It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game - 52,000 Stadium Atten

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Perhaps if you have a HQ clip you could upload to fileserve dotcom, or a free filehost like that, it might clear up some things.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by elouina

So what you are seeing in the compressed video is not what is actually there.

So we're supposed to have a discussion about material only you have access to? You should make an HD version of just the objects available, otherwise this discussion is pointless.

Quite frankly, although I am a fast learner with software, it would still take me too much time to figure out how to create a special video for you or anyone. Perhaps later, it depends on how time consuming I determine it to be. Besides, right now I would rather experiment with the software and the video. Get a feel for what all the software can do. The small pic in one of my above posts was one of my results. And was not even recognizable on my TV . It was just a dark blob.

The pictures I enhanced are not any different than the stills.. But the stills are even better since they are exactly what I was viewing on my TV without any zoom or corrections. So enjoy the stills, it took me a lot of effort to video tape those off my TV, upload them etc...

I am more than happy to post an occasional pic from my work. If you all want to see them. Do you? Or would I be trashing up the thread?

And the stunt kiter commented on my YouTube video. In case you decide that I made that person up.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I do agree that a lot of the roto-kite examples COULD explain it - the problem I have is the clarity of the OP video, and THAT to me is not obviously a kite

I imagine most people didn't even notice it, they were too busy watching the game

I also agree its a good idea to get some raw video up somewhere that someone can comb over it with you

if its good enough quality, and this is a rotokite, at some point you should be able to freeze frame proof of that

Finally, I think everyone is missing the point - Elouina's main goal IS to debunk this - she's not hunting for proof that it is alien, she's trying to find proof that it is not - so I don't think she's bias when everything keeps coming back that its NOT a kite - a balloon? maybe.... how is it spinning like that? where is the tie off? how is it so perfectly round? how are the 2 connected?

I'm pretty quick to deny everything I see on this website... so .... when I can't just outright deny something, I keep coming back to it

Here I am.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Perhaps if you have a HQ clip you could upload to fileserve dotcom, or a free filehost like that, it might clear up some things.

TKDRL, I was going to offer you one time FTP access to my files. Since I felt I could trust you. And thought we could make a good team. I even had you up in my message panel, but decided to think about it more. Since I would be offering a stranger access to my server.

But well, I think I am a bit irked right now. Since I feel I don't have to "clear anything up". I posted a few stills of a three dimensional round object. But now I have to prove it is round in the other frames too? Geez....Should I also prove that the stadium is still standing when you aren't looking at it? I think I will go grab a drink, and go play with my software right now.
edit on 8-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by youallcrazy
maybe something like this for spherical UFO, maybe non-RC version of it.

youtu.be...

Although not what we are looking for, it is a good find. I watched the video earlier but was messing with my software. Or I would have replied earlier. We need to check when they were first made. Obviously without the computer though. And also see what other models are available. Thanx!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I wouldn't recommend that, even for myself. Glad you had second thoughts on that, even though I know I would never do anything bad, you don't know me. It's not safe at all.

The stills to me are pretty good debunking on all the debunk theories thrown out so far. I really don't have a dog in the race here, I have seen a giant UFO with my own eyes, didn't look like the sphere though.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The left image is round. That is for certain. I was able to see this for all 3 times the objects were shown on camera. Only 1 out of a zillion frames, does it look only roundish vs round. And although I can see that image is falling off for the right object, the stills are the only clear images for the right object. I really can't see much detail since the software is just showing dark fuzzy spots in a cross like shape. Maybe I should try another software program. This one had a free trial, thus why I gave it a go.

The first time the objects were shown, is the clearest footage of all 3 instances. That is what I showed the stills from. Not sure what to think of them. Are they a true representation? Dunno... But that is some strange stuff I saw on my TV screen, right in front of me. And I wanted to share it. I guess we need to look at all evidence together.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Wow!!! That is crazy...They don't quite look like solid objects though to me in this one, my eyes could be bothering me though.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Neat! Those look like super sped up versions of what my wife and I saw once flying overhead at two different times independently. The ones we saw produced random like flashing of lightning bright intensity over the pitch black skin of the 'object'. Just cruising along. Maybe the ones we saw were running out of power or malfunctioning or something. That was my impression anyway. These look like they're running just fine with symetrical discharging.

Sorry, I haven't read the 16 pages. Just wanted to chime in.

And I appreciate your work, whether they are the real deal or not!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thanx for the comments everyone. last night my head was swimming while trying to go over the videos. Previously I was only concentrating on what I call "event 1" (out of three), since those were the clearest shots. And just skimmed over the other 2 viewing events. The left one is a breeze, since It repeats over and over again in all 3 events. The right one isn't so clear in the last 2 events, but has more shape than you are seeing in the twice converted Youtube video.

I am not a video expert. And I think what ever info the public gets should be from the investigator. And I will just fiddle around for my own benefit.

Just to repeat important aspects of this. Please check out the stills on page 13 for some really strange looking pictrures of the objects.

Secondly, to quote the investigator:

Hello Again, I just viewed vid and stills and can say it is not a kite and not a balloon and nothing we have flying is like it.

And lastly to quote the stunt kite person:

Huh.. Just watched that video again and damn.. I will never believe that these are kites.. What I was talking about is "rotor ufo kites" , but they are really hard to control to be in formation like that and they are just too high..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Been toying around with mostly the round UFO. I got a kick out of this.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This is just too much fun. Don't know if the right is deinterlaced properly. But it looks kewl.

edit on 9-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Knew I'd seen the "pretzel" shape before, by chance stumbled on it again!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Curious, what is that a picture of?
Or... where did it come from?
Or... I don't know, just curious

edit on 10-6-2011 by Forevever because: more info!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's at the 6:38 point in this video:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The left object seems to be the one that provides the most information to us. And I figure it is a good place to start. It is definately round, and rotates from bottom to top really fast. My biggest question to date is, can a balloon or round kite, rotate that way and so fast. I feel the lines would get in the way for starters. Secondly it would have to be heavier for how fast it is moving. Plus it is very high up in the sky, and in formation. The kite person said this is not something one could normally do. Does anyone have any answers for these questions?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is incomplete work. But I just figured out how to show that the left object is always round. I used the first event that the objects were shown since it is the clearest. You can expect a much improved update. I have learned a lot about the software. And even hotwired some other free software to make it perform better than expensive purchased. There are some neat tricks to be learned online.

Anyways, don't forget to pause it. Oh I will be taking this video down once improved upon. So look later in the post if this is missing.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
well..nice video...but probably just swamp gas or kites with LED lights

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My agenda was only one thing. To prove exactly what they were. And I was hoping with increased exposure in the Pittsburgh area, the truth would come out. So I sat back and waited... And I am very satisfied with the answer.

Right now I have an agenda. To find proof that UFO's really exist. So maybe I hit a road block this time. But perhaps next time it will be the real deal. And the video is still extremely interesting. To actually get to see reactions to suspected UFO's. So I am still very proud of my find. Plus I got to put a local UFO legend to rest. Also much to be proud of.

So is it a UFO or a kite? Bridgeville resident Scott Wethli said it's both. "This is a UFO kite," Wethli said. "It's intended to look like a UFO, exactly." Wethli said the UFO-looking kites were designed by his uncle, Kenneth Sams, who lived in England and died in 2003. "The ones he flew over the stadium are the ones he's made, with that Mylar," Wethli said. "That's why they're shiny up there." Apparently the model Sams flew above Three Rivers Stadium more than 30 years ago wasn't the only one that caused a stir. "He did it in England and he caused some kind of traffic wreck in front of [Buckingham] Palace," Wethli said. "And he got in all kinds of trouble about it."

Steelers UFO Mystery Uncovered

Oh and I was correct when I felt it shape shifted. This could solve a lot of shape shifting UFO's.

One new kite lists is the "Ultimate Flying Object" which looks very interesting and I look forward to building one at some point. The kite is designed to change its shape to accomodate whatever wind speed.

Kenneth Sams (RIP)

You know the more I think about it, this video gets even better. We have video here of the inventor of UFO kites flying them over a major stadium. Awesome!!!!
edit on 16-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Here's Sams with a couple of his UFO rotor-kites...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67480d8f5b0d.jpg[/atsimg]

In a short biography, he sounds quite a guy. He published left-field magazines about eco-subjects and earned America's highest civilian decoration...

In 1969 the Air Force bombed the Ho Chi Minh Trail for 3 months to show that bombing could stop 90% of the flow of supplies to the Viet Cong. Kenneth refused to sign off the report claiming success because, as he stated, the flow of supplies always fell by 90% during the monsoon season, when the trail was too muddy to move any heavy amounts of materiel. This refusal led to his being demoted from chief of CHECO to deputy chief and being retired on pension a month later.

For the next decade scholars from Colorado State and the Air Force Academy visited him in London to interview him for the real story of what had happened in that period, as the historical record had been ’coordinated’ to a point where it was devoid of relevance. A year later General Ginsberg flew over specifically to visit him in London to present him with the Exceptional Civilian Service award, America’s highest civilian decoration. Nonetheless, he regarded the CHECO project as a failure, frustrated by the fact that the insightful analysis it produced failed to influence military policy.
Link

None of which is *proof* that he flew the kites above the Steelers' stadium, but it's more probable than the alternative.

I think you've handled the thread well and cut-loose when it began to look more and more like a man-made object.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join