It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist prays to God...... Mom wins a million bucks !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by Hydroman
Wow, now he needs to pray for relief for the starving children in Africa! Anyways, now that he's christian I guess they'll be giving 10 percent to a church or something?
edit on 31-5-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

No kiddin. What is up with this guy ? I'm gonna throw in a possible conspiracy here. To ask if any one thinks this guy might have been ratholing his talent all this time ? Disguised as an atheist til the end times were upon us? God saw that the job was proving to be a lil to much for me.

I was being sarcastic btw. Lmao.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Wait a minute. Doesn't bible say something like "It's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven"? And other such "anti-rich" things.

The lottery winner and other people think he is lucky huh?

Makes you wonder if there is such a thing as a curse in disguise.

Then again, it was the mother that won the lottery so maybe he is lucky.

edit on 1-6-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Coming from someone who wholeheartedly believes in God ... Id have to say if theres any truth to that .. it's just co-incidence ...

By that same way of thinking .. every winner who wins the jackpot, could think God helped them .. it was his will ..

I doubt God is controlling the lotteries, and the likes ...

Tho he, or his angels could, and likely have intervened with earthly things many times ...

I'd be more inclined to think if there were any intervention here, it was probably some darker force ...

I doubt God would ever bring someone to him in such a fashion, by answering a mock prayer .. with money of all things ...

Time may tell .. when we see how this answered prayer, shapes his future world .. If it was a Godly blessing or not
edit on 1-6-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

If this weren't my thread, I would have posted the exact samething.
The use of the word coincidence seems to be a stand by for atheism.
There is no coincidence. Nothing in this universe is beyond control.
God has set the Universe in motion as if it were a gigantic time piece.
The correct word that seems to always be avoided. Synchronicity.

Randyvious

Totalmetal

yeah so im an atheist and my mom has cancer, can i have a million bucks plz?

I want to express some sympathy for you and your Mom that I do feel. It isn't my intention to seem crass.
Cancer is a heartbreaker and a half. You replyed to my thread so this is my retort. Remember the context is sympathy.
You have less then doubt that God exists. You don't believe he does. There is only one absolute in the matter
of wheather God exists that no one refutes. Because it can't be refuted. It's a coin toss at best. The chances oif
you being right ? That there is no God ? Are at best 50/50. That being the case, wouldn't do far better for you
Mothers sake to simply ask someone to pray for her ? Wheather you are atheist or not ? There was a Roman Seargent who stood before the cross on the day Jesus was crucified. The man was raised in the Pagan.
When it was all over, after everything this man had seen happen in a few hours. It caused him to blapheme
against what he had believed his whole life. Against Ceasar the Roman God that he could see and touch and hear. As he looked up at Christs lifeless body hanging on the cross. He said, " Truly, this man was the son of God ". Like it or not by the time you read this. I will have prayed for your Mother.
edit on 1-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

prayer is a waste of time

just like ur post!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

just like ur post!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Stories like this just make you realise those suffering or starving are not praying to God hard enough. Some of the most religious in the world live a daily life of suffering, yet their prayers never answered.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

.....wouldn't do far better for you
Mothers sake to simply ask someone to pray for her ? Wheather you are atheist or not ?

Should he just pray to the christian god, or work his way through all of them just to be on the safe side?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Well what the hell is your problem god? You never answered my prayers of need when I was a little kid that did believe, you are a jerk!

We should protest outside God's HQ because I've been begging, pleading and praying myself for a long time for money to fix up the house and treat my mom and so far, all I've got in return is even more poverty and hardship.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by randyvs

Great. So now we have a God who will convert Atheists... for a million dollars a pop. I wonder which God he is? I need to know so I can cash in on this too.

yea.. this God is your Heavenly Father, which is in Heaven, get use to it and maybe if you asked you'd get 2miillion but doubt you'd be converted.. but Miracles do happen .. Kinda like the 10 lepers that all got healed but only 1 returned to thank the Lord for his healing..

Kinda like we do today ya know ?? only 1/10 of us actually ever stop and just thank God, one nation under God, for just the air, water & food we consume~! But, just like any parent, they hardly ever get a grateful thank you for all they've done, so it is with God.

Wanna know what we, as a nation, act toward God? Read about the Children of Israel in the desert. A little bit of gratitude goes ALONG way with God.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I don't need money.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Fascinating...

The comments, not the OP. ;-)

Some guy hurls a "prayer" at God, it appears to be answered, and he converts.
And the "logic" here, though I hope it's all in jest, is that this means God is nonsensical, not the guy who drew the conclusion. o.O

Yer all a hoot!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

SaberTruth, I really like that. Very cool.
I believe most the posters are in jest wi6th a few exceptions. When I first posted this and after reading Infereds post. I had to sign off for awhile. I was gasping for air I was laughing so hard. I keep telling people God has a sense of humor too.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I had fun in this thread, shame more people didn't join in

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

reply to post by SaberTruth

SaberTruth, I really like that. Very cool.
I believe most the posters are in jest wi6th a few exceptions. When I first posted this and after reading Infereds post. I had to sign off for awhile. I was gasping for air I was laughing so hard. I keep telling people God has a sense of humor too.

Thanks!

Seriously though, there are people who really do take something like this incident and make it an excuse to hate God... while claiming they don't believe he exists. To me, that's like hating, say, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I keep telling people God has a sense of humor too.

I'm sure the starving, terminally ill, poverty-stricken really appreciate that sense of humour. What a sick bastard he must be.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
www.ranker.com...
lolgod.blogspot.com...

For some reason if there is a god, that's the way I envision it. It's nice knowing I'm not alone in that.

(But with that kind of time and power, it's hard to blame.
Just seeing how people play Sims makes that obvious.)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

I'm sure the starving, terminally ill, poverty-stricken really appreciate that sense of humour. What a sick bastard he must be.

This is the kind of thing that just looks so assinine to me. Who are you trying to convince ? If it's your self ? You can't be doing a very good job. The kind of disrespect you love to display. Makes you look as though you have a
thinking problem. Considering the chances you will have to account for everything you say are at best a fricken coin toss. Just makes you look not to bright to me. But don't ever change.

TKDRL

It certainly did start off as a "hoot " didn't it ? I was rollin . last nite.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal
reply to post by randyvs

just like ur post!

Aaahhh the irony ..

and your post wasn't a waste of time ? .. a double waste of time at that

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by randyvs

Great. So now we have a God who will convert Atheists... for a million dollars a pop. I wonder which God he is? I need to know so I can cash in on this too.

Hmm... In that case, I am a super athiest. My fee is 20 million.

It's a coincidence.

ha, now don't get me wrong. I do believe in an after life and god.... but this is what you call a coincidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join