It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Religion Supports a One World Government? (Buddhism does not).

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I am a Christian Buddhist...an oximoron if ever....I see no champoining of a NWO in either beliefs.

As far as I am aware God will reign but my friend this has nought to do with politics, will stand corrected if I am wrong.

link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Sadly you completely misunderstand the concept of nirvana.

You will not learn what it is through 10 minutes of study on Buddhanet.com

Your arguments stem from an americanized version of buddhism. Do some real studying and come back please.

I can point you in the right direction, look these up on google and read them thoroughly before you claim knowledge of buddhism:

Four Noble Truths
The Eight Fold Path
Heart Sutra
Diamond Sutra
Dhammapada

link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

"spreading lies about it, such as; the Dalai Lama is a CIA spy , and no one since Buddha has reached enlightenment "

ahem budda never reached enlightenment that was just illusions of his mind from starvation

try it your self starve your self and meditate for a few days straight and tell me what you see

winners write history

only thing buddha saw was the cocktail of chemicals his brain produced because it was starved from the hunger

NOBODY has reached this imaginary state because it doesn't exist including the dalai

link   

I think that what some people miss in budhism is that life is suffering, and 'nirvana' simply the escape ie, the moment of death. I dont think budhism is as beautiful as people think... It increases the likelihood of suicide. imo.

people reach nirvana all the time (they die)
edit on 1-6-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by filosophia

How do you know there is no God? The Buddha never even made that claim. And I am not defending Christianity, I am telling others that you do not speak for Buddhism. All religions point towards the Truth, however not many followers of any of them understand what that is, instead they get lost in the practice and community aspects of said religion, including Buddhists.

PS - If you feel this strong of a need to defend Buddhists why don't you take the leap, renounce the world, join a Sangha and become a monk?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The biblical revelations are obtuse and open to interpretation, kinda like the rapture that didn't happen, and all the other raptures that were supposed to happen but don't. Buddhism is very clear on suffering being caused by impermanence and desire.

This has to do with the one world government because three of the major religions is about serving a system that is inherently linked to government, whereas Buddhism is not linked to any type of government.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

Yea sadly i havnt understood nirvana??

what about christianity when i ask them about here bs ?

"sadly you havnt learned about jesus and his salvation"

what about when i ask a muslim ?

"sadly you havnt learned about allah and what it means to be a TRUE muslim"

what about when i ask the hindus?

"sadly you don't understand the vedas to get a grasp of reality "

how about the jews?

"sadly you don't understand the old testment and you should take more time to study it "

how about the unicorn people ?

"sadly your to blind to see the unicorn people , it takes years of learning to understand"

please......... save me the bs

i can easily point you to any religion or cult or political standpoint

and link you 10000 websites and tell you to go read it and understand reality ...

but why would i insult your intelligence ?

please save me the bs
edit on 1-6-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

How do you know there is no God? The Buddha never even made that claim. And I am not defending Christianity, I am telling others that you do not speak for Buddhism. All religions point towards the Truth, however not many followers of any of them understand what that is, instead they get lost in the practice and community aspects of said religion, including Buddhists.

PS - If you feel this strong of a need to defend Buddhists why don't you take the leap, renounce the world, join a Sangha and become a monk?

The Buddha actually believed in the existence of 33 gods, but never stated that nirvana is God. The absolute truth is not a person or personality, but the essence of being.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

meh its existentialism made a belief system, its not as special as thelema :p
33 gods, or 33 reality tunnels? (read robert anton wilson)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Actually the Buddha did not reach enlightenment until after he realized that starvation won't lead to enlightenment. The Buddha was born a prince, living in luxury, so he thought being an asetic would bring him enlightenment. He did try and starve himself to death, but this didn't bring him enlightenment. Only when he found the middle path between the extremes of wealth and poverty did he find peace and contentment.

link   

Again, I repeat, you are doing more damage then good for Buddhism by posting threads like this. You will not, I repeat, you will not convert anyone to Buddhism in this manner. Plus, if you are not a Buddhist yourself then why are you arguing for it? Why not become a monk?

link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Yea sadly i havnt understood nirvana??

what about christianity when i ask them about here bs ?

"sadly you havnt learned about jesus and his salvation"

what about when i ask a muslim ?

"sadly you havnt learned about allah and what it means to be a TRUE muslim"

what about when i ask the hindus?

"sadly you don't understand the vedas to get a grasp of reality "

how about the jews?

"sadly you don't understand the old testment and you should take more time to study it "

how about the unicorn people ?

"sadly your to blind to see the unicorn people , it takes years of learning to understand"

please......... save me the bs

If you claim to know about christianity, and you havent read the bible, I will tell you to go read the bible and visit a mass to get an idea of what they do.

If you claim to have knowledge of Islam, and you havent read the koran, I will tell you to go read the Koran and visit a mosque to see what they are about.

If you haven't read the upanishads and the vedas, you will not understand hinduism, and somehow I doubt you have read them all, cause there are quite a few.

The same goes for Buddhism. Visit a buddhist temple, talk to some monks, read the buddhist texts then compose your arguements. What you have learned through televsion and a few minutes on the internet is not enough knowledge to be able to understand what you are arguing about.

If your only argument is that nirvana is a seperate unicorn dimension, that is not an educated argument based on anything that buddhism says.

edit on 1-6-2011 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I believe that the Jehovah's Witnesses cult follows a One World Government, New World Order philosophy. Having been brought up in the cult it is all we ever heard about. BUT, it is interesting to note, for doubters that their bible is called the 'New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures' and their founder used Knights Templar symbols on their Zion's Watchtower magazines. If that doesn't say something towards their being a NWO group, then what does?
They are very much into end times beliefs, with One World Government, One World Religion (their own, of course).

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

According to Buddhism, reincarnation occurs after death. So under Buddhism nirvana is not equal to death but liberation from the cycle of birth and death.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

somebody read hermann hesse and got all excited lol, good on ya, if you're having fun and life is good then you're going in the right direction, dont worry about the nwo or the other faiths let them be... live and let live

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

actually no my argument is there all in the same pile of smelly bs

reading ancient texts or opinions from others on what they mean proves nothing but ignorance and lack of understanding of reason and logic .

Those scripts didn't help us back then and it sure isnt helping us today.

Those i see who actually are in the field and research the scripts are doing as bad as you right now =/ sorry

What part of it did you miss? or should i repeat?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Yes, what I meant was they are into their own version of a one world government, a one world christian government, just as Islam is into a one world Islamic government. Not necessarily a one world Rothschild government.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

aha so think of it this way:

life is suffering, you die but you get reincarnated.
so niravana is death for ever no reincarnation.
being and nothingness: J . P. Sartre.
(to wish for nothingness for ever is a cop out not beauty)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

But you can experience nirvana now, in this lifetime. It is a liberation of mind. Freeing the mind. If you could not experience this now, then you wouldn't be able to know what is to come.

But since this can not be illustrated to another, the true way of teaching is the negative method, "not this, not that," in that the entire physical cosmos is impermanent and subject to suffering. This is an undeniable fact of life. The truth, which people try to conceal because they do not wish to live in a world so painful. However, if they experienced the bliss within (Budhahood) they would realize that the world is an illusion and their true spirit is infinite and powerful.

as opposed to other religions which teach that man is a sinful creature, needing the salvation of God or the prophets.
edit on 1-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
That's all how tptb direct these religions. Budda is the model to this world of seeking within. He is a good model to tptb, as he walked away from his position, wealth and family to join the people. And he spent his life meditating and journeying within to awaken and even recall parts of his past lives.

Yeshua was a person who had Found who he was already, the precious pearl. He was wide awake and was his Higher Self, therefore was Superman in the system. He did not promote one world governments either, in fact, his teachings were about Taking The World Out Of Your Eye, not following or pursuing greed, fancy clothing, promotions, but equalizing, helping, serving the poor, serving those in need. Spending your life helping others and shining your light, seeing every day as tests.

I don't understand understand where you're getting politics at all, in these messages. In both those cases, politics are a part of the problems in this world and we're to see through the world, to understand who is running it. To be as innocent as Lambs and as wise as serpents wide awake, to see the injustices and inequality and to LOVE.

Matthew 23;13

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

This is what he said to the controllers. The Power of Love and the Love of Power.

So where does a one world government/fascist world by the Nazi's who folded camp and moved to the US have anything to do with Budda and Christ?

The current pope is SS. Prince Phillip is SS. The US is SS.

Fascism is pure evil.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join