It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hackers in war with terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
and another site was hacked in recent days

star-techcentral.com.../2004/8/11/technology/8641810&sec=technology

[edit on 12-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
And what do you define 'not-friendly web sites' to be then? Web sites that do not blindly support the US's imperialistic foreign policy. Do you think al-jazeera is anti-US just because it reports the truth?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
the "truth" is relative and all a matter of perspective. No one will ever no what the real truth is unless they were there at ever moment of every incident looking and watch everyone and everything all the time. Also being able to read minds wouldnt hurt

Anyway, cyber warfare is really stupid. The US would gain nothing for taking jihadunspun.com offline for a day or two. They are more likely to use it to track possible militants who connect and read articles and who post on it. Now if you read this www.securityfocus.com... , that seems a little more plausible. Taking a website down for a day or two is just worthless and a waste of time. Too many, too much time involved and it just really doesnt serve a purpose unless your some little script kiddy who wants to DDOS a website.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Theres no point attacking sites on the internet unless your trying to screw our economy. I'm pretty sure the US military is invulnerable to internet hacking because they mostly use milnet intstead of the internet. Milnet is the military's version of the internet. So you have to use a military computer to attack them in cyberspace.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ok,so I'm back ant this is the story about attack on al-jazeera
)))

www.cnn.com...

www.militaryphotos.net...

ps eddie999-sorry guy,I'm not interested in any kind of discussion with you.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by gattaca]

LL1

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gattaca
Some days ago I found that something strange happened to jihadunspun.com.It could be effect of some kind of cyber attack.We know about special units in US Army which are specialized in cyber war."cyber forces" are also active in such countries like North Korea.

Do you know anything about any successful attack on not-friendly web sites??

and maybe you somebody has "screens" from these attacks??

I promise I will find and I will show next time screen from al-jazeera web site when their was hacked.

What people don't realize is that by hacking a site intel looses information
that could have been collected.

Jihadunspin.com had changed to a completely Arabic forum, if I'm correct it was: "Hzoom.com" for like 2-3 days.
When you clicked for English, it remained in Arabic

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Eddie999,

AL-jazeera, the truth !! Thats an oxymoron.

Your reply to the post indicates that you are suffering from a heterogeneous conglomeration of contingencies indisciminately compounded from the aggregations of your emotions, you might want to seek help.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by sniper068]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sniper068
Eddie999,

AL-jazeera, the truth !! Thats an oxymoron.

Your reply to the post indicates that you are suffering from a heterogeneous conglomeration of contingencies indisciminately compounded from the aggregations of your emotions, you might want to seek help.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by sniper068]

Ah what a big man you are with your incorrect use of multi-syllabic words. Has someone bought you your first thesaurus or something?

Furthermore al-jazeera is much better than any of the western propaganda media that you most probably listen to. I bet you think FOX is unbiased!

You go ahead and blindly take as fact anything that comes from the western media and I will get my information from my own sources, which includes al-jazeera. I will be the more informed at the end.

ps eddie999-sorry guy,I'm not interested in any kind of discussion with you.

Why? Because *INSULT REMOVED* and you know you will lose any debate you enter into with me? Fair enough, I understand if you cannot cope.

[edit on 6/8/2004 by Eddie999]

[edit on 6-8-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Please stay ON TOPIC and stay AWAY from insulting each other. There is no need for it. Further abuse would close this thread and/or see Warns being handed out.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Another plausible reason why Al Jazeera would be hacked would be to create information warfare, not cyberwarfare mind you. Basically hacking the site and putting messages like "You are being lied too" in the text just to insite thought and then possible rejection from the people. But in this case I think its just some kid who's a bit patriotic and thought that hacking Al Jazeera would be a great addition onto his portfolio.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Please stay ON TOPIC and stay AWAY from insulting each other. There is no need for it. Further abuse would close this thread and/or see Warns being handed out.

Thank you.

What I said was NOT an insult, it was a rhetorical question, hence the use of question marks. I do not come onto ATS to waste my time insulting people.

Other users would be able to see that it was a rhetorical question if you had not censored it. You have deadened the impact of my post.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why? Because *INSULT REMOVED* and you know you will lose any debate you enter into with me? Fair enough, I understand if you cannot cope.

no,because in this topic I want to talk about cyberwars and cyberattacks.I'm also interested in any links with screens from hacked sites,in hacker group names and in history of these attacks.It is very interesting "front" in this war.Because cyberspace now is normal kind of battleground,like air or sea.

my topic is CYBERWARS!!!!!.if you have anything to say it would be nice but you haven't.As I saw you have nothing to say in this case.Absolutely nothing.So I'm just disinterested in any kind of discussion with you.

Is it clear???

[edit on 6-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
ok,so here we are..

now I found this one - there is some stories of these kind of attacks and saved screens from these attack.unfortunatelly as other hacking activity we don't know much more about these groups.

www.4law.co.il...

in my opinion this one is really good

www.4law.co.il...

ps -sorry for another post after last one but I thought that it would be more "clear".

[edit on 6-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999
What I said was NOT an insult, it was a rhetorical question, hence the use of question marks. I do not come onto ATS to waste my time insulting people.

Other users would be able to see that it was a rhetorical question if you had not censored it. You have deadened the impact of my post.

You stated...
"Why? Because you are a ____ and a _____ and you know you will lose any debate you enter into with me? Fair enough, I understand if you cannot cope. "

That was an insult. Period. If you wish to discuss the matter, please u2u me. If you (or anyone else) still wants to trade insults...please see Kano's Instant Board-Rage Solution. Maybe that will help.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
this site was hacked in recent days.interesting story anyway..

star-techcentral.com.../2004/8/11/technology/8641810&sec=technology

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
These kind of defacements are very easy to achieve, I do not consider this to be "true" hacking, indeed many of the so called "terrorists" websites are hosted on "hacked" western server account space . However, I think we should look past the visual side of the internet(websites) and think of what real threats there may be in the future.

Most of the "terror" countries communications networks are not up to the same standard as ours, meaning the countries rely less on the technolgy than we do. This however may be a huge disadvantage to us. There are more ways to attack us through cyber "warfare", than we have to "attack" them.

Our use of the internet for commercial, private, industrial, service industries and govermental usage and in many cases a reliance on the technology leaves us massively vunerable.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Kriz_4]

edited for spelling

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
These kind of defacements are very easy to achieve, I do not consider this to be "true" hacking, indeed many of the so called "terrorists" websites are hosted on "hacked" western server account space . However, I think we should look past the visual side of the internet(websites) and think of what real threats there may be in the future.

Most of the "terror" countries communications networks are not up to the same standard as ours, meaning the countries rely less on the technolgy than we do. This however may be a huge disadvantage to us. There are more ways to attack us through cyber "warfare", than we have to "attack" them.

Our use of the internet for commercial, private, industrial, service industries and govermental usage and in many cases a reliance on the technology leaves us massively vunerable.

yes,that is another problem - real cyberwar - but we don't know anything about such "cyber battles" - I mean attacks on all systems,on companies, etc.But it's not hacking in that meaning.It's real cyberwar.When I said about hacking I thought about something much more familiar to us.

Of course - another aspect of this war could be for example coordinated attack on some arabian companies with ties with terrorist network,or on something like that.It would be much more harder because their technology isn't on "our" level.So "our" world is much more vunerable.

This kind of attack could be really "painful" but in this subject we have to boost our defences to prevent any kind of attack.They have very little targets for our "attackers".

I don't know anything about this kind of attacks.I suppose that cyberwars in that meaning are still only SF.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well one possible front is this,
I was thinking recently that the F.B.I. or C.I.A. should set up websites which are rabidly pro-islamic/Anti-American, which allow you to donate money to "revolutionary brothers fghting allahs holy jihad" or some other thnly veiled metaphor for Al-queda. This would serve two purposes
1) provide a stream of black revenyues which could be used for black projects
2) gve them a database of terrorist sympathisers they could track to uncover more information.

After all if you can't beat em, pretend to jon em and take them out from the inside.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Well one possible front is this,
I was thinking recently that the F.B.I. or C.I.A. should set up websites which are rabidly pro-islamic/Anti-American, which allow you to donate money to "revolutionary brothers fghting allahs holy jihad" or some other thnly veiled metaphor for Al-queda. This would serve two purposes
1) provide a stream of black revenyues which could be used for black projects
2) gve them a database of terrorist sympathisers they could track to uncover more information.

After all if you can't beat em, pretend to jon em and take them out from the inside.

it's not a good idea.First of all all donations wouldn't be in large amounts so there won't be any significant benefit.All such operation could be more expensive then profits.The next thing is that it would be very hard to keep it in secret.

But in a different view it could be interesting.This is the good start to meet some guys with terror connections,to infiltrate this society.And to monitor all users in a very easy way.

But as you see many of these sites are hosted in US.Maybe they just did it??And they are really good so we think that it's only muslim propaganda??

who knows..
))

top topics

join