It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist prays to God...... Mom wins a million bucks !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

No joke either. It seems this full on atheist, said a mock prayer to God for his Mom to win the New york state lottery. She found out the next day. She was a winner. To top it all off the story says he converted.

What do I think of this ? Still collecting thoughts so I'm posting a lil short on text. Because I can't wait to hear what ats has to say. I will say I've been giggling the whole time Im writing.
This has been a pretty funny day.

Just look at the header ?

I guess that's what I think then. Hilarious ! You couldn't write this stuff. Who's with me on hittin this guy up for movie rights ?
edit on 31-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Great. So now we have a God who will convert Atheists... for a million dollars a pop. I wonder which God he is? I need to know so I can cash in on this too.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This is a propaganda story put out by a religious group.

There is no truth in it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I definitely do not believe in god... *cough*... I said... I DEFINITELY DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD... and I'm taking out a lottery ticket this week... Now if I were to win... well..... *winks at the clouds*.

That wasn't too obvious was it? Do you think he heard?

IRM

edit on 31/5/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm sure this is a true story for we all know that instead of preventing natural disasters or regional genocide, god's busy awarding lotteries, touchdowns and cars from Oprah for those that ask

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by randyvs

Great. So now we have a God who will convert Atheists... for a million dollars a pop. I wonder which God he is? I need to know so I can cash in on this too.

I think its Genesha

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

You would think that with all that tax free money that God gets for nothing in return, he could easily afford to bribe atheists to believe. I think I'm going to start making "mock prayers" (even though the bible commands you not to mock God or he will kill you). Lucky for me though, since logic would win out and I still wouldn't believe in God since I could easily see that as a fluke of chance. Especially since merely winning the lottery is such a rediculously unlikely occurance to begin with.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
I'm sure this is a true story for we all know that instead of preventing natural disasters or regional genocide, god's busy awarding lotteries, touchdowns and cars from Oprah for those that ask

Aw c'mon, God doesn't cause natural disasters, that's just crazy talk.

Everybody knows all that stuff is caused by HAARP.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Oh Sat-..uh...God...make me rich and I shall grovel at your feet.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well what the hell is your problem god? You never answered my prayers of need when I was a little kid that did believe, you are a jerk!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

Seems pretty real.

today.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
hmmmm - Just how many atheists pray and do not win a thing -- only luck is bad luck ---- Then again, I wonder how many Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindi, Buddhists, etc. pray their life away only to have not-such-good-luck.

Maybe the "gods" are playing with everyone and are playing their own game of "who can get the most prayers and still treat man so poorly"? --- I saw it in a Hercules movie once. --smile ---

Why can't man simply use what he has been given - his mind, body and soul to DO GREAT THINGS FOR ALL?

Guess hoping and praying are "Easier" as man is basically lazy, and wants "daddy" to take care of him -- and listen to his many excuses and failure to accept any responsibility and pay any consequences --- hmmm Can you say "little boys & girls - forever young -- Nap Time Children!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You people have only lived up to my greatest expectations so far. Blown away in to the tundra.

Cheeto's and stars for everyone.

edit on 31-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wow, now he needs to pray for relief for the starving children in Africa! Anyways, now that he's christian I guess they'll be giving 10 percent to a church or something?
edit on 31-5-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Wow, now he needs to pray for relief for the starving children in Africa! Anyways, now that he's christian I guess they'll be giving 10 percent to a church or something?
edit on 31-5-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

No kiddin. What is up with this guy ? I'm gonna throw in a possible conspiracy here. To ask if any one thinks this guy might have been ratholing his talent all this time ? Disguised as an atheist til the end times were upon us? God saw that the job was proving to be a lil to much for me.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
At least he was a man of principle. Most die-hard atheists say they would convert if X happens, then when X actually happens, they chalk it up to luck.
edit on 1-6-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Aw c'mon, God doesn't cause natural disasters, that's just crazy talk.

Everybody knows all that stuff is caused by HAARP.

Silly you, HAARP has secret energy cell that is powered by prayers.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Wait a minute. Doesn't bible say something like "It's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven"? And other such "anti-rich" things.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
All so called 'answered prayers' are just a coincidence.

I want to know why god won't heal amputees, just once I want to see god give someone a new arm or a new leg. Seems god has time for some people that are suffering and not others. I find that very unfair- a big thumb down for you god

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

yeah so im an atheist and my mom has cancer, can i have a million bucks plz?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join