on and very close to ground zero, and also those who particiapted in helping to build the cement sarcaphogus around it..knew already it was a death sentence.they were fully aware of what was gunna happen. 40-50 people something like that all gave thier lives, becoming extremely radioactive themselves, to save other and contain it. regardless of politics...they are will be and were the the true heros ....god bless them all each and every single one.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
darkman Thank you for posting this.

It is too easy for us to think of disasters and the effects they have on the ecosystems or the environment, but forget the very important fact of the people, individuals, who are living and dying from the consequences now.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I am so surprised this didn't get anymore flags. This seems to me to be more important than a person claiming to be contacted by the Illuminati through a random website redirection.

top topics

join