It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain Proposes Return To Pre-1845 Borders As Solution to U.S. Mexico Border Issue

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
BRITAIN PROPOSES RETURN TO PRE-1845 BORDERS AS SOLUTION TO U.S. MEXICO BORDER ISSUE

Source

John G. Winder, The Cypress Times Published 05/21/2011 - 9:11 a.m. CST

LONDON, ENGLAND – The U.S. must return to the pre-1845 borders with Mexico said British Prime Minister David Cameron today. Cameron offered up the solution in order to resolve the issue of massive illegal migration from Mexico into the U.S. and to quell the rising tide of drug cartel violence close to the shared border between the two nations.

Cameron said the proposed return to the pre-1845 borders is the only viable solution that would solve a deadlock "that has grinded on and on and on."

"There must be no doubt that Great Britain welcomes change that advances self-determination and opportunity," Cameron said. "Yes, there will be perils that accompany this moment of promise. But after decades of accepting the world as it is in North America, we have a chance to pursue the world as it should be.”

The Prime Minister’s comments were made just one day before President Obama was scheduled to arrive in Ireland as part of a desperate attempt to woo Irish-American voters. White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters that Cameron’s actions are inexcusable.

MODS, please forgive me posting the whole article, just couldn't decide what to cut.

This just goes to show how absurd it is for our POTUS to get involved in Israel's business. We need to focus a lot more on our own problems, rather than wasting our time and money on an issue that will probably never get solved in our lifetime.

Best line? Nancy Pelosi responded, “Seriously. I don’t speak Spanish.”

Am I wrong on this, or is this how we should continue...butting into everybody else's business?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 5/28/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So what's all with the "Special Relationship" then Mr. Cameron? Looks like will give you a drone strike then

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is so weird. Like, twilight zone-ish for me.... This world is so twisted.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

Israel will never revert back to the 1967 borders anymore than the USA would revert back to the 1845 borders. But I love it when some Americans think Israel should return back to the 1967 borders but are not prepared to return back to their 1845 borders. Can't have it both ways!!! Whats good for the goose is good for all the geece!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You would think there is some footage of this would you not?
Or at least some form of serious and credible reporting on the subject.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Methinks this is a tongue-in-cheek opinion piece from someone.

Not only does it read like an article from The Onion, but it's placed on a Christian news website and is liked in the "opinion-editorial" section.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Another "ironic " post confusing the ATS membership. It would be quite amusing if Cameron had of said something like that, probably wouldn't have gone down too well and may have ruined the o so "special" relationship

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Then I say we should propose to return to the borders of the Roman Empire. That should solve our problems with England. When they began the HAARP progect I am beginning to think they used the bilderburg cronoies as their first test subjects. All of them are completely out of their minds. It reminds me of a person I knew who would say which one is really crazy the one certified or the one that listens to the certified. That appears to be our situation. We are listening and allowing the crazies to rule the world.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. It absolutely confirms my belief that Cameron is the biggest idiot we have ever had as a Prime Minister. He's clearly dodgy arming the Libyan rebels and leaving our forces to get picked off in Afganistan so we know he represents the bankers and his dear 5th Cousin and certainly not the British Public.

Do hope the Americans don't think all in the UK concur with Mr Cameron. (I voted for Nick Clegg's party but got Cameron so a little vested interest should be noted here.

Are you positive he actually said this because its most strange due to our 'special relationship' had by politicians on both sides of the pond. Unless of course he wants to buy Mexican oil.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
Thank you for posting this. It absolutely confirms my belief that Cameron is the biggest idiot we have ever had as a Prime Minister. He's clearly dodgy arming the Libyan rebels and leaving our forces to get picked off in Afganistan so we know he represents the bankers and his dear 5th Cousin and certainly not the British Public.

Do hope the Americans don't think all in the UK concur with Mr Cameron. (I voted for Nick Clegg's party but got Cameron so a little vested interest should be noted here.

Are you positive he actually said this because its most strange due to our 'special relationship' had by politicians on both sides of the pond. Unless of course he wants to buy Mexican oil.

So you hang him first and then ask questions on the articles authenticy? Strange.

Of course its not ruddy true. Use your brain.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I would support that Idea to return to those Borders,, Hawaii would not be a State and Obama would be thrown out since he would no longer be able to be president, sounds like a win-win situation to me!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
LOL I'm sure the Scott's would have something to say to their neighbors south of the border ie: hadrians wall.
In any case I don't think Texas would welcome having to go through another revolution vs mexico.

Facepalm

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gimpy327

Yeah, sounds like another civil war for the USA.....Yankies v Confederates. LOL

Won't happen.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Well at least americans aren't the only ones that jump to ridiculous conclusions about their top leader based on trash websites. If it was even said by PM Cameron at all, I'm sure it was a dry wit snipe at Obama's new stance on Israel.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
when i read this i was mad

but then like the posters said obama couldnt be eligible to be president

nancy pelosi would not be a congressman

nor harry reid.

i am fine with this lets give up all that land

but it still wouldnt solve the immigration issues because the only reason they come here is for money.

lets forget about the millions of americans being displaced the millions of business.

some people are just plain stupid.

cameron fits stupid

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Reply to post by neo96

As tongue in cheek as this article is, as a Texan, I say

HELL YES!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Just a bunch of rhetoric is all this is.
If I want to get the growing population in the US that is realizing that israel is a terrorist state behind israel once again, I must get those folks to see some common ground with israel.

So this is what BarryO was doing in his speech by suggesting israel adopt the 1967 borders and then almost immediately backtracking his statement by kissing butt.
BarryO was setting up Britains PM to show some US/israel common ground.
Did anyone else see that or am I the only one?
But I think if the US just kept its borders and pulled all of our troops home and cut ALL foreign aid, we'd be just fine.
I believe that is what the founding Fathers would have wanted.
We are not like israel, we were founded by men of deed, not terrorists.
Let israel fight their own fight with their own weapons and their own money, gold, diamonds, Etc.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

hahah yeah they wish

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You're close but, the next civil war will be the west end vs a city in the center of the east coast area.

Yanks and the rebs only fight amongst themselves when we have nobody else to fight, kind of like the warrior races near and off the coast of England.
Q: Why did god invent whiskey?
A: To keep the Irish from ruling the world!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
As someone who actually has a brain, and who lives in SoCal, I can tell you that simply moving the border is not going to change one thing in Mexico. In fact, it is absolutely moronic for any person, especially Hispanics who fled their broken country, to think that making California and the other states a part of Mexico again would be anything other than a waste of time.

The problems in Mexico have to do with bringing drugs into this the US market, and a corrupt Mexican government that caters to a tiny minority of rich and couldn't care less about anyone else. Neither of these situations would be changed by returning to the old borders. What do you think would happen? That having more land would fix all of the problems in Mexico? No, what would happens is the drug cartels would move up to the new border lines so they can get their drugs into the US, resuming the bloodshed, and the corrupt government would claim the land they want, leaving the rest of it in poverty as it is now.

You want to start hurting the cartels in Mexico? Legalize marijuana. The cartels South of our borders use the sale of marijuana to pay for their hard drug operations. Take that money away, and they will be hurting.
edit on 28-5-2011 by JeepOrDie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join