It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain Proposes Return To Pre-1845 Borders As Solution to U.S. Mexico Border Issue

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

And when that has happenned we will kick out the house of stuart and then put in the house of Tudor back in. Then, after that, we can kick out the house of Tudor and put back the house of York, then Lancaster, then York (again), then Lancaster (again), then Plantagent, then Normandy, then Wessex, then Denmark, then Wessex (again), then Denmark (again), then Wessex (again, again), then Mercia.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

An attempt to justify the occupation of Palestine and the Settlement expansions I suppose. Maybe that's why the author brought Israel in to the equation.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Funny, as I think all the lands plundered by the British should be returned to the country of origin.
Britain and others can stick it. Worry about your own crap first.
That goes for America Govt as well.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

An attempt to justify the occupation of Palestine and the Settlement expansions I suppose. Maybe that's why the author brought Israel in to the equation.

Actually, the article was a humorous attempt to show how foolish it is for our POTUS to demand another nation give away it's land. It is asking how we as Americans would feel if Britain asked the same of us. NO, Mr. Cameron did not make this statement. It is a little one sided in favor of Israel, but that's the author's intent, not mine. It is not anything more than just an article to show how outraged we would be if another nation got into our business. I guess I have my answer. Thanks to those who read the article and understood it's intent.
edit on 29-5-2011 by retiredTxn because: To add link.

Source
edit on 29-5-2011 by retiredTxn because: To actually add link. LOL

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

That's exactly what I said, that the author attempts to justify the occupation and settlement expansions.

I'm not insinuating anything more than that.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Sorry, my post was not aimed at you to disagree, rather to confirm your assessment. Was just giving a little background for others who aren't understanding it is satire.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Quite apart from the fact that it's a spoof article, does this mean we can have Normandy and other parts of France back?

Edit: shoud this thread be moved to the Hoax forum lest people think it's a genuine news story?
edit on 29-5-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Loved this part!

“This would actually be an acceptable solution to the President in the sense that we would finally be able to get rid of Texas and Arizona. However, the loss of critical voters in California would really suck.”

Good stuff.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Make sure they pay us back the money first, and adjust for inflation. We could use the money.

And we'd like it in gold bullion please
edit on 30-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This article would have a point if in 1845 the mexicans raised taco prices in a reaction to the American-Mexican war, to the point that the whole world suffered a taco price shock, and slithered into a recession. Palestine-Israel *is* a global problem. Illegal immigration in the US is not.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Not going to happen and the Crown and the Isles needs to butt out of our affairs domestically.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join