It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1979 Video Of National Broadcast- Pittsburgh Daylight UFO'S At Football Game - 52,000 Stadium Atten

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by imthinking
I'd say someones been to china, seen the design, made one out of straws and tin foil and because it was a football game day decided to fly them to get people talking haha and because of the 1970's rubbishy tv camera the reflections from the sun are flashing the camera and appearing to be all the colours of the rainbow

I would totally buy this explanation had someone come forward and taken credit. I thought the picture in general was very good for something in the 70's. Nothing else is in question..... I can even see laces on the football at one point.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Originally posted by imthinking
I'd say someones been to china, seen the design, made one out of straws and tin foil and because it was a football game day decided to fly them to get people talking haha and because of the 1970's rubbishy tv camera the reflections from the sun are flashing the camera and appearing to be all the colours of the rainbow

I would totally buy this explanation had someone come forward and taken credit. I thought the picture in general was very good for something in the 70's. Nothing else is in question..... I can even see laces on the football at one point.

You know what forevever ? Lets not waste time with other folks kite conjecture. I think we need to have folks that know what they are doing, work with this. I think we have an opportunity to prove if these are kites or not 100%. If I am getting such good quality on a large screen rear projection TV, just imagine what a professional can do? Although folks here state the opposite, this is an excellent quality video for the 70's. Want to see what my first video was like? I will post it. Heck it is chopped all over the place too.

And even if I prove them to be kites (but I prefer UFO's
) I will be happy, since it will be the proven truth. I will keep you updated Forevever.

edit on 4-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I hate the fact that people can clearly see ufos regularly but still prefer to follow what they are told by their leaders and other non-believers.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Theone15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Poorly edited. You need to cut out the barbasol commercial. and get to the point.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevooo
Poorly edited. You need to cut out the barbasol commercial. and get to the point.

And the next thing you know, folks would have been claiming the footage wasn't from the game. I left a chunk of the game on each clip for that reason. In that particular clip, they cut out of a commercial to show the objects. So I cut it during the game and right before the commercials started. A case of darn if you do, darn if you don't.
edit on 5-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by imadork2012

You are kidding right?
That's not helpful and they are not birds.
Clearly.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is exactly the same thing I saw! I had never seen any videos that even resembled what i saw, but damn, this is it! It is exactly the same apart from the thing I saw was on it's own. Weird...

I just stumbled on this thread now!

Here was my thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I think we need to have folks that know what they are doing, work with this. I think we have an opportunity to prove if these are kites or not 100%.

I agree 100% - this thread been going for a couple days now and everyone who immediately says "KITE" should easily have been able to go out and recreate the video for us

then we can all go back to hunting for the real proof

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by elouina

I think we need to have folks that know what they are doing, work with this. I think we have an opportunity to prove if these are kites or not 100%.

I agree 100% - this thread been going for a couple days now and everyone who immediately says "KITE" should easily have been able to go out and recreate the video for us.

then we can all go back to hunting for the real proof

There are a few plans in progress right now. As for the the right object, that is the most telling. The reason it has many different appearances is due to which side is being filmed at the moment. I have drawn it on paper, and marked each side. And where each clip falls into place. Yup, each side is different. Now did you notice that there is something thick, solid, and swirled around this? And it ends in a very large half loop on the top. If this was a kite, how could it fly with something solid and heavy attached? It also has a bottom that goes downward, than bends out sideways with a zig zagged like bumper. Like it could actually rest on it. Maybe not. (Almost looks like a godzilla foot.) But I left a message with someone I know that may be able to recreate it in 3D graphics. Not certain how good he is with 3D. This is for my benefit until it is analyzed properly.

Now look at these pics. They don't look like any kind of kite. Although it does seem to move like a kite. But then again a kite is built to be aerodynamic. If you wanted to float and flutter around, this would be the right design. Maybe it is manmade, but not a kite. Could the left object be a large unmanned hot air balloon without the basket? Then the shiny center part we see, could be the burner? And would be large enough to drag something somewhat aerodynamic along? And the dragged spinning mechanical object would keep it from going too high in the sky? (Weighted unmanned hot air balloon.) And of course there is still the alien UFO's. The man that mentioned this event to me, told me he was privy to this info, and that it was the "real deal". Thus the reason it was hushed and covered up. But for all I know it was just a rumor since he wouldn't name his source.

Now tonight I talked with an acquaintance who pointed out something I was not aware of. (I am not a sports fan.) He said that there is nowhere to fly a kite into the stadium nearby. Now I am not certain about this. But we both agreed, a kite expert is also in order to determine this. Plus I would like to know if it is possible for a totally round kite to spin like it is.

I swear the right object looks familiar to me in 2 totally different shots. In the shots above, maybe it is because it reminds me of some sort of umbrella aerial tram at an amusement park? Or maybe even an umbrella ride? Ah ha! We had a ride at kennywood that reminds me of this!
edit on 6-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Dare I say it, but those stills from the last page look organic? It doesn't look like something manufactured to me.

The white sphere inside the 3/4 sphere is very interesting. I would love to see what a clear shot of that little white sphere is. It looks like it has something attached to the bottom of it.

I know what I think it looks like, but i'm not going to say!

Have you got in contact with the person you mentioned was going to examine the video? What's happening with that line of enquiry?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Weird coincidence? Probably!

All I did was sharpen, and adjust colour saturation:

Clockwise, starting top left:
1. original image
2. sharpened
3. 50% desaturastion
4. 100% desaturation

Anybody who thinks I did anything other that what I said above, I advise you go do the same in some photo editing software.

edit on 6-6-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
Have you got in contact with the person you mentioned was going to examine the video? What's happening with that line of enquiry?

Well, it was the weekend, and most folks have to catch up. The person I left a phone message with to try 3d was my daughters fiance. She never takes her messages off. Grrr... But she reads her facebook, so I will ask there too. He has a 4 year graphics degree. They take forever to get back to me and live over 100 miles away. The other places are kind of major. So maye they won't even give me the time of day? Perhaps I should try to find some experience folks that aren't so "big". Any suggestions?

Oh and what is the weird coincidence with those pics?

I got free trials on quality video software. And really can't seem to get as good as I got with my TV screen. Dunno...

Could video of kites give these kinds of weird stills. Perhaps distortion caused by their movement? Maybe what looks solid is actually swirl affect? And yes they do look organic. I noticed this too. Could it be affects from the spinning also?
edit on 6-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I got a question.... When you are watching it on the TV, is from VCR or a DVD copy?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If it was rotor kites where is the string? Surely there would be clear footage of the string too no?

Definitely not birds, and in he footage with the clouds there are things/objects around the 2 UFO's that flicker in and out of view really quickly. Needs some frame by frame analysis by someone who is expert in the subject, and someone who is unbiased.

Also, if it was kites no one would have batted an eye-lid as they would have known what they were, you certainly wouldn't cut a Tin Can Alley commercial short for kites!
edit on 6-6-2011 by 4hero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Sorry I should have explained. I was trying to get a clearer image of what the spheroid was inside the sphere. Just by sheer coincidence it looks like a little grey alien piloting the sphere, eyes and all, just thought it was quite funny!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Sorry I should have explained. I was trying to get a clearer image of what the spheroid was inside the sphere. Just by sheer coincidence it looks like a little grey alien piloting the sphere, eyes and all, just thought it was quite funny!

LOL wow ok I totally see that - could be that thing where we look for faces in things (I forget the word) - but it really is a weird coincidence

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I got a question.... When you are watching it on the TV, is from VCR or a DVD copy?

DVD

Originally posted by elouina

Oh that.
That is what freaked me out the first time I saw it. I thought it was obvious to everyone.
Everyone that I have showed those stills to said they don't think they are kites. And were a bit freaked out by them.

I really don't think folks realize that the stills are there on YouTube. I hope this wasn't tacky, but I added a note to the beginning of video #1 mentioning that they should check out the unusual stills. Hope it helps. I just want analysis by as many folks as possible. Oh and I emailed someone else local to see if they would be interested in this case. Until those stills are explained, as far as I am concerned, they are unidentified.
edit on 7-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Cool, look forward to what you can dig up!

I don't think there are many experts on ATS that I have seen in the time I have been here. There are lots of clever people who can spot fakes and hoax's but as this doesn't fall within those categories, you'll be best seeking outside help.

You should try to get hold of Nick Pope. He's pretty clued up on all things UFO, and is open to possibilities. He might be able to give you some good contacts too.

Let me know how you get on!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Hmmm, would it be possible to upload the VOB or ISO copy? I might be able to get something clear out of the original, or maybe someone that is an expert at video with some kickass program could come up with something. I would be willing to give it a shot at least.
edit on Tue, 07 Jun 2011 06:08:07 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Cool vid, but looks to me like birds with the sun shining on their flapping wings,or kites.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join