It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Strange Personal Experience ..anyone else?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

edit on 29-5-2011 by WorkingClassHero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassHero

Yeah! I don't know if you read my post before you put this one up, but yeah -- like a few seconds of "me" seeping outside the boundaries of "my head." Yeah.

And yes, I have had panic attacks and anxiety issues, which are now controlled with - you guessed it - medication. Haven't had panic attacks for years now, and the weird "out of myself" thing has been happening since I was a school-child, off and on.

I wonder if those of us who are more "heightened" in our sensitivity (and I don't mean "high and mighty", I mean that we seem more sensitive to what's going on within than others seem to be) have some other things in common, too. Maybe it has to do with "soul age"? That's a whole different topic, but to me it's all related.

I don't find the phenom frightening, it's kinda cool, it's just a little strange difference from my "usual" focus.
I spend a lot of time just "thinking", or "musing" as my dearly departed dad used to call it. I personally think each of us is on a personal journey and that while in pysical bodies we grow, time after time, until we get to where we are ready to move beyond the physical experience here on Earth. Maybe we who feel this weird "otherness" are at a similar level of soul-development?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'll admit first that I didn't read all the posts, but wanted to add my two cents.

There are two specific times when this happens to me. The first is during social situations. The feeling you are talking about is something I've experienced many times, and the majority of them were while I was in college. I would be out drinking with friends acting a bit crazy, and then all of a sudden it's like a wave would pass through my brain. I'd even go as far to say that I would get disoriented for a few seconds. Then I would completely realize the situation I was in and almost feel like I didn't want to be there anymore. It would seem difficult to function (not due to the alcohol) and interact and be interested in the situation I was in. Everything I did would have to be though of before I did it. As someone mentioned before, it was like my brain was on autopilot, and then it was turned off.

The other situation in which I get this feeling, and probably a better situation to analyze, is when I'm playing sports. When I was younger, I played a lot of baseball. My favorite thing to do was pitch. I was very good at it when I was able to what I would call 'get in the zone'. This is something that I feel a lot of pitchers, or just sports players in general do, or try to do. You try not to think about anything, including the task at hand, and just do it. When I was 'in the zone', I would be able to locate my pitches perfectly. When trying to put movement on a pitch, it's like I could actually feel exactly how the ball would move. It was the greatest feeling ever...

And that's when everything goes awry. You realize what's going, you begin to think about it, and all of a sudden you've walked a guy in four pitches. You try to resort back to fundamentals, but that can only get you so far. When you're not in the zone... well... you're just not in the zone.

The same thing happens, or can happen, when I play basketball or golf. I feel that golf is the best way to hone this 'skill' since there is so much down time between shots, and each shot requires you to stop thinking and just 'feel the shot'. When you're in the zone you can feel where you want the ball to go, and you're body will do exactly what is needed to get the ball to do that. It's quite a strange phenomena, but when you're playing in the zone, it's as good as any drug... but the withdrawals suck... especially in golf.

So the way I analyze it, is that we have a bodily muscle memory, and a brain muscle memory (I know the brain is an organ, but bare with me), and then there is the mind. When you're in a social situation, you are using your brain's muscle memory to interact. Just as if you are brushing your teeth, you just act as you naturally know how to, just being yourself, unhindered by thought. But your mind can get in the way of this. You can all of a sudden become conscious, having to think about all the things you do, and try to resort back to funda'mental's.

In sports, you are using your bodily muscle memory (I believe it's actually a combination of brain and muscle memory, but hey, I guess conversing is too since your brain has to operate your mouth (That makes me wonder if you can have this experience while you are only thinking without your brain having to operate your body).).

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm not sure if what I experience is what you are talking about. Especially since it is damn near impossible to describe. I get these moments where everything seems to slow down a bit and I feel far away. Like, in my head I feel really small and my body is a vehicle. Also, my thoughts (that inner voice we all have and hear when thinking) speed up. Not only that, but they don't feel like my "real" thoughts. More like I am listening to a one sided conversation. Or I am hearing my thoughts thoughts. Lol, I hope someone understands what I mean by that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
I'm not joking when I ask this, but what is your caffeine intake? I know when I drink a lot, I see things a lot clearer, not just in my mind, but like my eyes have been sqegeed (sp?). Do you smoke cigarettes or marijuana? Do you have anxiety problems? They can cause what is called derealization and depersonalization? Also, what is your diet?

HaHa/lol
I started reading on one thread>>> link below

The most "undeniably" paranormal experience you've had., page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

then read someone started this thread and bingo ran into your post ..

WHICH does make a lot of sense,, but not all the time. does this apply and don't ask me why??

I am anemic have had lots of blood transfusions and I didn’t start receiving the blood transfusions until 2002.

I do drink coffee but have for a very long time I was born in 52 and over the years drank soda coffee smoked cigarettes and i always tried to eat healthy that was the only thing I did right concerning being healthy .. Oh and exercised tons of walking everyday swimming .. I never ever had an anxiety problem until i was older and nearing my menopause had like 3 attacks ..

So I'd say my caffeine intake isn’t extreme I like having a few cups of coffee or tea in the morning at around 7am or earlier and by 8am I’m done with that .. during the day I drink lots of water and always have. This is been going on for the last 15 years ..I am a early riser watching the sun come up ..

But back in the 70's I started experiencing this weird pull on my at the moment in the moment of my mind .
whether it was Me just sitting talking to someone on the phone or us driving down the road or sitting at a restaurant with other people in conversation . my ears would muffle out everyone yet i could still hear them and I would feel like I was being redirected to something else and sometimes I was able to see quick flash like peoples faces and then after i snapped out of it >> no-one there ..yeah crazy ,, its just stuff like this ..

So I don’t or cant blame my paranormal flashes on my intake of anything really .. cause really I myself thought of everything as to what or why I would be doing this ???
That's why I started a thread ..

Have You Ever Wondered If You Have Inherited Your Parents Spiritual Or Paranormal Abilities?, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because it is true many Native Americans have visions and most are very in tune with paranormal stuff but they really don’t consider it in those exact terms ,,

Then on the other hand my father was like this too ... both parents had early childhood paranormal experiences .. and so have I.

I am so mixed up as to why people try to even bother wondering why .. Where these things come from and all .. I on the other hand have traditional native beliefs and that started quite young so My main thing was to say
IMO I can see all the stuff you mention having something to do with all of this stuff but id have to say only in the extreme measures ..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

I dont know what it is but I know were not alone in this ..many people have this .. just thought I'd let you know that ,, I stopped tryig to figure it out but more so talk about the experiences .. to me just being able to talk about this is something all by it self .. do you realize how many people hide their paranormal experiences??

I think its about time we start sharing them to show other people we dont stand alone .. and its not just a mental condition .. ect ect ect ..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I have felt like this a few times also. It's very hard to describe to other people and I'm not sure I have ever even tried. The closest I can come to describing it is to say it's almost like I'm about to realize some "truth" or that something important that is buried deep in my mind is about to come clear. While it’s happening it’s almost like I'm in a haze but when I try to figure out what it is that I'm "realizing" then the feeling goes away.
On a side note, ATS needs a spell check function. I hate reading things misspelled and I hate misspelling words myself. Please add a spell check!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

The '...wiperblade across my perception...' definitely caught my attention. I had an experience that sounds similar to this back in February of this year. I can understand the impossible to explain part.. Haven't posted what happened yet, but when I do you should definitely let me know if anything sounds familiar to you.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
When I was younger I would randomly experience what nothingness would be like if it existed. I would feel this reaction then in my chest this blinding flash of white light seemed to emit into my mind and I would see (not literally but in my mind) a completely white void space, it was horrifying.

Also another thing that only happened to me when i was younger. I would feel as if my thoughts would accelerate way past my normal thought speed, like a calm controlled anxiety without the anxiety and just the mental capacity. It scared me though each time because it just happens instantly and supposedly I looked as if my eyes where staring a thousand yards out into nothing. If would think non stop and if someone started having a conversation with me, I would speak fast so i could keep up with my thoughts or what i wanted to say.
edit on 17-6-2011 by MConnalley because: ing=ed

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Agreed. Far too many people are scared to talk about anything out of the ordinary these days. It's an understanable fear though. They think they're protecting themselves when it's their pride (ego) thats really calling the shots.

Hopefully with a community like ATS we can get more people to share.

Peace all

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
First of all thank you for posting, reading about your experience has awakened something in me again. I get this slight feeling of recognition. Like I know exactly what your talking about but I can't remember a specific occassion when this occured to me but it feels so very familiar. It might have been in a dream of a very 'clear' moment. And by clear I almost mean a little hyper/ excited. But then again maybe the excitement came of the experience. I'm sorry for my poor choice of words. But when I went 'back' into my head into that experience. I also remember feeling like everything that was said and done was supposed to be said and done. But then there were a ton of other posibilities and all of them was how it was supposed to be. I got this sense of meaninglessnes. Some people spend a lot of years searching for meaning but the feelings of this experience made me feel that that type of quest is obsolete. And the strange thing is that this is only a small part of my awakening, I get the feeling that there was more to it. I'll be thinking about this..

I think al lot of people have at one time or another felt this certain oneness with the universe, to me the experience you described falls into the same category of 'mystical' experience. The human brain is amazing and I tend to believe these experiences are awakened by certain chemical (in)balances which are highly influenced by the , developmental stages, environments and experiences we endure (intuitively this seems rather logical to me but perhaps this is just a basic reasoning error) Anyways I'm so happy that you shared so I could get this warm fuzzy feeling of rediscovery and sense of inner calm again.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
All through the public school system, k-thru-12, I felt like I was an invisible disembodied ghost. At least I never attracted any bullies, too,........

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hello All:

I would like to thank each of you for sharing, it is truly wonderful to hear so many lift the "veil" even for a brief moment.

This is seeing past and recognizing the "illusion" of the group induced reality of the old cycle.

If you are in your 20 to early 30's you might want to look into "Indigo Children". You may notice that this eclipse cycle and solstice may bring a further "awakening" to each of your journey's.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

yeah the wiperblade bits the first part of it all. you should defo post your experience, a lot of people have come forward or messaged me explaining their own personal experiences.

it's good to share... peace

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoooom

it's interestign you mention a 'clear' monent possibly occurring when you were hyper/happy. It does happen to me, more noticeably, when i'm either very relaxed or happy. I tihnk feeling content and confortable with my surroundings is also a factor. when it does it happen, it's over before i can really appreciate it; sometimes 20seconds but can be as quick as just say 2 or 3.

i agree that this could be interpreted as mystic. i think it's very natural to replace the unknown with spiritual or mystic thoughts. I also agree that brain is very powerful and susceptible to chemical imbalances. I'm glad you took something positive from this post and i hope many others do to

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by scojak

Hey,

Thanks for postnig in such detail. Couple of things caught my eye there......

1) it happens whilst playing sports

Agreed. Although i've not played copmpetitively for many years, a few friends of mine a play this silly game where we hit a practise golf ball about in my friends kitchen using any body part. we call it skootie ball and its hella fun. when we're playing my mind starts to focus on the game whilst i'm becoming more relaxed with my friends and happier that i'm having fun. The experience happens more often than not when i'm playing this game with my friends. whether it's due to being with friends and feeling happy (seritonin?) or just being active (dopamine?) it's easier to achieve then.

2) when you realize whats happening, it goes.

Agreed. Its an amazing feeling, but as soon as you relasie that things have changed and yuo start to think about it, the bubble bursts and reality resumes.

Again, thanks for your post, was well worth the read. Think i learned something new about punctuation too

pEACE .).)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It sounds like my out of body experience I do everyday... everything is the same, but at the same time i feel everything, i could tell you my ball is in my drawer because i felt the ball was there, just like the same feeling when i hold it in my hands. My mother downstairs, i could feel she was moving and i was exactly knowing what she was doing without me thinking of her. Everything that was around me i could feel and know where they are, what they are doing. I also hear a shallow wind sound in my ears, but i can hear other things fine. they just mix.

Sometimes i can move (OBE), sometimes i cant. (lucid dream). During my OBE, if i think of something or someone, i exactly either feel what he is doing, or hand up at his house and see what that person is doing. This is real stuff.

As we are awakening and approaching the great void, it is normal to start feeling those things. We are changing level, we are descending into another galaxy plane.... We are wow i cant even describe it... Soon, 6 strand of DNA will be activated and more you will understand. Soon , very soon

And I am sure, without ignorance of those changes, i am sure you can feel something is not right meaning, something inside yourself is changing. You have different thoughts, you do things differentaly. You are becoming one with everything. You are becoming aware of the real world around you.

The great void? what is it? it is cleary 3 days and a half of darkness on earth. no sun, no electronics will be working as our EMF (Earth Electro Magnetic Field) will be at 0, which will revert the polls during the void process. You won't be cold nor warm, you'll be neutral during the transition. Now this is when you have to stay calm, focus and meditate the whole 3 days and a half. And don't worry about eating, you won't feel like eating. You won't get those urges like when your hungry. Now this is where you either go up in consciousness or you stay at this level. The people who stay in fear and start running around, kill people or whatever, being in a survival mode, that is those people who will stay. The people that focus on themselves and believe the end is near, but the beginning of a new world is starting (the promised land), those person will become awakened and will reach the next level of consciousness.

It is all about OPEN YOUR EYES, look , don't look at what is going on... don't start preparing yourself because there will be a great cataclysms... what are you going to do anyway if there is one that will destroy the world like everybody is saying? those are just fear. Get rid of that fear. Enlight yourself into the light, not into the darkness. Believe in yourself. meditate, get higher. One thing as well, this great void process (going up or staying) is about the self, not about others around you. family, friends, kids whatever. You have to meditate for you. Maybe they will be running around and be scared but you have to focus and let them be scared. Nothing you will do or say to them that will bring them to consciousness of the great void. they have to realize it for themselves then they can join you.

oneness love....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join