It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Peace Index 2011! (first thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Global Peace Index 2011! (first thread

www.visionofhumanity.org

The GPI, produced by the Institute for Economics and Peace, is the world’s leading measure of global peacefulness. It gauges ongoing domestic and international conflict, safety and security in society, and militarisation in 153 countries by taking into account 23 separate indicators.
See the Downloads section to the right to download the full GPI Report, Fact Sheet, Discussion paper and other materials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://2011 Global Peace Index from Vision of Humanity on Vimeo.]

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
hello all. this is my first thread on this site.
i found this very intresting thing about who stands where in this so called "PEACE" world thingy.
i think its really cool that if we were 25% peacefull with other countrys we would actully not be in debt!!

things could turn out soo much better if the world is peacefull. violence is not the answer to anything. i wish are politics would know that.. i hope you guys injoy!

www.visionofhumanity.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
In before people claim this is a zionist plan to take over the world.

Great post btw...but the idiots on ATS always have to make something out of nothing.
edit on 1-6-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Isn't it great how the USA is 82nd. Even China is more peaceful than us. Egypt is more peaceful and they just had a revolution! What does that tell you?

Somalia, coming in at dead last!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
Isn't it great how the USA is 82nd. Even China is more peaceful than us. Egypt is more peaceful and they just had a revolution! What does that tell you?

Somalia, coming in at dead last!

I knew someone would have to make a comment about the USA.
Still rather live here than Xenophobic China or Radically Islamic Egypt.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

i actually thought u.s.a was going to get higher on the list! but thats what i thought. if i would have done this peace rating thing my self i would have marked them lower. with all the crazy $&!^ the usa is doing they would be lower in my book

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Well yes, I wouldn't move to China if you payed me. But, it just goes to show....

I am patriotic, don't get me wrong. I just think our foreign policy is leading us down the wrong road.

Sorry if I sounded anti-American there, I get carried away sometimes

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
reply to post by DuceizBack

Well yes, I wouldn't move to China if you payed me. But, it just goes to show....

I am patriotic, don't get me wrong. I just think our foreign policy is leading us down the wrong road.

Sorry if I sounded anti-American there, I get carried away sometimes

Uhuh.
I guess you don't take into account their oppressive regime which possibly scares a lot of people from committing crime.

I'm not saying usa should be top ten, or even top twenty.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneonyou
reply to post by isthisreallife

i actually thought u.s.a was going to get higher on the list! but thats what i thought. if i would have done this peace rating thing my self i would have marked them lower. with all the crazy $&!^ the usa is doing they would be lower in my book

Go look up HDI.
The USA is top fifteen.
But i'm sure you don't care since you think everything the usa does is bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Let there be peace, peace and peace....

kx

top topics

join