It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game - 52,000 Stadium Atten

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Perhaps you missed it? As per Kenneth Sams nephew, Kenneth was flying the kites above the stadium. Yup, the inventor himself! Case solved! Kenneth Sams lived in Pittsburgh.

edit on 16-6-2011 by elouina because: Kenneth Sams didn't just have family in Pittsburgh, he WAS from Pittsburgh himself.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Sams lived in England and his nephew's account is hearsay.

To me, that makes it very probable that Sams was responsible...not *proof.*

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

He was born on February 9 1922 in Bridgeville Pennsylvania, one of a family of 10 children of Syrian immigrants.

A familiar figure to Londoners and tourists for many years, flying his shimmering holographic UFO SAM kites from Westminster Bridge or over the Round Pond, Kenneth Sams invented and patented the rotating kite.

Kenneth Sams February 9 1922 - January 31 2003

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I can read. Thanks. Probable not proof.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
These are fake and have been proven fake..please move it mods

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Good job on your detective skills.

I think that this definitey earned you a flag. Yes you have hundreds of flags and one was not mine. Sorry, I will correct that, for following through and getting the answers.
Job well done.
edit on 16-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
at first i did also just see thoses 2 Ufo ( maybe rotor klit ) but i havent read the hole treath.but i saw something ells in of the videos with the 2ufo. maybe a real and maybe more Ufo in that video..

in this video there are something ells. 1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game Part 4

here is a pic : gratisupload.dk...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kadara_dk

That was one of may video artifacts. If you watch, the arifacts are all over the place.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Very interesting video, watched it a few times over. I'm a sucker for new and interesting UFO footage.

The first thing that came to mind was this:

UFO battle over Zurich

For those who don't know, this story ran in the Zurich newspaper hundreds of years ago. The shapes presented here resemble a sphere and a cross, as in the Zurich painting.

That being said, the rotor kites make much more sense to me. You'll never ever be able to prove one way or the other based on this video, as there is no depth of field and thus no way to tell if UFOs are 100 feet above the stadium or a 100 miles.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wow, I have lived in Pittsburgh off and on my whole life and have never heard of this before. Great stuff, good work with the video also!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am not one to believe in all the elaborateness that is religion(Christianity in particular), however; the first thing that came to mind when watching the videos was Ezekiel's 'Wheel within a Wheel.' Ezekiel described this object as an encounter with God...which I believe is a misinterpretation of something extraterrestrial.

Here is an artists rendering based on Ezekiel's description. Let's not forget how people tend to exaggerate or misinterpret unknown phenomena:

I've seen quite a few odd things, but nothing like this.

I imagine the kite idea has more foothold here than something incredibly out of the ordinary...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Very clear and interesting video. The two quicky spinning objects do look like those kites, but there are various smaller black circles flying around them very quickly in different directions.

Thanks for the work!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple
They look like roter kites.
www.ict.griffith.edu.au...
Looks organic like the wind to me and not a inteligent controlled object.

edit on 6/1/2011 by staple because: (no reason given)

THATS JUST LAME... Those UFOs are legit. Look how it appears to be a wheel inside a wheel, kinda like what ezekiel describes- probably the ONLY part of the bible that makes any sense.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

could be probes

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I am Greg, proud son of Kenneth Sams, inventor of "UFO SAM" (for unconventional flying object). It is not technically a kite. He flew over that Pittsburgh game when visiting his sisters, flying wherever he sent, preferably over public events and sometimes getting in trouble and the news. We flew them often at night from London's Waterloo Bridge, invisible until rising above the bottom-lit buildings on the bank and erupting as flashing lights in the night sky, looking as though on the edge of the atmosphere. Caused a few stirs.

After WW2 dad sold balsa wood kits for rota-kites on the beach in LA to fund himself at UCLA on the G.I. Bill. They were a lawn-mower layout with a rectangular center wing and a disc on each end. He worked for Uncle Sam the next 21 years, retired early, and went straight back to his first love, that rota-kite, using the new expanded polystyrene, eliminating the messy bits and increasing its strength.

The principle (forget its name) on which the original rota-kite flew was that the rotating wing created a downwards pressure, contained by the discs, which gave it lift. You had to launch it the right way up or it flew straight down. Long story made short: several materials and many years and tinkerings later, with zero knowledge of aeronautics, Ken eliminated the wing, making it a flat oval disk, and put one round wing in the center. The UFO Sam could launch either way up and was no longer a kite, as kites need a wing. There is no known principle explaining why it flies.

Many designs for spinning flyers, Ken's whole story, worldwide press clips, and poignant Final Words in his book - search Flying Toys sams at Amazon. Some story here: craigsams.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gregasola

Thank you for visiting this thread. I almost feel sad putting a UFO myth to rest for many in the Pittsburgh area. But it was also fun investigating this and finally getting an answer. My biggest question is, why didn't the news publish this story in 1979? There were a lot of folks out there without answers that deserved one. Pity huh?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I might have let it ride, but Ken would have been upset with the "kite" word being used in the thread to describe his Unconventional Flying Object. He always hoped the mysterious principle by which if flies would be picked up and put to use for power generation and more. Any engineers reading this?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

looks like you have that right on the button

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join